TonyMeis Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: TonyMeis Custom DC (1/4 HT Dark Knight Cape, Custom MOS Superman Cape)

I dont know, I think Tony's current length is perfect.
They used many capes in the films, and at times, its even just cgi.
I've been going back and looking at other pics and it looks like the cape is just supposed
to be barely touching the ground.

Either way, I would like mine at the length you have now Tony if that's ok.

Here's the actual costume that was on display.

Definitely gonna try to emulate what you come up with, with the neck mod.
I'm the same boat, im pretty much already happy with the result of your custom cape, but if it can be flattened more
On the shoulder area, I'm definitely have to try that mod also.

The other thing I want to do...not 100% sure yet if I will, is maybe repaint the "S"...er... I meant, the hope symbol. Lol
Maybe paint it with some metallic color acrylic.

manofsteel_zpsf0dbb793.jpg

Hmm in real life the red on the suit looks more bright red and the S symbol looks non metallic like the Hot Toys version but in this screen cap here the red looks more like Maroon and the S symbol looks metallic.

Hmm in real life the red on the suit looks more bright red and the S symbol looks non metallic like the Hot Toys version but in this screen cap here the red looks more like Maroon and the S symbol looks metallic.

In real life, anyone's camera setting can greatly alter a color, can make something look high contrast, very vibrant, Or
It can be dull, mute colors.

We're going by how it looks on screen.
His cape is definitely darker. Almost, or it is burgundy.
And his "S" shield definitely has a metallic look in many instances in the movie.
Sometimes, its hard to tell...but watch the show down when he is walking towards the kryptonian girl and the other guy in the streets and superman tells the people to go inside, or when ma kent tells him "Nice suit son"...his shield definitely has a metallic thing going when lights reflect off it.

manofsteel4_zps3042cd58.jpg

b1c500bf98ea6f40a2e2045ead7d06b2_zps27d87ad6.jpg

Last edited:

In real life, anyone's camera setting can greatly alter a color, can make something look high contrast, very vibrant, Or
It can be dull, mute colors.

We're going by how it looks on screen.
His cape is definitely darker. Almost, or it is burgundy.
And his "S" shield definitely has a metallic look in many instances in the movie.
Sometimes, its hard to tell...but watch the show down when he is walking towards the kryptonian girl and the other guy in the streets and superman tells the people to go inside, or when ma kent tells him "Nice suit son"...his shield definitely has a metallic thing going when lights reflect off it.

manofsteel4_zps3042cd58.jpg

Oh I agree, I would rather have a product that has a suit how it looked from the screen rather than one that looks like it does in real life. I am was just saying I was amazed that there was quite a big difference between what it looks on screen to what it looks like in real life. ;)

Oh I agree, I would rather have a product that has a suit how it looked from the screen rather than one that looks like it does in real life. I am was just saying I was amazed that there was quite a big difference between what it looks on screen to what it looks like in real life. ;)

There always is a big difference between on screen and actual color.
Usually, before the film is made, they decide on the lighting, filters to use, so then the actors have to do a test on how the outfit will look on screen.
Just look at the amazing spiderman when the suit was first seen in public.
Everyone hated it, thought it looked funny and the colors were off.
But once the filter was in place, the suit looks vibrant and the textures pop out.

There always is a big difference between on screen and actual color.
Usually, before the film is made, they decide on the lighting, filters to use, so then the actors have to do a test on how the outfit will look on screen.
Just look at the amazing spiderman when the suit was first seen in public.
Everyone hated it, thought it looked funny and the colors were off.
But once the filter was in place, the suit looks vibrant and the textures pop out.

Yeah but didn't think it would look more metallic on screen than it would in real life. I thought it would still be metallic in real life. :eek:

Trimmed down the neck area with an exacto knife. When I get the chance, I'll paint it black. As of now, the cape covering quite nicely

the trapezoid are a bit lower now
- modified the traps area to allow cape sit lower
- extended the head higher (aiming the longer neck look)
- custom cape

For me I would be 100% happy with how it looks here.

Yea I agree...looks 100% better to me. Already paid for mine lol...working on the neck/shoulder mod now!

Just watched the beginning of the video.
Good to see ya Tony. :wave

Great to see how dark the cape is. :yess:
On your pics, I figured it would be darker but the pics didn't
Show it as well as the video.

First and foremost, the cape is a huge huge upgrade.
Now I know the other guys in the vids were just meh about having the folds, but is the cape
Not gonna have the folds on the shoulder?
I'm fine either way, but having your dx12 battle cape which has those folds,
I'm wondering if it will look better?
My main thing is for the cape to lay flat, so if adding the folds will compromise that,
Then probably keep it as it is.
But if it'll lay the same, do you think it will look better with the folds?

Just watched the beginning of the video.
Good to see ya Tony. :wave

Great to see how dark the cape is. :yess:
On your pics, I figured it would be darker but the pics didn't
Show it as well as the video.

