TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit : Here : https://www.cooltoyreview.com/2012TF/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles/

You guys should hop on Cool Toy Review and check out the Toy Fair pics, it shows alot of what's coming. From memory were going to be seeing :

Metalhead
Leatherhead
Baxter Stockman
Some kind of Plant Villain/mutant
Another Dog? looking giant mutant

I used to live in Voorhees when I was in law school. I'm over in Monmouth county now. South Jersey had much better toy runs :gah:

I have held off on picking up the Foot soldiers - how is the articulation? It looks like they had swivel elbows and knees instead of ball-joints - is that true?

It's true except theres not even any articulation below the thigh/hip joint. Head swivels, ball shoulder and legs, swivel elbow and wrist. Most people aren't going to need more then one probably.

Last edited:
Anybody have a picture of the Neca turtes with the new playmates classics? I would love to see a comparrison shot.

Anybody have a picture of the Neca turtes with the new playmates classics? I would love to see a comparrison shot.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I should have those pics up on Friday.

Found this online, but please share your photos. The more the merrier
7660125794_1aea391d9c_o.jpg

Anyone else thinking that the new nick turtles as awesome as they are, are not representing the look of the new show? maybe in 10 or so more yrs they will make classic turtle figures that are sculpted all blocky and more accurate to what will be on screen.

pshhh I am GLAD they don't look anything like the show turtles. The bigger 6'' ones do, and MAN do I prefer the look of the new 4'' line. Its a brilliant hybridization of the old Mirage comics and the 2003 TMNT turtles.

Anyone else thinking that the new nick turtles as awesome as they are, are not representing the look of the new show? maybe in 10 or so more yrs they will make classic turtle figures that are sculpted all blocky and more accurate to what will be on screen.

That's sort of been the same formula; the 90s Turtle figures had 90s cartoon body + comicbook head. And now the 2012 nick figures have the 2012 Nick cartoon body + comicbook head. I guess its the tradition to mix the cartoon of the era with the comicbook origin. I like it and hope they continue this with all future Turtle franchise.

-

I'm going to give this show a try, just have to wear earplugs for the intro or i'll put my foot through the television. XD

So, i picked up Donnatello and Leo as i think they are the two best of the four turtles, going to pick up Ralph and Michelangelo plus Shredder this weekend then done until wave 2.

Yes, these are pretty kick ass figures, love all the detailing on each individual figure but, the classics line is much more fun to pose and will be a overall better line to collect if we get more characters down the road that recieve the same super articulation, i need a classics Shredder at least.

so8vau.jpg

14tc38h.jpg

710bcn.jpg

1p7xg1.jpg

241t2zl.jpg

Someone should repaint the 11" Turtles.

After all these awesome pics of the Nick Turtles, I've decided to go for a whole set of the 4" figures. They've grown on me a lot since I first saw them. Now I'm contemplating on the 11".

After all these awesome pics of the Nick Turtles, I've decided to go for a whole set of the 4" figures. They've grown on me a lot since I first saw them. Now I'm contemplating on the 11".

Yup, the pics here have been great. I want the 4 and 11 inch versions. I haven't seen the 11 inch versions advertised in toy sites here yet. The 4 inch set is heavily advertised for September .

Yeah there all great really but, the 11" turtles are the best imo, I'm surprised everyone is going for the small 4" ones on here being a big 1:6 collectible forum. The 11" turtles have the best paint work on them and there weapons and mikey has chain links on the numchucks to, if you like the 4" ones you will love the 11" ones for sure. I like the shell storage feature too but, the only let down is the lack of elbow articulation.

Yeah there all great really but, the 11" turtles are the best imo, I'm surprised everyone is going for the small 4" ones on here being a big 1:6 collectible forum. The 11" turtles have the best paint work on them and there weapons and mikey has chain links on the numchucks to, if you like the 4" ones you will love the 11" ones for sure. I like the shell storage feature too but, the only let down is the lack of elbow articulation.

Don't forget the shell hinge getting in the way (just a little bit) of the arm. It kinda annoys mes.

Definitely like the 4" Turtles better than the 11" but still buying the 11" Turtles for display. Not only does the lack of elbow articulation hurt, but the front shell is not soft as it is on the 4" Turtles which hinders the hip articulation as well. It's a shame the 4" turtles don't have the weapon detail of the bigger Turtles, though.

Back