TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have a set of bootlegs (which I hate).

You can easily identify Donatello as a bootleg as the band around his stick is grey and not white. I will definitly pic up an original release sooner or later...

Thanx for the clarification. Dissapointed that I got the bootlegs. No wonder they feel cheap.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I do have a set of bootlegs (which I hate).

You can easily identify Donatello as a bootleg as the band around his stick is grey and not white. I will definitly pic up an original release sooner or later...

Phew, went to check my Donny and the staff is white.
I also had to work the shoulders extensively on all my turtles before they would budge. Might have something to do with the way these are stored, cold warehouse?

Hey guys, can someone tell me if you've successfully removed the head of a 12" Battle Shell nick turtle?

I wanna give my Leo a transplant but don't want to blow the money and break him.

Thanks for any help!

I haven't but it looks like it will pop right off, maybe just heat the head up with a blow dryer or hot water to soften up the head:lecture

What head are you planning to put on him, very interested to see it:monkey3

Hey guys, can someone tell me if you've successfully removed the head of a 12" Battle Shell nick turtle?

I wanna give my Leo a transplant but don't want to blow the money and break him.

Thanks for any help!

You don't even need hot water. Give the head a nice little turn and it pops right off. I did it to paint all my Battle Shell heads and bodies; so they would be easier to paint.

Thanks so much everyone! Super easy, lol!

As for my plans, I'm sorry to report they are very boring. I really wanted a set of dojo turtles but don't like their outfits (especially since finding out they have to be cut to come off).
So I'm slowly just putting the dojo heads on battle shell bodies so I can have their original weapons too.

Still looking for a dojo Donatello though if anyone has seen them, I will gladly PayPal you.

California. But around here the Dojo turtles showed up before Xmas and then nothing for months. Just randomly I was able to grab a Leo and a Mikey because they're shipping mixed in with Battle Shell turtles at my TRU. But still no sign of a Donatello. :/

Anyone seen any of the most recent nick figures available in Australia?

like Casey?

pretty keen on the newest ones too
Rahzar_basic_pu1.jpg

Newtralizer_basic_pu1.jpg

Slash_basic_pu1.jpg

Attachments

• Rahzar_basic_pu1.jpg
    Rahzar_basic_pu1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 521
I haven't seen anything new in Canada for quite a while. Last wave we got were the Turtles in Training, Mousers, Rat King... that's about it. And that was around Christmas.

I received my 4 classic collection turtles today, but I think they might be bootlegs. All the shoulder joints didnt want to move. Had to use an art knife to loosen them up. Mikeys one foot keeps falling off, and some of his joints are extremely loose. Also they struggle to hold their weapons. The packaging looks legit though.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I have a set of bootlegs Turtles too. The ones I have are missing the shoulder hinges, biceps swivels, and finger articulation. If your figures are similar to mine they are probably knock offs.

The only scale Playmates works with is fitting everything in the same packaging. :( They really need to do a deluxe wave of larger figures. Leatherhead, Baxter in his robot suit, Spike and Newtralizer should all be MUCH larger than they're giving us.

I stopped collecting playmates toys a while back. The quality really is meant for kids and are just garbage these days.

Back