First and foremost, the cape is a huge huge upgrade.
Now I know the other guys in the vids were just meh about having the folds, but is the cape
Not gonna have the folds on the shoulder?
I'm fine either way, but having your dx12 battle cape which has those folds,
I'm wondering if it will look better?
My main thing is for the cape to lay flat, so if adding the folds will compromise that,
Then probably keep it as it is.
But if it'll lay the same, do you think it will look better with the folds?

it will have the fold along the edges, it drapes better for this MOS cape.

Actually, let me rephrase that, what I was referring to was the "sewn" folds.
You mentioned in the video that your still contemplating, and the guys were
Quick to say meh about that sewn folds.
I believe the dx12 battle cape has the same sewn folds, so I'm wondering if this will
Benefit from that also?

I do see that its mentioned that the folds can be done manually so its not biggie,
But just curious if it'll be better sewn?

Last edited:

that cape is beautiful. I'd imagine the first 15 are already spoken for LOL. What is that material, it almost looks like a fine velvet.

Actually, let me rephrase that, what I was referring to was the "sewn" folds.
You mentioned in the video that your still contemplating, and the guys were
Quick to say meh about that sewn folds.
I believe the dx12 battle cape has the same sewn folds, so I'm wondering if this will
Benefit from that also?

I do see that its mentioned that the folds can be done manually so its not biggie,
But just curious if it'll be better sewn?

I'll be trying to add the sewing fold on and see how it turn out. but not a grantee.....
1. more labor requires higher the price
2. may be too thick
3. the insert section needs to be very thin as seen in the movie
4. but if it does look good I will still offer it

I have 2-3 weeks to complete the first 15, and which turn out to be the best will be the version everyone gets.

that cape is beautiful. I'd imagine the first 15 are already spoken for LOL. What is that material, it almost looks like a fine velvet.

first 15 has already been sold, I'm making the second group order right after. there will be no break time in between.

as of the fabric material, its the closes fabric I can find that match the 1:1 cape I have seen from the screen.

I'll be trying to add the sewing fold on and see how it turn out. but not a grantee.....
1. more labor requires higher the price
2. may be too thick
3. the insert section needs to be very thin as seen in the movie
4. but if it does look good I will still offer it

I have 2-3 weeks to complete the first 15, and which turn out to be the best will be the version everyone gets.

Fair enough.
I was surprised how low the price you offered, so I completely undertand if it will require a higher price, which I'm perfectly fine and willing to Compensate for the time to do that if having it sewn does indeed make the cape better.
Im all about the best representation of the cape
and I know making these cape take some time so I have no issues adding the difference if needed.

Re: TonyMeis Custom DC (1/4 HT Dark Knight Cape, Custom MOS Superman Cap youtube vide

Tony, I've been sitting on the fence for a long time but I upgraded all my display shelves and I'm now ready to take the plunge into more accurate capes. I love all the work you've done so far. I'm actually interested in buying 1-2 each of the short capes for

1. 1/6 Batman Begins
2. 1/6 Dark Knight
3. 1/4 Batman Begins
4. 1/4 Dark Knight
5. 1/6 Man of Steel
6. 1/6 1989 Batman Drape
7. 1/6 1989 Batman Fold Back

I saw that some had limited numbers. Are they still all available and do I just contact you through your email in your sig?

Also, I know this isn't the right forum but any chance you do Hot Toys Thor capes that fold properly?

Thanks!

Re: TonyMeis Custom DC (1/4 HT Dark Knight Cape, Custom MOS Superman Cap youtube vide

Tony, I've been sitting on the fence for a long time but I upgraded all my display shelves and I'm now ready to take the plunge into more accurate capes. I love all the work you've done so far. I'm actually interested in buying 1-2 each of the short capes for

1. 1/6 Batman Begins
2. 1/6 Dark Knight
3. 1/4 Batman Begins
4. 1/4 Dark Knight
5. 1/6 Man of Steel
6. 1/6 1989 Batman Drape
7. 1/6 1989 Batman Fold Back

I saw that some had limited numbers. Are they still all available and do I just contact you through your email in your sig?

Also, I know this isn't the right forum but any chance you do Hot Toys Thor capes that fold properly?

Thanks!

Email me at [email protected], I'll give you all the detail there. As for Thor, I did, but discontinued it.......

Tony I just sent you payment for a cape. Can't wait too get it. :)

Hey tony I know you are trying to perfect the new MOS cape you've been working on, but will you be making a wired version? I it would be awesome to have that along with the dk one you've made.

Hey tony I know you are trying to perfect the new MOS cape you've been working on, but will you be making a wired version? I it would be awesome to have that along with the dk one you've made.

not yet, because I would like to see more people get used to taking off the stock cape first before I move onto the wire cape.

Do you have a rough timeframe on when you think you'll have wired capes for sale? Maybe mid-February?

Back