TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got these dudes finally today :rock

cG7tE3AObHJO28uvv5Pz_xJnLihTQhEcNu6QqdYvcGk

Your image isn't showing

Having a friend go to TRU in the US tomorrow to pick up the Turtles Lair set, and at a push the buggies!! :yess:

Any good displays/dios out there ?
I got the old sewer playset for £5.00 and have Batman forever playset for £4.00 and Spiderman playset for £5 and going to make a marvel legends type display dio out of them with classics and Nick Turtles in there somewhere.

Having a friend go to TRU in the US tomorrow to pick up the Turtles Lair set, and at a push the buggies!! :yess:

Best of luck. I haven't seen one in stores for a long time. Hopefully they checked before hand to make sure they have them in stock.

I walked into TRU randomly, and saw the TMNT Classic Collection figures on sale for under $20, so just had to pick them up! They are AWESOME!!! Love the articulation :)

This image is not mine but I'm using it so people can know what I'm talking about. I got these at San Diego Comic Con a couple of years ago when TMNT Smash Up was demoed there and they gave away these prints if you won a round against other people.

I managed to get Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo. They ran out of Leonardo before I could get one. Incidentally my brother in law got Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo. So be both have an incomplete set. I'm posting this here so TMNT fans especially will see this but I'm wondering if anyone has either a Raphael or Leonardo specifically that they would want to sell or get rid of? If not I'd probably be willing to sell/trade the three I have as I don't really want them if I don't have a full set.

Again this is not my set but it is what I'm talking about:

turtlesart_zps5b512a8e.jpg

does anyone know why in the new cartoon shredder calls hamato yoshi "splinter"? was that his nickname back in japan? i thought only the turtles, april, leatherhead, and ratking new hamato yoshi is a rat called splinter. just wondering if i missed some back story or some other detail.

thats' what i thought. so "splinter" was his name back in japan now? not a huge deal i think the new cartoon is great, mostly. i hope baxter gets turned into a fly at some point and bebop & rocksteady make a cameo...

I am loving the new show.
The back story was given in th to part opener. Won't say much, as it's best to watch (available via iTunes).
Baxter never became the fly in the 2nd gen toon. He just got more and more diminished at the hands of The Shredder.
I think they will go down the route of Baxter as a tech wizard for Shredder.
Maybe get more on that tomorrow! In mean time, I've just finished the 2nd gen seasons again, and I'm watching my new 10 season DVDs in a Turtle Van set!

I am loving the new show.
The back story was given in th to part opener. Won't say much, as it's best to watch (available via iTunes).
Baxter never became the fly in the 2nd gen toon. He just got more and more diminished at the hands of The Shredder.
I think they will go down the route of Baxter as a tech wizard for Shredder.
Maybe get more on that tomorrow! In mean time, I've just finished the 2nd gen seasons again, and I'm watching my new 10 season DVDs in a Turtle Van set!

I still think Baxter will mutate eventually, it makes more sense and renews his character down the road when he starts to get boring just making the same mouser type stuff again and again. Perhaps even at the hands of a dissapointed shredder.

I also think the Kraang are actually ultroms part of a hive mind linked to one smarter one (Kraang) and will eventually get cut off from their portal and universe and get widdled down until theres only one left or something similar and we'll end up with the old school single Kraang. This would also explain why they speak the way they do and have a diminsihed intelligence, it being spread between so many in 2 universes.

But yea it doesn't hurt to change the origins just a little so they can tell differant and new stories with the characters for a few seasons and then later still go back to the classic ones too if they want.

I tried for the first time doing some dry brushing, I don't know if they just look dirty are they came out pretty good. I know they look a lot more detail than they did in the package.

sent from my R2 unit

I tried for the first time doing some dry brushing, I don't know if they just look dirty are they came out pretty good. I know they look a lot more detail than they did in the package.

sent from my R2 unit

Those look pretty good, though I'd recommend hitting them with a matte varnish spray to take down the wash shine.

Those look pretty good, though I'd recommend hitting them with a matte varnish spray to take down the wash shine.

I really didn't know what I was doing, I basically got some model paint
Put it on a brush and rubbed it all over them trying to get it in all the grooves. Some spots the paint dryed quicker and left blotches. I think they look pretty cool especially that I got buy 1 get 1 half off so I only spent like 30 dollars . I will definitely get a spray on them that would look really cool.
sent from my R2 unit

Gotta say I'm not really feeling the new Bebop and Rocksteady figures. They look nice, but they certainly differ from their cartoon looks. They look like a modern take on the classic design rather than the cartoon brought to life like the turtles did.:(

Gotta say I'm not really feeling the new Bebop and Rocksteady figures. They look nice, but they certainly differ from their cartoon looks. They look like a modern take on the classic design rather than the cartoon brought to life like the turtles did.:(

Agreed. A smaller head on Bebop and a wider-bulkier body on Rocksteady would have gone a long way imo.

Agreed. A smaller head on Bebop and a wider-bulkier body on Rocksteady would have gone a long way imo.

that's what i think of the classics turtles too. articulation is clunky and obvious and they don't really match the show very well. they are also an odd scale, kind of like those bandai thundercats. i passed on them and i'm not sure if i'll pick up bebop or rocksteady either.

i wish playmates made snakeweed and spider-bites as deluxe figures. they are way too small next to the turtles. sorry for all the complaining. i'll definitely be buying most of the tmnt nick figures, mostly villains and stuff. they are fun to customize.

Last edited:
Back