TonyMeis Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: TonyMeis Custom DC (1/4 HT Dark Knight Cape, Custom MOS Superman Cap youtube vide

Do you have a rough timeframe on when you think you'll have wired capes for sale? Maybe mid-February?

most likely when I'm completely satisfy with the drape cape first. also another reason, I haven't find a fabric I'm satisfy with for MOS wire cape yet..... I do NOT want to use the same fabric and just put wire in it, but want something harder for better posing ability. so no plan yet......

Re: TonyMeis Custom DC (1/4 HT Dark Knight Cape, Custom MOS Superman Cap youtube vide

most likely when I'm completely satisfy with the drape cape first. also another reason, I haven't find a fabric I'm satisfy with for MOS wire cape yet..... I do NOT want to use the same fabric and just put wire in it, but want something harder for better posing ability. so no plan yet......

When you say "harder fabric" do you mean just heavier fabric? Or fabric that isn't silky like the drape cape?

hi Tony your work on this cape is beyond fantastic ,ive got a loose suit here and i figured if i could take it apart it may help you solve the high shoulders look of the cape ,there a 2 plastic forms that press together either side of the suit ,to hold it together and form the collar ,and hold the cape on to the suit ,the top one is the one you have trimmed and shown in your pics ,the bottom one is what raises the cape up and encloses the neck ,removing this open up the neck and lowers the trap area of the suit and cape ,here are some picture that ,i hope will make sense of what ive just typed lol ,
20140121_182017_zpsf97a46e6.jpg
20140121_182051_zps87de63d7.jpg
20140121_182236_zpsd6f9db32.jpg
20140121_183041_zpsa2b0bdc3.jpg
20140121_183143_zps14d73f65.jpg
the last two pics show the suit back on minus the bottom part of the neck piece ,thats why the suit is unattached at the front of the collar ,a little careful glue should do the trick ,all the best Tony ,i hope these helped cheers chris

hi Tony your work on this cape is beyond fantastic ,ive got a loose suit here and i figured if i could take it apart it may help you solve the high shoulders look of the cape ,there a 2 plastic forms that press together either side of the suit ,to hold it together and form the collar ,and hold the cape on to the suit ,the top one is the one you have trimmed and shown in your pics ,the bottom one is what raises the cape up and encloses the neck ,removing this open up the neck and lowers the trap area of the suit and cape ,here are some picture that ,i hope will make sense of what ive just typed lol ,
20140121_182017_zpsf97a46e6.jpg
20140121_182051_zps87de63d7.jpg
20140121_182236_zpsd6f9db32.jpg
20140121_183041_zpsa2b0bdc3.jpg
20140121_183143_zps14d73f65.jpg
the last two pics show the suit back on minus the bottom part of the neck piece ,thats why the suit is unattached at the front of the collar ,a little careful glue should do the trick ,all the best Tony ,i hope these helped cheers chris

Thank you for the pictures, I felt the same way at first, but it might be too difficult for everyone else to do it. I believe the best way to mod it would be trimming from the bottom, but that could also take a lot of risk and effort. we'll figure something out together, thank you for your helpful pictures :D

no problem Tony ,yeah there is a lot of room for a ****** up ,due to the front of the collar being glued and so thin ,i could see it tearing easily, still its good to know your on the case ,i know you will solve it to everyone's satisfaction in the end

no problem Tony ,yeah there is a lot of room for a ****** up ,due to the front of the collar being glued and so thin ,i could see it tearing easily, still its good to know your on the case ,i know you will solve it to everyone's satisfaction in the end

your pictures definitely helped out those who want to see how the figure look underneath. Thank you for sharing :D

Re: TonyMeis Custom DC (1/4 HT Dark Knight Cape, Custom MOS Superman Cape)

I didn't want to create any sort of disagreement.
But that's something I noticed in the movie. In some scenes the cape seems to drag in the ground. Like the scene in the picture I sent, the one in the desert with Faora.
I really liked that little detail, it gives him some sort of king atmosphere.

But like Remy said, you're the one in charge, Tony. :)

By the way, just for the record, you are right.
I just watched the special features disc last night and his cape is like you posted,
it is longer.
I stand corrected. Good eye. :duff

I just watched the special features disc last night and his cape is like you posted,
it is longer.

I personally like it a bit short but little pass the feet. Most of the scene from the movie of the cape were CG, but I base off when he walk in the police department and most of the desert scene

I personally like it a bit short but little pass the feet. Most of the scene from the movie of the cape were CG, but I base off when he walk in the police department and most of the desert scene

That sounds perfect Tony.
I just wanted to point out I stand corrected that it wasnt short as I previously thought it was cause of the picture I posted
which I didnt realize was standing at a metal post (which you did point out) so I thought that the cape didnt go pass his feet. :eek:

That sounds perfect Tony.
I just wanted to point out I stand corrected that it wasnt short as I previously thought it was cause of the picture I posted
which I didnt realize was standing at a metal post (which you did point out) so I thought that the cape didnt go pass his feet. :eek:

It's hard to say.... Because the first time he was trying to fly/jump, the cape was exactly at his feet. Even tho the cape pass his feet by a whole foot in the behind the scene footage, but in the movie, it's always at his feet or pass by a bit. Last thing I want to make Superman look is dagging bunch of fabric around like Dark Knight(in his first two film) just my personal opinion.

*most of the promo pictures cape are all at his feet as well......

Then again, longer cape does give him that superior look : )

it is longer.

Thanks, my friend! I remember when the first set pictures came out and I was really happy with his cape touching the floor.
But we're in the same boat, just wanting the best cape possible. :duff

Second MOS Superman has arrived, picture instruction of cape will be up soon today :D

Awesome looking forward to it. Hey Tony did you start shipping out the second batch of mos capes yet? Just curious.

Awesome looking forward to it. Hey Tony did you start shipping out the second batch of mos capes yet? Just curious.

The first will be going out this week, and second will be the following week : )

cape removal video coming up

For anyone interested in upgrading the cape on their Hot Toys DX09 Michael Keaton Batman 1/6th scale figure, I just posted a review at my '89 Batman fan-page showing four of the different custom capes available from the great Tony Mei. :)

Head here to see the differences in both video and pictorial format- Tony Mei 2.0, 3.0, Deluxe, & Final Version Capes for the DX09 Review

Spoiler Warning! .... My fav is the new "Final" Version-

Sallah

Back