TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unnecessary clothing and various fashion accessories aside....not digging the face design either. Too humanoid. The lips...they will haunt me. Guess they're needed for lipsyncing/performance-cap purposes.

I'm still looking forward to seeing the actual movie versions in action and whatnot. I can set aside some of the obvious design missteps (even 'White Shredder') if the story is half-way decent, the FX are top notch and the action is well done/choreographed. I've never really expected the new flick to dethrone the first live action one (and I have a big soft spot for Secret of the Ooze as well). And I'm still loving the Nick toon so as long as that stay on the air my son and I will still have our Turtle fix.

And here's the design!

ninja-turtles-mikey-costume-656.jpg

This is what happens when you morph Jim Carrey's characters from The Mask & Kick*** 2 together. :lol

I'm really disturbed of the fact that the have The Mask's lips. Don't digging dat lips.
BTW guys, I currently have my classic collection turtles in box, and I want to open them, is there any way to open the blister withouth totally damaging it???
I was thinkin of cutting the bottom of the blister or something like that, please any ancient techinque will do :)

I'm surprised they haven't opened themselves yet. Those things were glued together with the weakest glue in history. Mine I got from Amazon were practically loose figures by the time they arrived.

I have mine sealed. I figure the only time you ever see them in stores is when a new wave comes out, so I think there's a good chance the value will go up over time. As long as the line stays successful that is.

Heres the 4 new 2014 Nick Lego sets. The 3 movie sets have not been shown yet.

I'll definately be picking up Karai. I was just going to get a Leatherhead on ebay or w/e but I really like the way the sub looks and may get the full set.

I hope Hot Toys picks up this license.

That would be great. I also wish the same. But seeing how other companies like ASMUS and ThreeZero are stepping up with LOTR, GoT, and Walking Dead, I wouldn't mind either of them getting the license for this. That would also guarantee that we won't be spending a grand just for the 4 turtles.

While I do think they look more samurai than ninja, I actually like this design, and Shredder too. If Hot TOys gets the license for this movie, then they better also get it for the original movie too.

I don't dislike those new turtle designs, they're just incredibly boring. I mean, they look right. They look acceptable. They don't deviate from what I perceive to be proper ninja turtles. I'm really accustomed to seeing them go through crazy redesigns (what with the toylines from the 90s, as well as various TV shows). So these new designs are fine, but boring. The tiny head + steroid body look is the least creative approach they could possibly take.

it looks like they only went that way with raph though...everyone seems to have their own body type

Back