TMNT Donatello Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If possible I would test on something else first and wait for it to dry. Because what the colour looks like when dry could be very different when wet. Last thing you want is for it to either look like he has a green pimple or wart on his face

If possible I would test on something else first and wait for it to dry. Because what the colour looks like when dry could be very different when wet. Last thing you want is for it to either look like he has a green pimple or wart on his face

I was just thinking of that myself. Get the color wrong and it will look worse.

I was just thinking of that myself. Get the color wrong and it will look worse.

Well then there's take two, you could try it again :lol

I've worked with acrylic for a long time and it's pretty flexible on do overs, just do get paint thinner or anything to try and rub it clean because then you'll get all the other existing paints along with it... :horror

but yea like the others said, test pieces are the way to go.

Well then there's take two, you could try it again :lol

I've worked with acrylic for a long time and it's pretty flexible on do overs, just do get paint thinner or anything to try and rub it clean because then you'll get all the other existing paints along with it... :horror

but yea like the others said, test pieces are the way to go.

I don't and never have tried to alter or paint on my statues but wouldn't it be possible to screw up the paint that is already on there doing stuff like that if you don't know what you are doing?

Thanks everyone for all of your input. I'll be sure to test it out before actually applying it on Don. The more I look at it, I think a toothpick dab of paint should do the trick, I just need to get a color match and the right type of paint.

Any places you guys can suggest where to get the paint. I've got a Hobby Lobby and Micheal's near me. I'm hopping they have what I need.

What kind of paint would be best for something like this? There was a tiny nick on mine as well. I was thinking about matching up some games workshop/citadel paint (acrylic of course). Should work, right?

Thanks everyone for all of your input. I'll be sure to test it out before actually applying it on Don. The more I look at it, I think a toothpick dab of paint should do the trick, I just need to get a color match and the right type of paint.

Any places you guys can suggest where to get the paint. I've got a Hobby Lobby and Micheal's near me. I'm hopping they have what I need.

Yup :lecture :lecture :lecture perfect :rock

Loving this guy in my collection. Really one of the cooler things I have on display. Like everyone else, I can't wait to see all four together.

This is a fantastic line...really couldn't be happier with how Donatello turned out.

103wvav.jpg

rkq2p4.jpg

1rs11g.jpg

2elt6l4.jpg

2n1hoqr.jpg

tagdup.jpg

I still can't find my camera cord, hopefully i can switch my flash disk with someone else so they can upload them. This is def one of my favorite pieces i own, it's truly more breath-taking to see in person, pictures don't do this statue justice! i love don's pose, i can't wait to see how Leonardo turned out :banana

Oh I'd like to see the scale right next to HULK, that will give me a definitely answer on the size of these guys....

Here ya go Ski....it looks small in comparison but they're actually dead on to the scale of the comic Turtles. They were portrayed as being almost Gimli/dwarf sized.

sn2te8.jpg

That's not bad at all for the size difference, I was worried that it would be waaaay smaller than that.

Thank you for that pic, that looks awesome :rock :bow

That comparison pic looks cool

Could pose them squaring off against each other:maul
Completely unrelated characters but who cares :lol

next pic would be of Hulk on his back, owned by Donnie :monkey3

Back