1/6 TOP-001 1/6 Comedian casual ( Joaquin phoenix Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I of course dont known him personally, but I have yet to see any merchandise from this movie and not to mention it's a rated R version so they are aiming at a completely different audience.

We will see I guess If I dont at least see some DC direct stuff for him at Comic Con then I really have doubts about a figure of him getting made

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The movie doesn't see release for several months so I'm not surprised there isn't any merch out yet. I know it's a different audience but doesn't mean anything that much, Deadpool was R rated and both movies got HT releases.

yeah seriously... theres no merch because the movie is months away,

its DC and its a joker movie... the movie can be a steaming pile of crap and if anyone thinks that they won't still be drawing up to their ears in joker figures, officially licensed and otherwise - of all scales, high and lower end is dreaming.

The one thing that makes me cautious of action figures is that this likely didn't have a superhero film contract; they want it to be a big Oscar player for Joaquin who might even get a nomination if he's as good as he normally is, so it'd be closer to a contract that Cooper signed for A Star is Born or something.
I know some people have issues with the sculpt, and yeah he doesn't look as skinny as he does in the trailer, but I quite like the figure so far - especially for $95. Hopefully Hot Toys does do a Joker though, maybe even a DeNiro too from this film.

The movie doesn't see release for several months so I'm not surprised there isn't any merch out yet. I know it's a different audience but doesn't mean anything that much, Deadpool was R rated and both movies got HT releases.

The intended audience for this movie is different from the intended audience for Deadpool.

The intended audience for this movie is different from the intended audience for Deadpool.

What does that have to do with anything about whether adults buy Hot Toys? I mean literally that makes no sense. They played this trailer in front of Spider-Man Far From Home, so is that the intended audience?

I can't believe how you guys are bending over backwards trying to come up with reasons why they wouldn't do a figure for one of the most popular characters in comic based movies, one of Hot Toys most popular characters they love to create, and most importantly he SELLS.

What does that have to do with anything about whether adults buy Hot Toys?

Nothing?

I don't remember anyone saying that adults do or do not buy Hot Toys. As an adult, I can tell you that I do buy Hot Toys.

You're jumping all over the place, man.

I mean literally that makes no sense.

You're telling me.

They played this trailer in front of Spider-Man Far From Home, so is that the intended audience?

I think the intended audience is arthouse film lovers and critics.

I can't believe how you guys are bending over backwards trying to come up with reasons why they wouldn't do a figure for one of the most popular characters in comic based movies

Assessing reality and likely possibilities is not bending over backwards.

one of Hot Toys most popular characters they love to create, and most importantly he SELLS.

Tell that to Jared Leto.

BTW, if you read what's been posted, you'd understand that some of us are positing that it's perhaps not actually up to Hot Toys - that they might not be able to make one even if they wanted to.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong and maybe you're right. So I'll tell you what - I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll bet you 20 bucks that there won't be a Joaquin Phoenix figure released (or even announced for pre-order with prototype pics displayed) from Hot Toys 12 months after the movie's release.

You seem so sure that you're right and that we're "bending over backwards." Are you sure enough to put some dough on the line?

Nothing?

I don't remember anyone saying that adults do or do not buy Hot Toys. As an adult, I can tell you that I do buy Hot Toys.

You're jumping all over the place, man.

You're telling me.

I think the intended audience is arthouse film lovers and critics.

Assessing reality and likely possibilities is not bending over backwards.

Tell that to Jared Leto.

BTW, if you read what's been posted, you'd understand that some of us are positing that it's perhaps not actually up to Hot Toys - that they might not be able to make one even if they wanted to.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong and maybe you're right. So I'll tell you what - I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll bet you 20 bucks that there won't be a Joaquin Phoenix figure released (or even announced for pre-order with prototype pics displayed) from Hot Toys 12 months after the movie's release.

You seem so sure that you're right and that we're "bending over backwards." Are you sure enough to put some dough on the line?

Sure I'll bet you $20. So I've got until October 4th 2020? No problem.

The scary thing is...somebody on one side of this pointless debate is right! Which one...?

I'm not sure because Pennywise = horror movie but with a large audience and a first successful movie, The Joker will be more a indie movie in my opinion, but perhaps.

I find it funny everyone is assuming a licensed figure will be made simply because it's a Joker.

Remember Logan? Everyone wanted a proper release, and cos it was Wolverine, everyone expected one. However, the studio didn't want to make any officially licensed toys from the film, because it wasn't your "typical" comic/superhero film.

I could 100% see the same thing happening with this one. Yes, being the Joker raises the chances of a figure more so than Wolverine, but I wouldn't expect anything as a given.

I have a spare 3A body they sent as a replacement years ago, I wonder if that might work? I'm not familiar with the slim body that's mentioned.

Photo_28-9-2019_4_45_04_PM__04989.1569674515.jpg

Photo_28-9-2019_4_45_01_PM__25802.1569674515.jpg

Photo_28-9-2019_4_45_06_PM__54896.1569674516.jpg

TOP put this set up for preorder, I wonder why only the head and not the full figure. They had teased the suit a few weeks ago I think.

I've just got in this set...and very nice it is too for the money...

Head sculpt is excellent...but it could do with being a tad more thinner in the face as Phoenix was very gaunt looking in the film.
The tiny scar over the top lip is a nice touch though.

My biggest gripe were the eyes(which i've repainted)...as the irises were way too small and the wrong color.

The clothing is not entirely movie accurate but they're still very well done especially the hoody jacket which can look great with very little work/futzing.
I did water treat the pants though to help get them sit better.

It will be interesting to see how the TE Fleck sculpt compares to this...but for now i'm happy with this guy on my shelf to represent that magnificent movie...

DSC_0738.JPGDSC_0752.JPGDSC_0846.jpgDSC_0848.jpg

Holy smokes he looks incredible there. The repainted eyes definitely go a long way. Amazing job, dude. :clap

Back