ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattel screwed up their MOTU so badly that I have zero interest in getting this. If TMNT can't get a proper classics line running and continued to run, what chance does TCats have.

Mattel screwed up their MOTU so badly that I have zero interest in getting this. If TMNT can't get a proper classics line running and continued to run, what chance does TCats have.

Listen, Mattel has had their issues with MOTU but the Classics line is going on year 8 with well over 100 figures/vehicles/beasts, Castle Grayskull, and Snake Mountain coming soon. As a fan I can't complain about the awesome collection I have at the end of the day. They made a promise to remake all of the vintage line figures and they have come through on that and then some.

Why can't TMNT get a proper classics line? Because Playmates. 'Nuff said. They don't understand the collector market at all. The best TMNT collector products have come from third parties that understand what the older fans want and can deliver on quality and accuracy. Neither is a strong suit of Playmates and they didn't want to cater to us with sales being less stellar than their basic line.

The success of Thundercats will be determined on the outcome of the subscription sales. I think there are a lot of fringe fans of the property that haven't had anything to get excited about in a long time and have been waiting for this type of product. Whether or not they are willing to pay $25 plus tax and shipping for these figures is another story.

TMNT Classic cartoon line is coming from Figuarts/Bandai

I'm with Zodach on this one, if one recent collectors line has been successful and mostly complete is MOTUC, the only way TC will succeed is if fans buy the figures!

Pumyra and Panthro revealed!!
They are amazing!!

adee62370d6a9e7d3643d738189037db.jpg

87a156164cf4dec1344638ba4957f517.jpg

They look amazing except the head sculpts. Wow. I'm super disappointed. In the head sculpts. Nothing like the art.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm hooked. Thankfully going to buy through a friend so I don't have to deal with Digital River, which makes it easier to deal with.

sometimes i wonder why Mattel is selling their products exclusively via Matty Collectors? is the He-Man market not big enough to warrant a mass production that can be sold everywhere like Toysrus etc Worldwide, or they have no faith in themselves or they just want to make it an exclusive market?

i believe there's alot of He-Man & Ghostbusters fans out there, but they just had to make it limited & exclusive. If companies like Bandai & Playmates sell their Thundercats & Ninja Turtles to the mass market, why can't Matty and make it a pain to purchase?

Bandai sold Thundercats for a hot second and cancelled the line years ago. Not to mention we got a grand total of 4 classic figures in 2 different scales before they canned everything. Likewise, Playmates had a very short run of collector figures and they also cancelled that line. These things don't seem to work out at retail for whatever reason, but MOTU Classics is going on year 8 with approximately 150 figures/beasts/vehicles. Which would you rather have?

Yep, and it's not only Toy Companies, it's the retailers that might not be interested in these particular licenses... I rather buy on MattyCollector than having to deal with finding a figure all over town or fighting scalpers and dealing with crazy case ratios...

Well I went ahead and subbed up for one. The lower price point with fewer figures is what pushed me to get it. I'm not too fussed about the cut figures really as its truly a blessing in disguise for someone like me who has to really watch their savings and spending most of the time and if these four are as good as the pics make them to be well, then I will have no hesitation to sub up for a full year Thundercats sub in 2017.

$25 is still too high for these figures. IMO they should go no higher than $20. Also am not a fan of digital river either. The figures do look cool, and I own some of the MOTU classic figures, and they are great, but I guess just soured on the buying experience.

I just hope the quality of the thundercats figures are similar to the quality of MOTUC's first figures where we got awesome paint apps and quality plastic that were missing as the line went on. Please Mattel don't screw this up.

That's what has me on the fence as well, the first MOTUC releases compared to the end of the line were like night and day (for some figs not all). I want to know if Thundercats will be like the original MOTUC or just pick up where that line left off quality-wise

That's what has me on the fence as well, the first MOTUC releases compared to the end of the line were like night and day (for some figs not all). I want to know if Thundercats will be like the original MOTUC or just pick up where that line left off quality-wise

I say hang on to when Toyfair shows them in person in Feb and decide....

Back