Toht 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my exclusive waitlist went through, but i think i might cancel it since i dont even have indy yet. Plus right now im kinda short on the cash :(

I wonder if cancellations will be slow for this line. Unlike Hasbro maybe SideShow has a diamond in the ruff. Maybe this will become the most sought after SideShow collection. I think Toht will be the only one of his kind for a very long time. SS really gave us everything we need, and the extra Melting Head is Awesome.

Wor-gar how many Tohts are you getting? Also, How many people plan to open their exclusive version and display the mighty Ark?

Not really. We have the burned imprint, but no headpiece. We're getting the Ark yet don't get the single most important tool which revealed its location. What gives? :huh

Like ProgMatinee said, the head piece will come with Marion. However, I really think the hot poker should have come with Toht.

So when's the next announcement you think?

Belloq at the end of July
Toht at the end of November

If that holds, you think the end of February - or maybe ToyFair?

So when's the next announcement you think?

Belloq at the end of July
Toht at the end of November

If that holds, you think the end of February - or maybe ToyFair?

I hope it's that soon, but wouldn't be surprised if the next announcement wasn't until SDCC.

The head piece is coming with Marian!

That's my guess too! especially if it's 'Raven Bar' Marion.

As for 'exclusive items/environments', I'm hoping for the following:

Raven Bar Marion with medallion on chain, shot glasses, tray, money, whiskey bottles, alternate outfit - white dress -- Exclusive - Section of the Raven Bar or Well of Souls?

Desert Digger Sallah with torch, shovel, rope, monkey, Nazi Flag, staff of ra with medallion -- Exclusive - Section of the map room

SDCC Exclusive - Map-Room Indy or Ceremonial Belloq with alternate exploding head!

Dietrich would be cool too. It'd be cool to display Dietrich, Toht and Ceremonial belloq with their 'melty/exploding' heads around the Ark! :rock

That's my guess too! especially if it's 'Raven Bar' Marion.

As for 'exclusive items/environments', I'm hoping for the following:

Raven Bar Marion with medallion on chain, shot glasses, tray, money, whiskey bottles, alternate outfit - white dress -- Exclusive - Section of the Raven Bar or Well of Souls?

Desert Digger Sallah with torch, shovel, rope, monkey, Nazi Flag, staff of ra with medallion -- Exclusive - Section of the map room

SDCC Exclusive - Map-Room Indy or Ceremonial Belloq with alternate exploding head!

Dietrich would be cool too. It'd be cool to display Dietrich, Toht and Ceremonial belloq with their 'melty/exploding' heads around the Ark! :rock

That's a lot to hope for... but I'd love it too.

As Belloq showed, the environment doesn't really have to tie in with the offered character, so Marion could very well come with the Map Room floor even if she's in the bar outfit. She's connected to that floor by the headpiece...in as much that belloq is connected to the pedestal because he's waiting outside in a completely different outfit.

Map Room Indy make the most sense to go with the Map Room floor, but SS hasn't indicated that logic is necessary with the offerings yet.

And if we get the Map Room floor with Marion, then you can pretty much NOT count on Map Room Indy any longer as an offering.

I would like a Sallah too, but I doubt he made the cut of figures to be seriously considered.

Again, if we get Marion and Mola Ram... I think the line will have very little juice after that.

Marion in February.
Mola Ram at SDCC

The next figure would theoetically be in November then... and by then SS will be suffering from the cancelations of Belloq, even some Toht, perhaps poor overall sales of Marion... Mola Ram would only be as popular as though few dedicated souls left collecting the line (like me)...

So I don't see longevity here.

BTW, did anyone see those guys at "At The Movies"? One of them rated Indy 4 as his #1 pic for worst movie of 2008.

That's a lot to hope for... but I'd love it too.

As Belloq showed, the environment doesn't really have to tie in with the offered character, so Marion could very well come with the Map Room floor even if she's in the bar outfit. She's connected to that floor by the headpiece...in as much that belloq is connected to the pedestal because he's waiting outside in a completely different outfit.

Map Room Indy make the most sense to go with the Map Room floor, but SS hasn't indicated that logic is necessary with the offerings yet.

And if we get the Map Room floor with Marion, then you can pretty much NOT count on Map Room Indy any longer as an offering.

I would like a Sallah too, but I doubt he made the cut of figures to be seriously considered.

Again, if we get Marion and Mola Ram... I think the line will have very little juice after that.

Marion in February.
Mola Ram at SDCC

The next figure would theoetically be in November then... and by then SS will be suffering from the cancelations of Belloq, even some Toht, perhaps poor overall sales of Marion... Mola Ram would only be as popular as though few dedicated souls left collecting the line (like me)...

So I don't see longevity here.

Interesting thinking here Wor-Gar. I did get that custom Map-Room Indy clothing just in case...so I can make my own Map-Room Indy. I would really love for them to do a Sallah, but you could be right. Although I'm still hoping for at least the 5 from Raiders (Indy, Belloq, Toht, Marion and Sallah)

I am glad that they are doing so many Raiders figures, as that is the one that started it all and still the best of the bunch. If the line peters out by year end, let's hope we at least see the following:

Marion
Mola Ram
Henry Sr.

I am glad that they are doing so many Raiders figures, as that is the one that started it all and still the best of the bunch. If the line peters out by year end, let's hope we at least see the following:

Marion
Mola Ram
Henry Sr.

I'm curious about Henry Sr. After the difficulty with Connery on reappearing, I wonder if Lucas wants to bother including him in a line that will no doubt have very few characters. It may be LFL's way of saying "hell with you" to Connery. The 3 3/4" figs is a whole different thing -- they work on sheer volume, so anything and everything is included, plus I don't think they have to worry about likness rights the way they do with 1/6th.

My gut says: don't count on Connery.

As has been said many times here, I don't see much more beyond Marion and Mola Ram and maybe Map Room Indy. Slight chance on Spalko, only because she may have been in development before the movie came out.

I'd love to be wrong.

I hope they do a Map room Indy using Trevor's hatless sculpt, with a Map Room base as the exclusive. Beyond that I can only see a Marion, Tuxedo Indy and Mola Ram as possibles at best, although I doubt we'll actually see any of them.

I feel that only Mola Ram and Henry Sr. are the only "must-haves" left. Not much interest in Marion. She's like a Bond girl to me and they are a dime a dozen. Sure she is in half of the films, but between the choice of her and Mola Ram as figures, Mola Ram rips her heart out, catches it on fire, and eats it.

That said, if she has an amazing exclusive like Belloq or Thot, I'll get her.

I feel that only Mola Ram and Henry Sr. are the only "must-haves" left. Not much interest in Marion. She's like a Bond girl to me and they are a dime a dozen. Sure she is in half of the films, but between the choice of her and Mola Ram as figures, Mola Ram rips her heart out, catches it on fire, and eats it.

That said, if she has an amazing exclusive like Belloq or Thot, I'll get her.

I agree. You can't have an Indy "line" without Henry Sr. unless the line ends with Raiders. As far as Marion, I don't know if they'll release her. While she is a key aspect of the film, Sideshow, for one reason or another, doesn't seem to make very many female characters in the 12" category. I'd love to see her made though. I'm a little disappointed we haven't seen Sallah yet either. I almost would've preferred him to Toht....almost. Hopefully, he'll be coming with the next few 12" announcements.

Everyone knows Sideshow will inevitably quit on this line like they do everything else. Watch... Sallah will be this line's Gimli. :whip

Back