To stand or not that is the question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david83ec

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi freaks!

I'm wondering how many of you pose your HT figures without an stand. I'm always tempted to take off the stand anden create more dynamic poses. Any examples of your collections will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm wondering how many of you pose your HT figures without an stand. I'm always tempted to take off the stand anden create more dynamic poses. Any examples of your collections will be appreciated.

Plenty of people post their collection in the Show Your Shelves forum

So a dynamic stand is the best option for safety and display right?

Fishing line attached to a clear acrylic wall hook is what I use. Visually unobtrusive and effective when figures might be inclined to topple.

Fishing line attached to a clear acrylic wall hook is what I use. Visually unobtrusive and effective when figures might be inclined to topple.
Yes I know. My HT Thor is always tilting because of Miohomir 's weight

I like to use a stand for decorative purposes, but only include the support when I absolutely have to (for either a fragile figure Tama 3PO or one that just won't stand on it's own reliably).

I always use a stand, detolfs aren't that stable. I didn't pay all that money to have a prized figure do a face plant.

3 broken Predator legs later at $100 or more per ER visit, I'm changing all of my cabinets over this weekend. They'll all have doors now so if they do fall, they don't have far to go. The first one I forgot to put back on the stand after taking some pics. About 5 hours later I paid the price. The other two were on stands and still fell over. Unless you go the invisible support method (which I want to try inside the cabinets for some more dynamic poses), I'd keep them on stands and find something better than the stupid grundle grabbers at that.

50+ figs... Only 1 stand... on hellboy cause rumor has it he has week knees so I use it to take the weight off them. Rest are free standing, no issues for years.

Stands ruin the illusion that these are people shrunken down to a 1/6 scale. This is particularly the case because the stands vary wildly, like The Predator base next to the luke skywalker base. They remind the viewer that they figures arent real. If i have to use a stand i use the generic acrylic ones. They are clear and uniform and therefore far less conspicuous.

Back