Throwing away BOXES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think that being a collector meant keeping everything it came with, including the box? Rather then throwing them away why not just sell the boxes? Hell, I'm looking for a Mark IV box with it's shipper because mine got banged up so if anyone wants to sell one let me know!

I would think that being a collector meant keeping everything it came with, including the box? Rather then throwing them away why not just sell the boxes? Hell, I'm looking for a Mark IV box with it's shipper because mine got banged up so if anyone wants to sell one let me know!

I expect far fewer people are in the market for just empty boxes. Hardly worth keeping them taking up space on the offchance you have the exact box someone happens to want. I would maybe try to sell them for a limited time but then just bin them if I was getting pissed off with the real estate usage.

My friend at work that got me hooked on Hot Toys just received 3 Figures today. He has them delivered to our office. I go over to his desk and he has Loki, Barney Ross, and Agent Phil Coulson sitting there in their glory. I ask him where are the shipping boxes, he says they are in the break room next to the trash. I'm like wait here. I go to the break room and pickup all 3 boxes and take them back to my desk.

For me these are good sturdy boxes no matter what you are shipping in them. If you are like me and get bored with your collection you most likely will sell some on Ebay. I have a bunch of Transformers that are going to be up soon so I can use these boxes to ship Transformers out, or keep these boxes for other Hot Toys I buy used that don't have the original shipper.

People throw away all of their boxes? But what do you people live in?

I just recently gained a beautiful en suite bathroom thanks to my hulk maquette box.

When talking about some big statues, props, helmets and studio scales it would be very difficult to move them to another location without using the original boxes. I use my attic to store all the boxes.

Just got a Snake Eyes brown shipper box from my friend @ work. He even gave me the clear bag .....yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't keep the boxes for my little and inexpensive toys. But I have a rule that I keep the box for anything which cost at least $100. I also keep the boxes for my MOTUC figures.

It's part of the toy.. It's like throwing away one of the guns or fists.

If you're just buying your stuff to display and you don't care about selling them down the line, or keeping them in mint condition - throw them out.

I wouldn't keep any boxes for cheap American toys, if you collect those.

I'm thinking of tossing mine as well. I don't think I'll be reselling any of them. Let's see if I take the gamble once I move.

Back