Top 5 Sideshow SW Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I judge it on what I consider most actor/costume lifelike:

Emperor (ROTJ)
Vader (modded)
Jabba
Shock Trooper
Lando

Palpatine (from the 2 pack as well)

This is all in what sort of figures you collect and who you liked i believe..but as unbiased as I can be and the ones I own..I have to say in no order.
Jabba/Throne
Vader
Emperor
Sandtrooper squad leader
Old Ben

ANH Ben Kenobi >> every other figure made to date. Granted it's not as intricate as Vader or a Stormtrooper, but it's nearly perfect in every way.

Honorable mention to the Sandtroopers.

You should just hold on a bit. I have a feeling HT is gonna get the star wars license.

When the Star Wars figures stop becoming profitable for SSC and if HT is still in the game I can see this occurring, the thing is SSC still sells out Star Wars figures without much issue and for every fumble there are fantastic ones that charge fans right up. I don't see them renting out the license to HT anytime in the forseeable future because there is still plenty of money to be made off of this.

Those waiting on HT figure for the Star Wars license have a long wait ahead of them me thinks....

When the Star Wars figures stop becoming profitable for SSC and if HT is still in the game I can see this occurring, the thing is SSC still sells out Star Wars figures without much issue and for every fumble there are fantastic ones that charge fans right up. I don't see them renting out the license to HT anytime in the forseeable future because there is still plenty of money to be made off of this.

Those waiting on HT figure for the Star Wars license have a long wait ahead of them me thinks....

I'm new to this hobby so I am going to ask a stupid question regarding HT and SW figures. The boxes that are badge Hot Toys, what exactly does that mean? SW figures using True Type bodies? Are those usually better than standard SS figures without the badge?

I agree with the sentiment of what you are saying, but there are two problems with the statement in bold. First, the license is being rented out to Sideshow through Hasbro, it really isn't an option for them to rent it out to anyone. Second, Hot toys is a Japanese company, they don't need sideshow to rent out the license, or loose it. Like Medicom, they can get their own license, which Sideshow could import. And even though Medicom has the license, that doesn't matter as they along with Hot Toys and Takara have done figures from Batman at the same time.

That said, I still don't think it will happen any time soon. It would be interesting to see though.

Jedi Luke
Vader
Storm Trooper
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Ben Kenobi

I agree with the sentiment of what you are saying, but there are two problems with the statement in bold. First, the license is being rented out to Sideshow through Hasbro, it really isn't an option for them to rent it out to anyone. Second, Hot toys is a Japanese company, they don't need sideshow to rent out the license, or loose it. Like Medicom, they can get their own license, which Sideshow could import. And even though Medicom has the license, that doesn't matter as they along with Hot Toys and Takara have done figures from Batman at the same time.

That said, I still don't think it will happen any time soon. It would be interesting to see though.

You're right about Hasbro leasing the 1:6 Star Wars license to Sideshow. I doubt that'll change any time soon. You're wrong about just about everything else. HotToys is based in Hong Kong, not Japan. Medicom is Japanese and have the rights for the 1:6 Star Wars license in Asia.

ANH Ben
AOTC Ben
ANH Vader
ANH Luke
ROTJ Palpatine

but seriously,i cannot even pick a top 10 let alone a top 5.So many awesome figures for so many different reasons.
but my first 2 picks are undoubtedly for not only the amazing headsculpts,but also for posability,accessories and down right coolness factor.

Not to mention a HT Star Wars line would never have the depth of a SST line. What's the highest number of distinct characters HT has ever made for a line? While I would love to see HT tackle something like Vader or a Stormtrooper, it would never create a "collection" the way SST does. On the other hand, HT has never had a license like Star Wars (if such a thing exists) so maybe I'm wrong.

he's not half as good of an instructor as Yoda, has a chip on his shoulder about blasters, and he strokes his beard creepily, for starters.

"Get your fat space-ass back here...."

5 Best Figures In The Line Released So Far:
1. Sandtrooper(s)
2. Jabba The Hutt (he counts)
3. ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi
4. Palpatine 2-Pack
5. Vader

Honorable Mentions:
Clone Trooper(s)
Kit Fisto
Lando Calrissian
Obi-Wan Kenobi (EP2)