TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to my local comic shop and they have the classic turtles there, but they were 24 bucks and labled rare:cuckoo:

My LCS had them for $19.99. I tried to be good, but I couldn't leave Leo just sitting there. :lol

I picked him up to get a review up at IAT ( https://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=19930 ), but left the rest hoping to get him cheaper. I come home, my wife says:

leo09.JPG

It worked out great though because I went back to the shop today and he'd gotten in another case! But this time a different employee had priced them at $15!

(We'll overlook that I would've saved $5 on Leo if I'd waited...)

PLaymates has stated they would continue the classics line if they sell well. and boy have they.

anyone know if toys r us canada will get any classics turtles? they are no longer listed on the site.

So far, comic stores seem to have better deals. I think TRU.ca is charging $24.99 each.

Finally got my hands on a set of basic turtles. They look great. I'm thinking of giving my colored NECA turtles the hand and feet wrap treatment now. I like that look.

35285bea.jpg

These classics figures are the shiznit.

I really hope that they continue this line after they see that the 4 turtles soold well.

I want a classics version of so many characters. I would love to have Shredder, Krang, Foot Soldiers, Bebop and Rocksteady, Wingnut, Ace Duck, Usagi Jojimbo, etc, etc.

a little disappointed about the scale with the main Nick line. even tho I keep reading they will fit in with the classic stuff form the 90's they are way smaller. the old school figs had bent legs sculpted but are bigger in size. the good part is they wont take up too much room and the price is adjusted for their size. anybody know when metal head fish-head and the dog thing come out?

Finally got my hands on a set of basic turtles. They look great. I'm thinking of giving my colored NECA turtles the hand and feet wrap treatment now. I like that look.

35285bea.jpg

Great pic SanShouXMA...now you need some bad guys to go along with your turtles!!
2012-08-03093531-picsay.jpg

35285bea.jpg

Awesome display. :clap
I think I really have to repaint the bandanas on my NECA turtles, it looks really good. I know the red ones are accurate for the style, but I grew up with the individually colored versions.

Great pic SanShouXMA...now you need some bad guys to go along with your turtles!!
2012-08-03093531-picsay.jpg

I'm thinking about doing a Shredder but I can't sculpt. That's the only problem. Where would I get a head? That's the best part of 1/6 bashing. All the parts are out there. You just need to piece them together. I'd love to take these figures apart and paint them different shades of green but I can't seem to get them apart. Anyone got any ideas?

If anybody has a neca Donatello please sell it to me!!!

Dude get the ones off of eBay. They are boot legs and cheap in price but you can't tell the difference between boot leg and counterfeit. Can you tell which set is eBay and which ones are NECA?

Awesome display. :clap
I think I really have to repaint the bandanas on my NECA turtles, it looks really good. I know the red ones are accurate for the style, but I grew up with the individually colored versions.

Thanks. I like to call that the evolution of TMNT they started out as red turtles and then got colored, and then up top is newest turtles lol. Painting the bandanas would be easier if you take the bandanas off, but I couldn't do it. Mine wouldn't come off. I wish I knew howmtomtake these apart. Someone on YouTube took them apart including the bandanas to paint them.

Also a question to all figure painters. WHAT PAINT DO YOU USE TO PAINT? I used Tamiya and they stink... You need a lot of layers with them. They leave spots that paint don't cover a lot.

I bought the full set of classics at Hastings, AMAZING. Brought back so much of my childhood.

I wasn't happy with the eyes, so I repainted Donatello's eyes black, then filled in with white. I did the same to the teeth. I feel it pays a little tribute to their classic comic look.

Here's Donatello before and after
IMG_0638.jpg

19C19C3D.jpg

I plan to do the rest, will post pics when I'm done.

Please can someone post a pic for me of an original Turtle, 2002 version, NECA version, classic and new Nick version all together so I can see how they have evlolved and sizes.

Thanks.

Please can someone post a pic for me of an original Turtle, 2002 version, NECA version, classic and new Nick version all together so I can see how they have evlolved and sizes.

Thanks.

I find these videos by PixelDan really helpful, they all have a comparison section. Skip to 16:26 to see all the turtle size comparison in one large group shot:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHhxFJwC4b4[/ame]

and in this one, starting at 5:46 for comparison of the turtles one by one next to each other, so you get a clearer picture of the size difference:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnIVagSmrR4&list=UUVcBQQ45_GYt-hqh7Th8wNA&index=2&feature=plcp[/ame]

Back