ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the 2 robes:

b96502b7d436a8aaa217a127ed881381.jpg

c225a19d4da42eb8d2c4f99fabf61412.jpg

Man, that Mumm-Ra looks phenomenal! I would kill to get cartoon-styled ARAH GI Joes done that way.

Its a matter of time I'm sure

You both bring up good points as there have been rumors of a GI Joe Black Series since the Star Wars one started. If they handled it the same way where there were only 4 per wave who do you think the first four would be? I doubt they would start with the 4 most popular out of the gate, IMO that would be Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Zartan and Destro, but maybe one and a few moderately popular characters like Gung-Ho or a Cobra Trooper.

You both bring up good points as there have been rumors of a GI Joe Black Series since the Star Wars one started. If they handled it the same way where there were only 4 per wave who do you think the first four would be? I doubt they would start with the 4 most popular out of the gate, IMO that would be Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Zartan and Destro, but maybe one and a few moderately popular characters like Gung-Ho or a Cobra Trooper.
If I were they, I would probably do something like Commando Snake Eyes, Destro (heavy hitters), Crimson Guard (army builder), and Gung Ho, Snowjob, or Barbecue or something (mid-carder Joe).

For selfish purposes, I would want Flint, Zartan, Firefly, and '85 Snake Eyes to get most of my biggest wants out of the way.

Destro
Snake Eyes
Gung-ho
Major Bludd

though, Mezco has expressed interest (Wish list) in doing 6" One:12 Collective Joes in which I would prefer more instead of Hasbro

I don't even want Hasbro to do it. Matty, in the MOTU Classics style is the only Joes I think I would care about at this point (barring a freak miracle where Hot Toys would go after cartoon or card art designs). Hasbro has given us their attempt at cartoon styles, and though nice, they weren't all they could be. I still haven't seen a Flint with a damn green shirt. Though I would be curious to see Mezco take a crack at it.

okay, who here has ordered the monthly shipping sub? I'm a bit confused. I just tried to do it and knew i'd be paying for mumm-ra and the sub at 25.00 but it says i'd be charged two 25 dollar fees. One for mumm-ra and one for the initial Lion o figure...but I thought we don't pay for Lion o until he's about to ship later this year? Emptied my cart until I find out for sure how this works. Can anybody who's done it tell me what exactly I will be charaged?

okay, who here has ordered the monthly shipping sub? I'm a bit confused. I just tried to do it and knew i'd be paying for mumm-ra and the sub at 25.00 but it says i'd be charged two 25 dollar fees. One for mumm-ra and one for the initial Lion o figure...but I thought we don't pay for Lion o until he's about to ship later this year? Emptied my cart until I find out for sure how this works. Can anybody who's done it tell me what exactly I will be charaged?

You are charged for Mumra..plus tax

Lion-o is pre-authorized plus shipping/tax....that will drop off.....you're only charge is for Mumra

Yes,DR policies has been a fail since 2008

Same here :( I just assumed they'd have something to try and push the sub. Also Mumm-Ra's hood seems different, I think the old one was better.

I hope that Mumm-Ra ends up coming with both cloaks! I'm not sure which one I want to display him with, but I love having both looks.

You always pay for the sub exclusive figure AND the first month's figure when you first sign up for a Matty sub.

Watched the walk through. Curious to what the SDCC exclusive is. Cornboy seemed pretty excited about it.

Im still on the fence about subscribing. Ive been wanting to see this happen for years but with talk about mummra not coming with one of his capes along with the other rumors Im a little scared to go for it.

I really dont know what to do. If this becomes a complete line I will be kicking myself for not getting the decrepit mummra.

Im still on the fence about subscribing. Ive been wanting to see this happen for years but with talk about mummra not coming with one of his capes along with the other rumors Im a little scared to go for it.

I really dont know what to do. If this becomes a complete line I will be kicking myself for not getting the decrepit mummra.

In the same boat as you....Mattel is typically cheapening out again with the extra Mumra robe....if they are not including it then they shouldn't be advertising it that it comes with two robes

I really don't want Pumyra and would need to sell her

Mattel did say that they have big plans for the line to continue on

Back