TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget the shell hinge getting in the way (just a little bit) of the arm. It kinda annoys mes.

I did forget that:slap it is a bit annoying:(

Definitely like the 4" Turtles better than the 11" but still buying the 11" Turtles for display. Not only does the lack of elbow articulation hurt, but the front shell is not soft as it is on the 4" Turtles which hinders the hip articulation as well. It's a shame the 4" turtles don't have the weapon detail of the bigger Turtles, though.

They do look great on the shelf:) I get the soft shell thing but even though it gets in the way a bit It still makes more sence that its hard. I love the turtles and i'm just happy to have finally got them in my prefered scale by your milage may vary.

So I've just rewatched the first season, 5 episodes of the 80's Turtles Cartoon. Of all the 100s of episodes out there, I never realized the very first season actually had full blown origin story for all major characters, and they were really in dept too, almost feels like they're mini-movies that set up the whole TMNT universe. Pretty much everything you see in the show for the next 10 years were all explained in the very beginning, I never even realized that until I've rewatched it now...

You get to see the baby turtles eating mutagen on episode 1, watching Donatello convert April's van into the infamous Party Wagon and also building the blimp for the first time, where the turtles got their raincoat disguise that they will wear for the rest of the 10 year show, why Baxter met up with Shredder and building his army of mousers, Krang getting his android body and takes over as the boss villain, human Bebop and Rocksteady volunteers to become mutants to fight the turtles, everything is there in the first few episodes of the original cartoon...

-

Last edited:
Most excellent dude!!! Haha.
I started on s1 a few weeks back. I'm on the 2nd but last ep of s6 now.
Loving these.
I just found an on line store here that has the new 2012 Turtles (4 and 11 inch) but about twice retail prices. I sent a text earlier on, and hoping to get these real soon.

Ahhhh! :blissy

Went to pick up Hunger Games on Blu Ray and as I was walking toward the movie section... I saw something unbelievable. I mean, I literally had to do a double take and make sure I wasn't seeing things.

My phone was dead, so I couldn't take a pic of the marvelous display before me... but holy hell. I had no idea they were bringing the Turtles back so soon, especially in such style. These are as cool as the original ones were way back when. And what's more, they were only $7.77 at Walmart! I think the 3 3/4" figures, Star Wars, G.I. Joes, etc. are more expensive than that. Kind of ironic, considering back in the day it was the other way around, lol.

Anyway, I had heard a few things here and there about the Nickelodeon reboot show, but hadn't picked up on much of anything else since the first announcement, much less merchandise. After the initial amazement, I thought, "nah these probably suck anyway." But I was wrong. These things look ****ing sick. The paint is "adequate," as expected. However, the sculpting is incredible. I noticed they now have a third toe and...

35u84k.jpg

As much as I fancy the 2000 re-releases of the 1988 Turtles, the 2007 movie toys and the NECA figs, the latter two of which are happily opened and displayed, I have to say these are my favorite hands down and are getting thrown on a shelf asap.

Leo_2.jpg

Leo_1.jpg

Not my pics. Cam is dead. Moving on. These remind me so much of the original '88 toyline, it's astounding. I mean, I can still remember the days of going to the store and getting a TMNT figure for chores or grades. The nostalgia is oozing out of these things like a delicious icing filled cake. :yess:

Sadly, I could only pick up Leo, as I had food to buy as well, but I immediately ordered the rest using some spare Amazon promotional offers and even grabbed an extra Leo for my wall, as I'm not sure I can resist the megaton urge to open this little guy.

Woo hoo! I'm hoping this means the Turtles are truly back! Just wish I had a kid of my own to share it with, lol. :lol

Last edited:
So I got my order of Classics from gohastings and I really love them! But Donetello has the wonky eyes :( and whats worse I noticed after opening him that he came with a Leonardo sewer stand! :slap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I got mine from gohastings too and both Leonardo & Donatello have screwed up eyes. I'm going to exchange them.

Just got a set of Classics from a comic store for $10 each!

I am going to return my TRU set tomorrow for a refund :)

Wow what? Do they have anymore?

I bought 2, I only buy t-shirts from Last Exit to Nowhere and these occasional one offs so I like to have a back up for when they get retired.

Just checking that site out they have some real nice stuff. Love the references that are not so in your face.

Found a set of Neca Turtles in an on line store. Called the dude up, but he wasn't sure if he still ad em. He's checking today. Hope they're still there.

cplhicks you must have bought them from the silversnail. they gave %50 off to everyone who volunteered with their moving event. I got a leo and mike, later went back for another don and ralph but they were all gone. I got there faster cause I took the metro. they had 1 Leo 2 Mike's and full pegs of Ralp and Don surprised cause other places or sold out.

Thanks! Yeah, just finished 11" Don, and did 4" Mikey earlier today. Will probably do 11" Leo tomorrow, and still need to buy 11" Mikey and another 4" Don & Leo.

Back