Tips to keeping your outdoor pets cool this summer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it all depend on the kind of dog. my friend who lives on a 5 acre acreage has a big dog named Rosco , he stays out side and runs around all day on the property and sleeps in his dog house . he sleeps in the garage during the winter time and inside when only when its really cold. again that seems like a good life to me.

round_2.jpg

lets do a real round 2. lets meet some were , fight and then ill post the video on here of me kicking your asss for all the members to see.

Its not your pet's fault you're lazy.

Wanting to keep your house clean isn't lazy. I'm a neat freak as it is.

I have always had pets at home (mostly dogs) and they always made some kind of sign (scratching, barking...) when they wanted to go out. I guess the way you educate your pet could also be related to the problem? :dunno

It's not just the using the bathroom in the house, but also what they track inside each time they go in and out. But sometimes accidents are just going to happen, where you can't get home in time or they can't hold it long enough. Blech. Maybe that's just laziness, too, though. :wink1:

TL;DR: Don't like dogs, too dirty and needy. Won't let them in my house.

I couldn't disagree more, especially with big dogs. Big dogs just don't belong in a house. They make much more of a mess and require constant clean up. I know this because I lived with two boxers for years, as well as other people I know who keep a large dog in the house are constantly cleaning up after they go in and out to use the yard as a bathroom. I could see bringing a dog inside during severe heat, cold, or storms, but otherwise my dog would be outside. They are animals, after all, and can survive outside. They require our care for food and water, definitely, but they don't necessarily require an air conditioned roof over their heads.

I have a cat named Chester who is indoors and outdoors - he comes and goes as he pleases. He will let me know when he wants to go outside, and let me know when he wants back in. In his old age, he stays in more, but when he was in his prime, he probably spent about 50/50.

Great! The best way you can disagree is to not buy an animal. Please don't! Thank you!

Love you too, Ween. :1-1:

Where I'm from, animals just belong outside. Period. That's how we were raised, unless you have some small, useless dog or declawed cat. Or a lizard or something.

Anyway, I think of my cat as my own child, I love him to death - but he goes outside if I need him to, or if he wants to. Chester kills birds, squirrels, moles, and even rabbits, and brings them to me or drops them on the doormat with pride. That's his nature, it's in his blood - even though he's "domesticated." As much as I love birds, I can't be upset with him for being what nature intended him to be, which is an awesome predator. And yes, he's gotten into his fair share of fights. But, think of it as sending your kid off to school - you can't keep them out of trouble when they're there. Can't keep an eye on them 24/7.

Keeping him cooped up in a house just seems cruel, in my opinion. Chester's been living like this for 13 years now, so I guess both he and I are doing something right! :D

Mike Vick was raised to fight dogs. Does that make it right? Dude Agen no offense, but you are gay. According to my dad and the way I was raised I should condemn you. You are a walking sin. Guess what? I think for myself and know that not to be the case. I could care less. Think outside the box and don't be so quick to judge. I'm sure your used to it and don't appreciate it either.

Great! The best way you can disagree is to not buy an animal. Please don't! Thank you!

Oh brother. You're acting like I punch and kick and starve my pet.

Mike Vick was raised to fight dogs. Does that make it right? Dude Agen no offense, but you are gay. According to my dad and the way I was raised I should condemn you. You are a walking sin. Guess what? I think for myself and know that not to be the case. I could care less. Think outside the box and don't be so quick to judge. I'm sure your used to it and don't appreciate it either.

Am I abusing animals? No. Very poor comparison. And the second part is an entirely different matter all together, but I'm glad you have the ability to think for yourself. I'm not judging you for having animals in your home, but I do not believe that's where they belong. In the same way, you're judging me for letting my cat be outdoors sometimes. Come on, man.

PS - Dog fighting being wrong is common sense. Vick new what he was doing was bad. Whoopi Goldberg stood up for him in a sense by saying it was how he was raised, but he was capable of thinking for himself. He is an animal abuser, not me.

Last edited:
Oh brother. You're acting like I punch and kick and starve my pet.

Am I abusing animals? No. Very poor comparison.

Not true in my opinion. If you buy a domesticated animal and want to leave it outside all day that sir is abuse in my opinion. You should have ZERO right to buy said animal.

And yes it is the same. It is abuse. If I mentally abuse a woman versus beat her does the mental abuse become better? Seriously! LOL! Use your head!

Back