TMNT Donatello Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i was on the waitlist for the ex, it converted but i cancelled because i cooled on the item despite being a TMNT cartoon fan as a kid. But months later here it is looking awesome and i've pre ordered all 3 on play.com. However now realising these guys are like 1/4 scale, makes sticking with them harder...As a collection they'll be MAHOOSIVE! Wont have the room...

I live in a flat with bugger all room as it is. When I pick these up. I'm gonna make room, even if it involves building knocking down a wall, invading neighbours flat and claiming it as my own :D

I live in a flat with bugger all room as it is. When I pick these up. I'm gonna make room, even if it involves building knocking down a wall, invading neighbours flat and claiming it as my own :D

Thats what we call dedication lol

:lol Yeah ____ it, i'm sticking with it too!:lol

Just opened mine and wow.. its fantastic! Bigger then I thought too, I did not expect him to be the same size as Tychus Findlay(not comparing bases). Sadly I did not get a comicbook, but for the first time I got a giftcard in the box! Only worth 25$, but its cool :)

Just opened mine and wow.. its fantastic! Bigger then I thought too, I did not expect him to be the same size as Tychus Findlay(not comparing bases). Sadly I did not get a comicbook, but for the first time I got a giftcard in the box! Only worth 25$, but its cool :)

You got your directly from Sideshow right?How much fees did you have to pay in NOK?I am getting mine this week.

sigh. well, now i have to decide what to do. i have the SS exclusive raphael and michelangelo confirmed. sadly, my donatello did not convert to the SS exclusive and i did not have an order in for the regular version. so, i can either buy the regular version or try to buy the SS exclusive above retail. what to do? i would much rather get all 4 SS exclusives just to know i have them. sigh...

also, does anyone here have the 4 tmnt playmates statues from a few years ago. i have all 4 of those and was just wondering about comparisons and scale. i have posted a picture below.

picture.php

If I had the other two on order for exclusive I would just take the financial hit and pick up an exclusive donnie. Otherwise it would just bug the hell out of me if I had Raph, Mike and Leo (assuming you order him on exclusive) as exclusives, and Donnie just on Regular. I would probably break down and order him at a later date any way.

Those playmates ones look pretty cool

If I had the other two on order for exclusive I would just take the financial hit and pick up an exclusive donnie. Otherwise it would just bug the hell out of me if I had Raph, Mike and Leo (assuming you order him on exclusive) as exclusives, and Donnie just on Regular. I would probably break down and order him at a later date any way.

Those playmates ones look pretty cool

exactly how i feel graywolf. having 3 EX and 1 regular would just not seem right. i would say that makes me an@l, but everyone would just giggle about that. :rolleyes:

yea, those playmates statues were a LE of 1000 and came out at about $125 a piece.

Last edited:
exactly how i feel graywolf. having 3 EX and 1 regular would just not seem right. i would say that makes me an@l, but everyone would just giggle about that. :rolleyes:

yea, those playmates statues were a LE of 1000 and came out at about $125 a piece.

I feel the same as well, but ive made the decison that i will get Leo, Donnie and Mikey EX's, and i will get the Reg. Version of ralph. I mean the EX is neat, its not really crucial IMO. To me it is not worth the money that thing will be going on the second hand market (as i was not able to jump on it when it was up for pre-order). Also, it would seem wierd that 1 out of the four turtles has something the others are missing, even though it is extremely small. Since they all would have the cartoon masks and weapons, its a-ok with me!!!!

But in regards to having 3 ex's and 1 reg (with the re. not being ralph), that would def bug the hell out of me.

A little off topis here but is anyone in here willing to sell their Playmates Donatello Statue ? any help or advise will be good . thanks !

When all is said and done, Raph will be the only turtle I have that won't be the exclusive. The exclusive title doesn't mean anything to me - I just want the colored masks.

When all is said and done, Raph will be the only turtle I have that won't be the exclusive. The exclusive title doesn't mean anything to me - I just want the colored masks.

Thats exaxtly my feelings. Even though the ralph ex is cool, im not willing to spend ebay prices for it............

I'm surprised that Sideshow didn't make the colored masks the reg. edition, and the red masks the exclusive. I bet they would've sold a lot more product that way, as most people seem to be dropping all four if they miss out on one ex...

I'm surprised that Sideshow didn't make the colored masks the reg. edition, and the red masks the exclusive. I bet they would've sold a lot more product that way, as most people seem to be dropping all four if they miss out on one ex...

$$$$$

By making the coloured masks the exclusive, it makes the exclusive that much more desirable, especially since the exclusive is that little bit more expensive. If the regular had the coloured masks I wouldnt really give that much of a rats arse about the exclusive edition. I already have the NECA figures which all have red masks and are in a style close to their first appearance so I have that representation

However if by the time I get the money, the ex's are too expensive for me then I will still get the regulars. That just me though

EDIT: Also, it may have something to do with licence type and what and how much theyre permitted to do. Thats just a guess though

Back