TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALSO... for those of you interested in Playmates new line of Classic figures, though we don't have any figures specifically to announce we are told that plans for a second wave are being looked at and that we should hopefully have something to show you all in February during the New York Toy Fair. So STAY TUNED!

technically speaking they said that a second wave is being looked at, doesn't mean they will actually make them. Hell I have a pile of dirty laundry that I have been looking at for days, does't mean it will get done. but the good news is that like my dirty laundry, it's being considered.

If they don't make a Classics series 2 or 3,Playmates would be foolish! I want my Classics Casey Jones!

I just want a classics Shredder and two FOOT Soldiers. How can you NOT have them? May as well throw in Krang and/or Splinter too. I have no interest in an April O'Neil though

Shredder
Bebop
Rocksteady
Krang

That is my perfect Classics wave 2

Casey, Splinter, April, and someone like a Foot Soldier,Baxter or the Rat King for series 3.

But who are we kidding, unless they keep the series 1 Turtles in ever case as refreshers, there will be Turtle variants instead of 4 new figures :(

I'm with Buttmunch on the second wave.

Anyways, in the mean time, my Fish Face, Metalhead, DogPound and the set 0f 4 11" Turtles are on order. Then, these new Turtles shown on the previous page links looks like Playmates are following the same game plan as the 80s/90s; release a few show figures and some waves of themed Turtles. As these are the Next Generation of Turtles, Maybe Playmates will do Star Trek TNG set of Turtles!! :panic:

The classics just do not stay in stock whenever TRU gets them, and even the higher prices at the comic stores around here don't seem to scare off too many people. If they continue to produce highly articulated figures with the same quality level as the first 4 turtles (wonky eyes aside) then this could become my all time favorite toy line and we could see quite a few figures. Heck, I'd even subscribe to a toy line like this, just as long as they don't use the same factory Mattel uses for MOTU classics. I don't want any reversed shoulders, or April the Ravishing Reporter with exploding crotch. :)

In other news, I just ordered the Nick TMNT sewer lair from TRU's website. I did an online health assessment (took about 15 minutes) sponsored by my insurance company and was able to choose a gift card for $75 from one of several companies they offered. TRU was on the list and I wanted the sewer so that made my choice easy. So, I just ordered the lair and my total cost after tax (shipping was free) was $31.74. :D

"..So, I just ordered the lair and my total cost after tax (shipping was free) was $31.74."

Now that's a good price!
Looks like when I get a cance to get one here, it will be in the region of $150.00 which really isnt that bad considering it's huge, and let's face it, looks really cool.

Only this time, with the removable hockey mask! Like they wre going to have the first time around.

I just want a classics Shredder and two FOOT Soldiers. How can you NOT have them? May as well throw in Krang and/or Splinter too. I have no interest in an April O'Neil though

Playmates just teased that they have " something to show to fans of the Classics line" coming soon. Bet we see a wave 2 at NYCC...

Wish i could find the rest of Wave 1

Raph and Mikey continue to elude me. My local Toys R us got more in... only has Donatello when i get there :/

Playmates just teased that they have " something to show to fans of the Classics line" coming soon. Bet we see a wave 2 at NYCC...

Wish i could find the rest of Wave 1

Raph and Mikey continue to elude me. My local Toys R us got more in... only has Donatello when i get there :/

You mean Toy Fair? NYCC is 11 months away now :lol

So glad I ordered two sets of the Classics or I would be hunting down more right now. :lol I'm certain Playmates will continue this line, how could any business in their right mind NOT make something that sells so well? It would make no fiscal sense whatsoever.

For sure agree we need a villains wave next. But I will gladly buy doubles of whatever they release. This is my favorite toy line as of this moment. I also would instantly be in for a "membership" type of deal. Maybe you guys should plaster their FB with requests for something like that.

I really hope we get a party wagon and blimp. I could die truly happy if a trench coat Ralph happened. The TMNT is a gold mine, fairly untapped in the "highly detailed/articulated" market. Really hope someone at Hot Toys get a bright idea....

companies don't like to take risks and a second wave of villains or characters that are not the turtles are seen as a risk. we all know they would sell like hot cakes, but remember that toys r us didn't wanna touch the classic turtle figs originally and they almost didn't get made. funy how things turned out.

just dropped by 401 games in case your in Toronto and they are out of Leo. only had 2 mikes left, 4 ralph's and tons of donnie.

I would love a backsterstockman

So glad I ordered two sets of the Classics or I would be hunting down more right now. :lol I'm certain Playmates will continue this line, how could any business in their right mind NOT make something that sells so well? It would make no fiscal sense whatsoever.

For sure agree we need a villains wave next. But I will gladly buy doubles of whatever they release. This is my favorite toy line as of this moment. I also would instantly be in for a "membership" type of deal. Maybe you guys should plaster their FB with requests for something like that.

I really hope we get a party wagon and blimp. I could die truly happy if a trench coat Ralph happened. The TMNT is a gold mine, fairly untapped in the "highly detailed/articulated" market. Really hope someone at Hot Toys get a bright idea....

No, no, no. I'd much rather have no more figures than have to put up with Matty like fan-created-then-corporate-mandated-forced-club-membership-or-else-the-figures-can't-be-made-type situation. Thats just a horrible, horrible idea. :monkey4

companies don't like to take risks and a second wave of villains or characters that are not the turtles are seen as a risk. we all know they would sell like hot cakes, but remember that toys r us didn't wanna touch the classic turtle figs originally and they almost didn't get made. funy how things turned out.

just dropped by 401 games in case your in Toronto and they are out of Leo. only had 2 mikes left, 4 ralph's and tons of donnie.

I would love a backsterstockman

They just didn't know the Turtle power. With the rising prices and increasing popularity of them I think the companies will have learned a lesson. Villains go hand in hand with the Turtles.

2013 RISE OF THE CLASSIC TURTLE VILLAINS! How tubular would it be if they made them in scale with the turtles? 8-9" figures?!? :rock

I still think wave 2 should be..

Casey Jones
Splinter
Shredder
Foot Soldier

these are highly more popular than Rock steady and Bebop (not that I don't want them) and would sell just as fast...

Save Wave 3 for April,RS,BB and Baxter Stockman etc

Sell krang as a deluxe set

No, no, no. I'd much rather have no more figures than have to put up with Matty like fan-created-then-corporate-mandated-forced-club-membership-or-else-the-figures-can't-be-made-type situation. Thats just a horrible, horrible idea. :monkey4

No no no, I'd rather them do something like that than nothing. You're crazy. You'd rather have no more Turtles? Pfffft. Perhaps that's the only way to get certain figures re made. Rat King being one, whom is a favorite of mine. I'm sure more than enough people would sign up for that. Imagine a re issue of the blimp. :drool

I still think wave 2 should be..

Casey Jones
Splinter
Shredder
Foot Soldier

these are highly more popular than Rock steady and Bebop (not that I don't want them) and would sell just as fast...

Save Wave 3 for April,RS,BB and Baxter Stockman etc

Sell krang as a deluxe set

That's a more realistic set list, maybe switch Krang and Casey. I could see that series happening. I would love if they kept it a straight villain wave though.

No, its not worth the hell of dealing with a situation like Matty has created. No figures are DEFINATELY better than that.

Playmates was always good to me with WoS, so I don't think they'll go pyscho and pull a Mattel. I'm sure the line will continue just like it is right now. No need to even think of stooping to Matty's practices anyway.

Back