Statue Thundercats 1/4 Scale Statues by Popcultureshock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of those statues im gonna kick myself for not getting... darn bills anyways.. congrats as it looks awesome.

I really want to love this statue, but I have to say that the paint job looks terrible. The actual product looks nothing like what was displayed at the SDCC. It lacks a lot of detail and that Thundercats logo on the sword is completely off (looks deformed!), especially since that is what would be displayed since he's calling on the other cats. I think it is totally unacceptable on a $375+ statue. I'm glad I cancelled mine (due to production delays), or else I would have been very upset.

Decided to return mine for a refund. Look out for #7 has some small QC issues.

BTW if any one is thinking of getting The Mumm-Ra EX here in S.Cali LMK. I used some points and you will at least get it for 50 bucks cheaper, don't want to lose my NRD!!!

Decided to return mine for a refund. Look out for #7 has some small QC issues.

BTW if any one is thinking of getting The Mumm-Ra EX here in S.Cali LMK. I used some points and you will at least get it for 50 bucks cheaper, don't want to lose my NRD!!!

Having to exchange mine because of the paint or lack thereof around the left eye.

I really want to love this statue, but I have to say that the paint job looks terrible. The actual product looks nothing like what was displayed at the SDCC. It lacks a lot of detail and that Thundercats logo on the sword is completely off (looks deformed!), especially since that is what would be displayed since he's calling on the other cats. I think it is totally unacceptable on a $375+ statue. I'm glad I cancelled mine (due to production delays), or else I would have been very upset.

I really don't think it looks much different than what was shown at SDCC 2010.

Lion-O SDCC '10 Photo: No tweaks straight picture...

945858237_Z5QJp-L.jpg

In Hand No tweaks...

Lion-O-natural-L.jpg

I'm sure it's the lighting difference between the two that throws off the paint a little. Other than that I don't see any other major difference between the two.

It was this video from the SDCC '10 that convinced me to pre-order. I was impressed with the sculpt, but was just as impressed with the paint detail. Look closely at the body, nails, face and the armored glove to see painted details that are not on the actual production statue. The countless production delays got me a little nervous about this statue so I cancelled. I'm glad I did, but I admit I would pick up a regular down the road if I could find it for around $275 (shipped).

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Ma4TTx6o4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Ma4TTx6o4[/ame]

I really don't think it looks much different than what was shown at SDCC 2010.

Lion-O SDCC '10 Photo: No tweaks straight picture...

945858237_Z5QJp-L.jpg

In Hand No tweaks...

Lion-O-natural-L.jpg

I'm sure it's the lighting difference between the two that throws off the paint a little. Other than that I don't see any other major difference between the two.

I hear ya carrillj. Every collectors has his or her limitation, now it time to wait and see how the aftermarket on this piece will turn out after sold out at SSC website.

I hear ya carrillj. Every collectors has his or her limitation, now it time to wait and see how the aftermarket on this piece will turn out after sold out at SSC website.

I'm sure the exclusive will eventually sell out from Sideshow, but I think the statues popularity and aftermarket value will be determined on how well Cheetara turns out. With on going approval problems for Cheetara, that's just another reason for me to have patience and see if I want to collect this line at the end of the year. I don't think the prices will be skyrocketting anytime soon, so I have plenty of time to decide. For now I'll just stick with Marvel and DC.

Once it sells out from SS its going to skyrocket. The edition is too low not to. Plus if the movie gets made it will bring buzz to all mechandise. Same with the new cartoon. I think its a good investment piece.

I dont see Cheetara doing much for the line. They need Panthro. And if more characters come it will bring more people in.

massive.

it comes with an extra piece. The Eye of Thundera piece is suppose to light up. I just couldnt get mine to. Im sure if I pushed it in further it would light up. But I dont wanna scratch the paint.

Fairly impressed with it. Will do video review later.

#139/375

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

One thing, his sword arm seems to be slanted to the left, sword is not pointing straight up, dont remember that in the proto.

Other than that, its look good.

He looks...AWESOME!!! I won't get mines till monday since I'm all the way in NY. Just hope hope it comes with no problems.

I'm going to get mine replaced. As you can see under the left eye there is some missing paint. Other than that I'm really happy with the statue overall.

Back