TonyMeis 1/6 Custom Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyMeis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Love the Sideshow Vader, its one of my favorite figure of all time. The size is huge, and...... that's about it... The price was definitely very affordable, but lack of detail and effort. My girlfriend and I decide to take this badboy apart and redo as many part as possible. First is the cape, then the robe, and the gloves..... along with much more. Feel free to comment and provide better picture of the Vader for movie accuracy. Thank you and enjoy

Currently working on a custom cape for our Vader. The original cape doesn't drape down naturally.
DSC06794400x225.jpg

DSC06807640x360.jpg

DSC06808640x360.jpg

Inner Rob is being made right now. should have it done within the next few days....
DSC06811360x640.jpg

Looking forward to you and your girlfriends' progress and pic's. As the saying goes, "If you want something done right, do it yourself" :wink1:

Last edited:
Looking forward to you and your girlfriends' progress and pic's. As the saying goes, "If you want something done right, do it yourself" :wink1:

We agree with you, but also need everyone's opinion to make it right :wave:1-1:

Are you keeping it accurate to A New Hope's Vader or are you trying to make it lean towards Empire's version?

If each cape and robe are different from each movie, we'll make all of them base on what everyone desire to see. After all, Sideshow will be making a new Vader, having multiple version will also be a good thing to have.:hi5:

Have you seen Hurricane's Vader?
Probably the most accurate Vader ever created.
He sculpted an accurate helm based on the SS, but with the widows peak and other issues corrected, he also corrected the armour and made multiple upgrades including lights, brass etched inner dome workings. It was a work of art.

Have you seen Hurricane's Vader?
Probably the most accurate Vader ever created.
He sculpted an accurate helm based on the SS, but with the widows peak and other issues corrected, he also corrected the armour and made multiple upgrades including lights, brass etched inner dome workings. It was a work of art.

Yes, Hurricane's Vader is definitely one of the best there is!:clap

Vader Cape and Robe done 90%, we'll work on the rest tomorrow. How does everyone like it?

Cape cover shot
DSC06820360x640.jpg

Cape rear shot
DSC06821360x640.jpg

Cape open shot, with Robe over the armor
DSC06822360x640.jpg

Close up shot, can see the leather and chain
DSC06823360x640.jpg

close up shot
DSC06824360x640.jpg

Cape collar hidden under the Helmet neck
DSC06825360x640.jpg

without helmet shot front
DSC06826360x640.jpg

with Armor over robe
DSC06828360x640.jpg

Armor over robe rear shot
DSC06829360x640.jpg

done....
DSC06830360x640.jpg

If I may please. Should the outer cape not completely cover over the inner robes. Sorry it's tough to explain. Here are some shots from ANH:

Thanks guys, I'm not trying to be a pain really. :peace

I was just curious if the cape could be adjusted.

Thank you.

:)

It can be adjusted. The fabric has the ability to drape down well, n also has a good weight. To pose it open a bit more is possible, just pull back a bit more. The pattern degree is the same as Sideshow, I believe side show at least know the shape they should go for.

Back