TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Shredder = unacceptable

Megan Fox as April = unacceptable

I can't watch the movie and pretend I don't notice White Shredder and Megan Fox. Shredder and April are extremely central characters. The people making the movie screwed up big time with those 2 characters. I don't need to know anything about the plot of the movie if I already wholeheartedly disagree with some of the casting choices. You might say, "Give them a chance. They might surprise you." But the reality is no, that has never paid off, ever. Megan has a bi7c#y face, an obnoxious nasally voice, the lazy dye job they did to her hair is horrible, and she's a bad actor. She doesn't embody anything about April. Making Shredder white is like changing the turtles into zebras. Teenage Mutant Ninja Zebras and their arch nemesis White Shredder.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Interesting.... the 11" has my attention. (that's what she said).

I just hope the movie designs are decent. The leaked descriptions have me a little....worried. I was hoping the Turtles themselves would be the saving grace of the flick.

toy wiz already seems to have the movie toys up for preorder.

https://www.toywiz.com/tmntmovie2014.html

Cheers for the link mate. :)

That said - isn't the pic bar at the top of that page.. fan art, for starters? That's a bit misleading.. :lol

Secondly, I don't feel the slightest bit interested in the figures without knowing what they LOOK LIKE! :lol

Probably because people wish that would be the look. That piece of fan art has been around for awhile now every time news of this movie comes out. Plus it's a great new modern look for the turtles without giving them clothes and stuff.

Oh I agree, that bit of fan art is awesome - I actually have the whole drawing saved in a file somewhere.

If they looked like that - sweet.

They obviously won't.. :lol

Why not just buy the 11" Nick Turtles. They represent probably the best version of the TMNT since the original comics and theres no way the new movie will come close to the same quality or treatment of the characters Nick has done.

Good point, but I am hoping these have a more weathered (can hardly say real-world in regard to TMNT) appearance.

I am loving the Classics line a lot. I've got them all so far, and hoping more will be released this year.

I never had the original party van and had debated for awhile to buy the reissue when it was first released. Never it got it then when it was $20 and certainly not getting it now at $50.

As far as the new movie goes, I agree that I am not at all a fan of a white Shredder and Megan Fox, but because I'm a huge fan of the franchise, I will certainly give it a chance and try not to listen to critics. For me, the toys are a total wait-and-see.

The playmates TMNT lines are varied in quality recently.
I've been buying up every figure they push, and the latest stuff is just so varied.
The 11" Dojo Turtles are solid, weighty, and exude quality ... Love em.
The retro classic figures are perfect. The 6 figures and the van are exactly what they were in the 80s.
The 6" Classic BB n RS get some hate, but I like em, as they display very well.
Then we get the latest Nick figures. Casey looks, wierd. Mutagen Man and Kirby Bat look like McDonald toys.. I'm not impressed with these, and have left them packaged and tucked away on the shelf.
To finish on a positive note, the mixing of 80s and 2K3 styles to create the MECK WREKERS was a great idea. I hope these sell, as I think they look really cool.

And here's the design!

ninja-turtles-mikey-costume-656.jpg

^^^^^ Avert your eyes my friends!! Look away while you still can!!! Run run run for your SHEEEEEEEEELLSSS :horror :gah:

Thing is with this picture, its a cheap child halloween costume. Will the turtles look kind of like this? Maybe, but I wouldn't judge to harshly until we see a trailer or some actual stills what they really look like.

Back