TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a more realistic set list, maybe switch Krang and Casey. I could see that series happening. I would love if they kept it a straight villain wave though.

It all depends on how they handle the Turtles. Its like Batman. You've got to have at least 1 in every wave. If they continue to ship seires 1 along with series 2 as a refresher, we could get 4 new, non-turtle figures. If they just let series 1 die out (and thus go for crazy ebay prices once series 2 hits) then we'll end up with turtle variants. There are plenty of good variants they could use, but I'd much rather have new characters first before having to resort to unneeded variants to keep the line going. I got sick of Homer and Barts in WoS after the first 17 waves :lol

It all depends on how they handle the Turtles. Its like Batman. You've got to have at least 1 in every wave. If they continue to ship seires 1 along with series 2 as a refresher, we could get 4 new, non-turtle figures. If they just let series 1 die out (and thus go for crazy ebay prices once series 2 hits) then we'll end up with turtle variants. There are plenty of good variants they could use, but I'd much rather have new characters first before having to resort to unneeded variants to keep the line going. I got sick of Homer and Barts in WoS after the first 17 waves :lol

Of course they would have to keep pushing the Turtles onto shelves as well. They're the backbone. However, I truly believe TMNT is popular enough to release a classic "insert character here" and venture well into profit. I don't believe the Turtles HAVE to be available in market on in the series for people to snatch newer figures up. They would sell just as fast (if not faster) because of the buzz around this line. Wouldn't matter which figure, if the figure is made well. I'd be in for a monthly subscription, but I'll wait and see what Playmates has in store before I wish that. :lol

Turtle variants for the Classic line would be really agitating if they happened before new characters. Although, could you imagine Uni Monster Turtles nowadays? :rock :rock I have faith we're getting some new characters next year. They'll just keep producing the Turtles now until demand dies down, no need to make variants yet.

Classic Metalhead FTW!

No, its not worth the hell of dealing with a situation like Matty has created. No figures are DEFINATELY better than that.

Playmates was always good to me with WoS, so I don't think they'll go pyscho and pull a Mattel. I'm sure the line will continue just like it is right now. No need to even think of stooping to Matty's practices anyway.

Yeah but this is Playmates, not Mattel though. The only way something like that would happen is if the Turtles where on their last legs. Which we all know is the furthest from true. Like you say, the line SHOULD just continue right on. *Here's hoping it does*

No, no, no. I'd much rather have no more figures than have to put up with Matty like fan-created-then-corporate-mandated-forced-club-membership-or-else-the-figures-can't-be-made-type situation. Thats just a horrible, horrible idea. :monkey4

not defending Mattel here,but there is a reason for the subscription to create guaranteed sales...MOTU Classics is a very tiny,tiny,tiny,tiny,tiny,tiny line (as Toyguru calls it) and they need enough guaranteed customer sales to even go into production as there is a minimum quota that must be met to even go into production with the factory..

MOTU is a niche line and does not have the power anymore at retail,especially with no cartoon or real media or movie

Ninja Turtles on the other hand is on fire...it has a cartoon,a movie release in 2014,and the toys retailers can't keep in stock,while MOTU has no cartoon and nothing but a bunch "talk" about making a movie,but nothing really announced other than like the 5th director now attached to this film...

Factories require quotas or things will just not get made.The Subs guarantee that

ya I'm really digging the new show too, I love it when their eyes change to battle mode during fight scenes :) That's a smart way to have both the cartoon eyes and comic eyes in the same show.

-

not defending Mattel here,but there is a reason for the subscription to create guaranteed sales...MOTU Classics is a very tiny,tiny,tiny,tiny,tiny,tiny line (as Toyguru calls it) and they need enough guaranteed customer sales to even go into production as there is a minimum quota that must be met to even go into production with the factory..

MOTU is a niche line and does not have the power anymore at retail,especially with no cartoon or real media or movie

Ninja Turtles on the other hand is on fire...it has a cartoon,a movie release in 2014,and the toys retailers can't keep in stock,while MOTU has no cartoon and nothing but a bunch "talk" about making a movie,but nothing really announced other than like the 5th director now attached to this film...

Factories require quotas or things will just not get made.The Subs guarantee that

Scott should be a politician. He can lie with a straight face with the best of them. For such a "niche" line, its been too successful. They haven't ever had to cancel an item due to not enough interest. Greyskull proved that. Its all a marketing ploy. They started up MotUC without a sub, things sold out crazy fast, people got pissed. The fans demanded the sub. Mattel looked at the idea and came up with the evil system they have today. Make the collectors fear for the line's survival and make them buy EVERYTHING. Its a great trick. But MotUC is far from a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny line. Sure its not Barbie, but they're making tons more figures than Sideshow is making Environments. :lol

But yeah, TMNT does not need that kind of situation. The show is doing good (Shredder is finally a real threat) and the toys seem to be selling well - especially the classics. Whatever they have for series 2, it will sell just as well IMO.

Scott should be a politician. He can lie with a straight face with the best of them. For such a "niche" line, its been too successful. They haven't ever had to cancel an item due to not enough interest. Greyskull proved that. Its all a marketing ploy. They started up MotUC without a sub, things sold out crazy fast, people got pissed. The fans demanded the sub. Mattel looked at the idea and came up with the evil system they have today. Make the collectors fear for the line's survival and make them buy EVERYTHING. Its a great trick. But MotUC is far from a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny line. Sure its not Barbie, but they're making tons more figures than Sideshow is making Environments. :lol

But yeah, TMNT does not need that kind of situation. The show is doing good (Shredder is finally a real threat) and the toys seem to be selling well - especially the classics. Whatever they have for series 2, it will sell just as well IMO.

you are probably right on...there definitely is a sales ploy involved.I believe Grayskull was already going to be produced even without the pre-orders from fans...

as far as production goes though,it is true that to produce things from factories,you must have a "minimum order" placed...certain factories demand more production,while Mattel would uses a different factory than Sideshow which produces more...Sideshow probably uses a factory that allows to produce much less,but even Sideshow must give or meet the minimum quota from the factory they use to produce the product.

casey jones seems more like a prick just looking for trouble than being a vigilante in that movie...at least at the beginning of it

casey jones seems more like a prick just looking for trouble than being a vigilante in that movie...at least at the beginning of it

I think ya gotta kinda be to get into that linen of work in the first place. :lol

I think ya gotta kinda be to get into that linen of work in the first place. :lol

yeah,but I don't see Casey as some punk troublemaker,making trouble first and then just randomly hitting people just because he's a prick to do so...

in reality,guys like that don't last long in life...

Casey is a vigilante fighting crime,he stops the law breakers...not someone that just randomly picks fights

yeah,but I don't see Casey as some punk troublemaker,making trouble first and then just randomly hitting people just because he's a prick to do so...

in reality,guys like that don't last long in life...

Casey is a vigilante fighting crime,he stops the law breakers...not someone that just randomly picks fights

yeah but didnt he always cause trouble for the turtles as well as the foot?
I don't think in the comics they really got into his origins other than he was tired of all the crime in his town. So his fighting propensity kinda compelled him to do something about it i guess.

Last edited:
Back