top 5 joes as a kid?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Favorites from the Cartoon:

1. Snake Eyes
  2. Flint
  3. Lady Jaye
  4. Baroness
  5. Bazooka

From the toy line:
  1. Snake Eyes V2
  2. Firefly
  3. Cobra Eels
  4. Dusty
  5. Stormshadow V2
And since it's so hard to nail down just five favorites, toy line runners up:
  1. Beachhead
  2. Wet Suit
  3. Torpedo
  4. Viper
  5. Night-Viper

Joes:
Snow Job
Mutt and Junkyard
Shipwreck
Bazooka
Dusty

Cobra:
Cobra Commander
Zartan
Snow Serpents
BAT
Destro

Honorable Mention:
Tele-Vipers
Tripwire
Any of the other Dreadnoks
Snake Eyes

1) Stormshadow (V1)
2) Cobra Commander (V2)
3) Destro (V1)
4) Cobra Commander (V1)
5) Snake Eyes (V2)

Why: COOOOBRAAAA!......and Snake Eyes.

1.) Hooded Cobra Commander. Just such a cool looking bad guy. You have no idea what's under that thin piece of cloth and that really gets your imagination going as a kid.
2.) Crimson Guard. One of my first memories of buying Joes and, again, a really cool looking baddy. I bought him and Duke at a Gee Bees Dept store on Freeport Rd in Natrona Heights, PA. A very early toy memory.
3.) B.A.T. A figure that was played with to death b/c even stripped down w/o hands or the sticker, the B.A.T. couldn't be stopped!
4.) Firefly. Before I had Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow, I had Firefly, who always seemed cooler than both combined.
5.) Leatherneck. I loved that gray M-16 he came with!

Here's mine:

Cartoon:
1) Firefly -- Just seemed way more sinister than the rest and didn't give a ^^^^^*
2) Storm Shadow --Very smart as a villian, always had the upper hand
3) Quick Kick --Plain smart ass, loved it
4) Serpentor --Just a way better representation than the toy figure...
5) Cobra Commander (Chrome Dome) --Gotta love having Star Scream as the voice of leader of Cobras

Toy Line:
1) Firefly (v1, 1983) --Number one bada$$ figure, was a mix of everything IMO, cool look, nice weapons, etc...
2) Storm Shadow (v1, 1983) --Dude was the ultimate ninja, had prolly 10 of these guys opened and sealed
3) Snake Eyes (v1, 1982 straight arm) --Never acquired until I was an adult, this was just a holy grail and never in stores for me!!! NEVER
4) Zartan (v1, 1983) --Color chaning was awesome
5) Hooded Cobra Commander (v1, 1983) --Just was hard to find for me, especially with the mail away, had to trade with local neighborhood kids, LOL

Honorable Mention:
1) B.A.T.S. --How cool was these and being able to switch arms
2) Cobra Trooper --standard Cobra plain and simple, nothing reaks Cobra more
3) Duke --Without him, it's just not the Real American Hero
4) Destro --You always need a Vice President, very cool second in command
5) Sgt. Slaughter --Didn't like the wrestler dude but man he kicks a$$ as a figure and kicks the crap outta anyone in the cartoon series

1. Snake Eyes
2. Barbecue
3. Flint
4. Zartan
5. Tomax/Xamot

I stand by this list. Bring it on.:lol

Dammit I forgot about the twins, those guys are pimp I don't care what anyone says, I love having both during my fight scenes as a kid!!! They were kind of dorks in the cartoon though. I remember the card art that these guys came with, truly awesome!

Preeny did u get ur BR Joker, son? :rotfl

Dammit I forgot about the twins, those guys are pimp I don't care what anyone says, I love having both during my fight scenes as a kid!!! They were kind of dorks in the cartoon though. I remember the card art that these guys came with, truly awesome!

Preeny did u get ur BR Joker, son? :rotfl

Locked and loaded from BBTS, Bro.:chew

ok.. re thought some of these...

top 5 cobras...
1)Cobra Comander
2)Zartan - Dreds
3)Storm Shadow
4) Firefly
5)Major Blood

Joes...
1)Snake Eyes
2)Tunnelrat
3)Duke
4)Shipwreck
5)Spirit

As a kid? Probably SE V2, Stalker, Lt Falcon, Sgt Slaughter and Hawk. I really liked the more military-looking ones.

Back