Throwing away BOXES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justme

Freaked Out
Reaction score
What do you guys think...bordering on criminal or no biggie? Have two EB 1/4 coffin sized boxes...considering throwing them away but part of me is saying "are you crazy?"

Input please. :dunno

Never throw away the boxes. How are you going to ship the items (if you decide to sell them) with no boxes?

I never throw away any boxes, art box or brown shipper. Never throw them away.

Never throw away the boxes. How are you going to ship the items (if you decide to sell them) with no boxes?

tumblr_inline_mftvipyCDF1rvwdia.gif

I'm Papasmoak, and I support this quote.

It is really hard to know if you will ever need to sell.

People are OCD enough in this hobby with the silly 'the brown shipper box must be mint!' ....imagine the heads exploding if you need to sell something without the proper box :D

I'm right there with you man. For the longest I struggled with the decision to keep or rid myself of all of my 1/6 boxes. They are such beautiful pieces of art that it was real hard to part with them...

Finally I just decided to get rid of them as my current living quarters isn't spacious enough to house them all.

I'm not one to really resale figures so I knew I wouldnt be needing them for that purpose. Now all I have remaining are my DX boxes for the more "grand" figures.

But again I'm familiar with your dilemma. Just close your eyes and start tossing like I did, haha

Ummm, never throw out the boxes. Esp if you are collecting statues. they are simply too big and a hassle to find other shipping boxes. it WILL hurt the value if you dont have the original boxes should you decide to resell. also, if you every MOVE you will need the boxes as well.

Nope. I paid a lot of these, I'm keeping everything they come with.

Plus I'm not going to buy a used figure without a box. No way. Unless it's like WAYYYY below the market price.

3 reasons not too throw away boxes

1. 9 times out if 10 it's an art piece of a box like the godfather's etc.
2. How do you ship without the box?
3. The figure isn't worth as much if it doesn't have the box for example if it doesn't have a box I won't buy it.

I keep seeing people ask "but how will I ship them?".

There's this stuff called bubble wrap....

Do what you want with them. I keep all my boxes, but thats because they are useful for holding any accessories I don't use, particularly something like a Predator where there're spare mandibles and such.

I've never got the fuss about keeping brown shipper boxes either. If I get a figure that still has it, then that's great, but I'm not overly fussed if it doesn't come with one either, it's not like it's a deal breaker.

I completely understand where you are coming from...the boxes can be an eye sore...

That said...

I personally keep all my boxes...I don't plan to resell my statues but you never know what will happen 1-5-10 years down the road...

"Same theory as a condom-> I'd rather have it and not need it ... Then need it and not have it"

(Sorry couldn't resist!)

PS: some have amazing art on them and feel like its a waste if you throw it out instead of cutting up the box and framing the artwork :)

Good luck in your decision

You could also sell them.I've seen people sell them for $35-$40 a piece.

I've thought about it but certain boxes Id have a hard time getting rid of, namely the DX boxes because they're nice.

I say get rid of the boxes of the figures you know you wont let go. Like Jack Joker and Batman aren't going anywhere for me.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Back