TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The upcoming new series left me a bit cold when I first saw their promo pic.
Then of course there was the Playmates reveals if the figures, vehicles and playsets. These took a bit of looking at, but I was very impressed with their new lair set and the tank.
Anyway, I had decided that after getting everything in the 2012 line, id admire the 2018 line from afar.
That didn’t work out too well.

34961834-F7A6-4BE4-BF92-4AE7824A0A90.jpg

The vehicles are very cool and the first impression of the figures: similar to the movie line.

When I went to comic con last year they had plenty of the cartoon turtles sets. Easy walk up. I’m going this year so I’ll buy my set. I knew I wouldn’t snag the movie figures through online sales because it’s open to non attendees. I’m sure they’ll have plenty at the show for us attendees. I’ll report back.

For those in question both Raph and Mikey can hold thier weapons on thier belts like in the Show.
237b99afbd0c28c85356ff529cc5b9c8.jpg
68db8170fa0561aadc9d199a29e39e0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don’t think they cancelled it. It just ran its course. Now we’ve got years to suffer through this horsecrap. Leo isn’t even the leader. Rumors say he earns the title, but still. It’s all just very meh sounding. It looks like a bastardization of Samurai Jack’s art style on top of that.

As for TMNT 3, it was fun as a child. I can definitely see the complaints though.

True. I guess where do you go after you destroy Earth with a black hole generator lol.

My TMNT movie/cartoon ranking.

1. TMNT movie (1990)

2. TMNT (2012) show

3. TMNT (2003) show

4. TMNT 2 (1992)

5. TMNT original cartoon

6. TMNT (Bay)

7. TMNT 2 (bay)

8. TMNT 3

I've never seen the CGI film.

I would switch 5 and 3 but otherwise solid list.

some of my NECA figures have wonky eyes. Is it still possible to get replacement heads?

Don’t think so. I bought a Kratos that had a lazy eye and no help from NECA. Amazon was nice enough to exchange it even though they didn’t have to.

The replacement was a bit better.

Most likely yes. From experience, when they make the same character but in a different scale, the 7" becomes very lackluster compared to the 1/4 format. less detail is preserved when the shrink the sculpt and usually fine details on smaller scale figures are very tricky to apply paint such as paint application on the eyes. Keep in mind it's cheap figures made in a factory with controlled budget.

That's not true at all. If anything the 7" is just as good if not better because they make corrections to either sculpt or paint. The only thing that really suffers are accessories, NECA tends to reduce them. Take for example, Superman was improved head sculpt wise. Batman, was pretty much the same minus double elbows and some accessories. The new TMNTs have added articulation.

I haven't watched a TMNT show since the original 80s cartoon, so I'm hopefully you all can help me with this question-

What are the general thoughts on the 2003 animated show vs. the 2012 one? Is one generally considered to be better than the other?

I haven't watched a TMNT show since the original 80s cartoon, so I'm hopefully you all can help me with this question-

What are the general thoughts on the 2003 animated show vs. the 2012 one? Is one generally considered to be better than the other?

Both are good. 2012 has a bit more humor, but overall, both are good. I prefer 2012, tho.

I recommend the 2012 one. The Turtles are very unique and distinct from one another and Splinter is true badass.

There is also continuity in throughout all the episodes

The early seasons of 2012 are my favourite. Lots of nods to the older movies/comics/cartoons. Lots of heart in that show. Love how they even have little tidbits of the background music from the movies blended into the score.
I sort of tapped out once time travel and space came into play but that isn't really on them, I just don't like time travel in cartoons, removes all risk.

soooo people here despise this

Rise_of_the_TMNT_Press_Art_FINAL-2000x1549.jpg

but enjoy this?

tmnt-7-22.jpg

:dunno

What’s not to get? Look at it. The 2012 show looks like an updated version of the 80s show and they look like the turtles.

Next one is micheal bay inspired tmnt with magic weapons and raph as the leader.

The jury is out on the show for now. Very happy to give it a shot.
Really enjoying the toy line. Figures are radically different to each other making them more unique . They are also, in my opinion, very interesting - and a whole lot of fun.
F8F1080E-8684-4DBD-B7AB-E676EB1377C1.jpg
Unlike any of the toy lines before, each toy figure really has its own identity, other than a colored band.

The range is shaping up with some great vehicles and pretty neat auxiliary characters.

3B157569-7FFE-4B1B-A0F7-64742B830402.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how this line evolves.

What’s not to get? Look at it. The 2012 show looks like an updated version of the 80s show and they look like the turtles.
yes i'm looking at it. the 2012 looks like some gay little pony teletubbies and is the worst and most disrespectful design i've ever seen. i've seen images and toys of other familiar characters, that's all an awful and terrible abomination. i've never watched the show itself specifically because of designs.

Back