TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not just that Classics Bebop and Rocksteady are shorter than the turtles, they are physically less massive. They don't have the bulk they should have.

yup... good one fwoosh review..

ckrw.png

I just that they dont muck up the 90s turtles. In the 90s movie raph was probably the tallest while mikey being the shortest. I cant believe bebop and rocksteady are so short. Still big sellers but still

Wow, good eye...ok I take back my opinion then. They definitely could be a little taller.

Still wouldn't ever stop me from buying though. I want to support the line as much as possible, but I can see how it would turn others off

That quote from fwoosh is utter bull**** sorry... I was watching the cartoon the other day the episode where Krang gets his new body in the first season, there is a scene at the beginning that shows a side angle shot of Donatello pushing opposite Bebop a dumpster. Donatellos head goes up to about bebops belly, both were standing straight.

The problem is not that Bebop and Rocksteady are too small, the Turtles are too big. Playmates probably never had any intention of making any other figures when they first made the Turtles, so they just made them a tad over 6 inches. If they scaled Bebop and Rocksteady they would of been 7 inches and if they ever made Shredder, he would probably be 8 inches since he is taller than both Bebop and Rocksteady. Also in the Cartoon, Bebop is taller than Rocksteady.

Realistically, had they planned the line from the beginning, the Turtles should have only been like 4.5 inches.

Personally, I don't mind that they are all pretty much the same size. The vintage figures were like that too. I could understand all of the complaints if these were $250 Hot Toys figures, but they are not, they are $20 mass produced toys by Playmates based on an a 20 + year old cartoon. If someone is skipping these because of their height, honestly it's their loss.

Agree
A rhino is larger than a human, wouldn't make any sense to make a mutated rhino the same size as a person

Except he is not a mutated Rhino. He is a human that was mutated into a rhino. Under your logic, Splinter should only be 6 inches tall.

There a good point up there. If you care so much about correct scale, then you are missing out on a great set of figures.
Proportionate and realistic scaling never hurt Barbie! But that's another story.
Playmates figures, be they the classics or the current line don't follow a scale as per the show. These are toys. And they're great.

The problem is not that Bebop and Rocksteady are too small, the Turtles are too big. Playmates probably never had any intention of making any other figures when they first made the Turtles, so they just made them a tad over 6 inches. If they scaled Bebop and Rocksteady they would of been 7 inches and if they ever made Shredder, he would probably be 8 inches since he is taller than both Bebop and Rocksteady. Also in the Cartoon, Bebop is taller than Rocksteady.

Realistically, had they planned the line from the beginning, the Turtles should have only been like 4.5 inches.

Personally, I don't mind that they are all pretty much the same size. The vintage figures were like that too. I could understand all of the complaints if these were $250 Hot Toys figures, but they are not, they are $20 mass produced toys by Playmates based on an a 20 + year old cartoon. If someone is skipping these because of their height, honestly it's their loss.

Except he is not a mutated Rhino. He is a human that was mutated into a rhino. Under your logic, Splinter should only be 6 inches tall.
My logic says the mutagen took some box turtles and a rat into the size of humans
Mutagen = larger outcome
So when used on a human, outcome should be larger than a human and the turtles

Has anyone seen these in Canada yet? Not in speciality shops, but in TRU. I've been trying to pop in now and again, not finding them. I have seen them at one collector shop for $34.99 each, not paying that much

I finally got to see the Slash episode and I thought it was fantastic. I like the direction they took his relationship with Raph. One of my favorite oldschool characters that they've redone so far. Leatherhead was great too, but this new Casey Jones is way too Twilight and not enough Pyscho.

Has anyone seen these in Canada yet? Not in speciality shops, but in TRU. I've been trying to pop in now and again, not finding them. I have seen them at one collector shop for $34.99 each, not paying that much

Got mine last week at Toysrus here in Ottawa. :clap They are out there!

It's funny that, as it was in Canada that I first came across the four Classic Turtles a year and a half ago.
I hadn't seen them anywhere else at that time.

Late response, but yeah, I didn't realize BB and RS were so small comparatively! I've only seen them twice and never any turtles were left to see them beside each other.
Something made me skip them the two times and since then I haven't seen them at all.

I think I am more interested in grabbing the Dojo turtles when they are show up again after xmas, lol.

Would anyone be interested in the buying the Dojo outfits? I actually don't really like them (I know, I'm boring) I just kinda want the alternate heads. But will need an extra set of regular weapons, rofl.

I think bebop and rocksteady go great with the new turtles, in terms of size

Back