ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always liked the smaller mummy version of Mumm-Ra better. It's how he appeared on the show most of the time...he only powers up at the end of the episodes for fight scenes and then loses and turns back into a mummy. I was thrilled as a kid to get the mail away version. I wonder if anyone else prefers that one over the "regular" version.

That's an interesting question. Mummy Mumm-ra is actually one of the reasons I'm seriously considering getting the sub. I never had him as a kid, but I always thought it was cool how decrepit he was. It was just a fun twist on the villain. I actually thought he was a bit more boring in his hulked-out form, although I love that design, too.

So they have canceled Grune and Jaga without giving even a notice? Thats a very bad sign...

They never even announced those figures, so why would they give notice they were "canceled"? A few toy sites leaked an internal page we were never meant to see. That's all. Since all of the figures have shifted two months back from the date on that original leak, it seems pretty cut-and-dried that Jaga and Grune will be out in January/February 2017.

Wow! BBTS had/has the sub figures up for preorder. The cheapest being at $45 and highest being at $75 for the Mumm-ra mummy exclusive. The Mumm-Ra and Lion-o figures are sold out. Regardless, the sub is the best way to go unless you only want a figure or two from this upcoming lineup.

I want to know if the paint quality is going to be like the first releases of MOTUC with the nicely done shading etc...or the later releases that seemed sloppier and with less paint apps.

Looks like the sub is back to $25, but when you check out the initial figure is listed as $30. Of course with the lack of communication there, who knows what is going on.

Mattel just can't get out of their own way sometimes. This is getting ridiculous. First they advertise $25, then $30, and now back to $25 yet the checkout is showing $30 for the non-exclusive figures. I'm so glad I haven't subscribed yet because getting this corrected by MattyCollector in September or December could be a nightmare. They really should have sorted this all out before offering the subscription. I mean they've only had 6 months since they revealed the line at SDCC. :slap

Wow! BBTS had/has the sub figures up for preorder. The cheapest being at $45 and highest being at $75 for the Mumm-ra mummy exclusive. The Mumm-Ra and Lion-o figures are sold out. Regardless, the sub is the best way to go unless you only want a figure or two from this upcoming lineup.

Told you guys

Expect ridiculous pricing on eBay

They never even announced those figures, so why would they give notice they were "canceled"? A few toy sites leaked an internal page we were never meant to see. That's all. Since all of the figures have shifted two months back from the date on that original leak, it seems pretty cut-and-dried that Jaga and Grune will be out in January/February 2017.

Or on sale at SDCC 2016 at the Mattel booth 2 months before Lion O

I can't imagine having an A-tier character as an exclusive for con

Told you guys

Expect ridiculous pricing on eBay

Lion O and Panthro sold out at $54.99

And Mumma Ra Ex sold out $69.99

... It blows my mind that the 14" Mezco Toys are 50% cheaper

If they ever make a live action Thundercats movies, I say they cast Rihanna as Lion-O and Britany as Cheetara

... I kid I kid, but it still makes a funny picture

2pyou89.jpg

For those on the fence for the subscription...

We wanted to give you an update about the new ThunderCats subscription. We’ve discovered there was an error in the intended pricing, and we’ve corrected it now. If you go toThundercats Subscription Options, you’ll see that the prices have been updated to $25 per figure in the sub, plus a $25 membership fee, for a total price of $125 (excluding tax, shipping, and handling). Additionally, the ThunderCats figures will be $30, not $35, during All Access.

For everyone who’s already purchased a sub at the higher membership price, you’ll get a $5 refund soon! (The incorrect $30 membership fee less the $5 refund = $25, the correct membership fee.) We’re also updating our systems to make sure that, come September, you’ll be charged the correct price for the individual figures.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the error, and thank you again for supporting this new subscription!

Club Third Earth Subscription: Monthly Shipment Option

Classy Mattel

----

Looking forward to SDCC 2016 and February's Toy Fair for updates / sneaks

That price is much better. I'm in for 2 subs and will go the single shipment route to save some money. Hopefully some new sculpts are shown at Toy Fair and I can't wait to see what's in store for SDCC.

So I did receive my $5 refund from Mattel, however they were in denominations of $1 sent as 5 different emails.... sometimes I wonder if the people that are running operations for these subscriptions are trained to make intelligent decisions? I mean, this whole process has seemed very unprofessional, and I just hope that by this time next year I receive my order .... it doesn't even appear under my subscription tab.

I'm so stoked to finally get some proper thundercats figures. I've been wanting these every since toybiz era marvel legends. I just hope they make all the main thundercats and mutants. I would love to see a Thundertank and a Cat's Lair.

Back