To all Hot Toys Purple Coat Joker fans, what are your Joker plans?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here are my Purple Coat Joker plans

• Will keep my V1 and buy DX

Votes: 49 46.7%
  • Will keep my v1 and NOT buy DX

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Will sell my V1 and buy DX

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Don't have any and will only buy DX

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Don't have any and will only buy V1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't have any and will buy V1 AND DX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters
has anyone painted the V1 paint in flesh tone? that would be interesting to see what it looks like

Define crappy? is that scale? well I know about your endless colourization discussion and then there is sitting on the figure? as well as the flaps.

With futzing is looks very respectable. There is potential in the v1 coat. I never said it was perfect but it looks better than crappy. ;)

It's no longer a puffy anorak.

3369138834_7da343abbf.jpg

3369138830_eb7e3413e5.jpg

I'd define "Crappy" for the v.1 coat as:

Some people got almost black colored coats.

The coat (in general) only looks good with the undercoat removed or modded (cut up into a vest). I don't think yours is modded like that Vodoun but you'd have to admit in general MOST of the v.1 coats don't look like yours.

Wrong fabric.

Overall, it's pretty crappy.

I do admit though but mine never got like that in a day. Mine use to look as bad as everyone else's until I took all the clothes off down to the blue'ish shirt. Then pulled/futzed each part on a day to day basis pulling and clipping/temporarily holding things into shape. Most people probably couldn't be bothered with that but a goofy looking jacket for me was driving me batty.

My coat is now from futzing, no cutting, sticky tape or the water tricks.

In between times I put weights and books pressing the purple and grey coat for a day or two before I futzed and pulling the clothes into a tight position. A bit OCD? :D

I must admit I do quite find the fabric rather coarse to some degree. The thickness of those collars still irk me though.

As you can imagine how bad it looks out of the box when I got it that day. Absolutely horrid. Scary the thought that this is Harue's work commissioned by Hot Toys.

dscf3079.jpg

Was it MaulFan's that was showing up near black? I don't recall seeing these pictures of it showing near black. I do remember the talk last year though.

I'd define "Crappy" for the v.1 coat as:

Some people got almost black colored coats.

The coat (in general) only looks good with the undercoat removed or modded (cut up into a vest). I don't think yours is modded like that Vodoun but you'd have to admit in general MOST of the v.1 coats don't look like yours.

Wrong fabric.

Overall, it's pretty crappy.

Agreed, my black, shiny, red lining joker coat disappointed me from day 1. Looked nothing like what he had on screen.

I do admit though but mine never got like that in a day. Mine use to look as bad as everyone else's until I took all the clothes off down to the blue'ish shirt. Then pulled/futzed each part on a day to day basis pulling and clipping/temporarily holding things into shape. Most people probably couldn't be bothered with that but a goofy looking jacket for me was driving me batty.

My coat is now from futzing, no cutting, sticky tape or the water tricks.

In between times I put weights and books pressing the purple and grey coat for a day or two before I futzed and pulling the clothes into a tight position. A bit OCD? :D

I must admit I do quite find the fabric rather coarse to some degree. The thickness of those collars still irk me though.

As you can imagine how bad it looks out of the box when I got it that day. Absolutely horrid. Scary the thought that this is Harue's work commissioned by Hot Toys.

Was it MaulFan's that was showing up near black? I don't recall seeing these pictures of it showing near black. I do remember the talk last year though.

I agree - I think I have OCD then too. i cannot bear to see the lappel things of the coat pointing up one bit even the tinyest corner and i have to get up instantly and sort it out. i have glued and taped and soaked and book squished and everything to make his coat lie correctly over shoulders, i removed the inner grey jacket completely, pointless makes him look like the hulk. the dx jacket looks a bit bigger so it shud sit nicely. its hard to get the coat collar to stay under his hair at the back.
if im gonna pose the dx in *blow things out of proprtion pose* then ill have to keep the inner jack on for that film look which i wont like as long as the coat sits ok over the top and lappels arent six feet in the air - only if the jacket is made thinner.

Back