Today's SW Announcements: A Story In 3 Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also like to add...from Sideshow's questionaire from today

"On that note, please understand that the armored pieces and undersuit are not meant to be removed from this figure. Attempting to remove the armor, especially the torso pieces, will cause damage, and you’ll have to invest in some glue to make repairs! 3) We believe that Star Wars collectors will find the price very fair, and reflects the artistry and development put into the piece, while simultaneously maintaining a very reasonable price point in the market."
"

Hahaha now the armor is glued on????? Keep trying with the Sideshow is better than Medicom/Hot Toys

I think you're misreading the comment Teemu.

The glue comment isn't that the armor is glued onto the suit, the comment is that the way it'll be on the body is such that attempting to remove it, being harder, ABS plastic like HT marines, will likely break it during the process and you'll need to glue it back together.

The glue comment isn't that the armor is glued onto the suit, the comment is that the way it'll be on the body is such that attempting to remove it, being harder, ABS plastic like HT marines, will likely break it during the process and you'll need to glue it back together.

Right. In other words, it's not soft and rubbery like the armor on Hasbro and Medicom figs.

(FWIW, ABS is what most practical trooper costume armor is made of as well).

Hahaha now the armor is glued on????? Keep trying with the Sideshow is better than Medicom/Hot Toys

Might be better than the tape holding Fetts chest armor on... :monkey1
(although I do love him, please don't take him back)

I think it's time they bid a fond farewell to Medi-Star Wars. May it rest in peace ... :emperor

And I will actually disagree on that one, variety is the spice of life. And even if I don't want to plunk down $150 on a Medicom figure its nice that collectors have the option of buying through Sideshow and not pay an extra $30 for shipping.

Right. In other words, it's not soft and rubbery like the armor on Hasbro and Medicom figs.

I assume ABS is not brittle, correct? I know my rubbers, but not my plastics :lol

And I will actually disagree on that one, variety is the spice of life. And even if I don't want to plunk down $150 on a Medicom figure its nice that collectors have the option of buying through Sideshow and not pay an extra $30 for shipping.

I don't want Medicom to go away, either. In fact, I own several of their figures (including some SW ones). Just couldn't resist the easy humor with today's announcements. :monkey3

ok then, but though it sounds the armor wouldnt be as fun as the medicoms armor removing it.

I assume ABS is not brittle, correct? I know my rubbers, but not my plastics :lol

It's pretty high-impact and can take a pounding. But it's not as plyable as the soft vinyls. So if you TRY to snap it in half ABS will indeed break.

It should work just fine for these figures, though. In fact I've often wondered why no one really tried to make SW figure armor in ABS before now. It'll not only look more realistic, it will feel like the "real" stuff too... because it is. Like I said, trooper armors have been made from either ABS or high-impact styrene since the beginning. Ocassionally you will find a fiber glass suit, but that is extremely rare.

I don't want Medicom to go away, either. In fact, I own several of their figures (including some SW ones). Just couldn't resist the easy humor with today's announcements. :monkey3

I don't want them to go away either. They make some cool **** and I enjoy buying their stuff. My jokes have been at the **** talked on SS for waiting to bring out armor.

IrishJedi covered ABS...the worst place to use it is in joints.

For those that have them, Takara used ABS plastic on the Microman AvP Predators' joints...it snapped EASILY...a lot of times right out of the package.

IrishJedi covered ABS...the worst place to use it is in joints.

For those that have them, Takara used ABS plastic on the Microman AvP Predators' joints...it snapped EASILY...a lot of times right out of the package.

Which is why this armor is not meant to be removed and they said you'll need glue if you try. I'd bet it is riveted or something to the body suit.

Extra points to the first Medikid who busts out a ABS style plastic Fett comeback. Come on ... who will be first? -----> :monkey3

Ok guys, I know most of this is just good fun, but lets let the debate rest for while. I love Sideshow... I love Medicom... I love Hot Toys. They all make great figures. Can't we all just get along? :D

I'm drunk and bored in a Boston Logan Airport bar... but with my trusty laptop at hand. Therefore, behold:

ssc_clone_medi_01.jpg

ssc_clone_medi_02.jpg

ssc_clone_medi_03.jpg

My flight (finally!!) boards soon... but I will still accept tips. :monkey1

:monkey3

Dude, this was hilarious. Made my day.

I don't "Hate" the Medicom armor, but it really sucks. :lol

I just don't like armor being soft. I know that SSC will make us proud with their offerings and I cannot wait to have it in hand. The elbows won't really be a problem I don't think, if sufficient room is given to them for movement. Or if soft inner bands are used, with a hard elbow shell. It can be done, and it looks much better to me. Not to mention that it will INDEED feel like armor should. not like a marshmallow. :rolleyes:

I actually like the Medi Clones a lot, but the straps on the shoulders and knees really hinder the articulation. But they are terriffic as far as sculpt and height go. I find them o be the perfect size compared to the SSC guys, as Jango wasn't very tall to begin with. My only complaint is that the Episode II Clone should've also come with the longer blast rifle, as it's pretty much the exact same figure and price with a different head. There really coulda been a price cut there.

I actually like the Medi Clones a lot.

So do I, actually. I have the Shock Trooper and even ordered the AOTC Clone Trooper. I was just having some fun at the expense of Medicom, which some obviously took a little personally. Oh well. It's all good.

Anzik Hayes said:
But happy, fun loving dorks.

Life is good
Indeed, my friends. :duff

Life is great! :rock

Back