ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead Michonne's Pet Walkers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead Rick Grimes PREVIEW P.289

Anyway, I'm not really blown away by the likeness

You're one of those in-hand people though, and it's going to look a lot better once you take photos of it. Not worried about this one at the moment, unlike the Jesse sculpt.

You're one of those in-hand people though, and it's going to look a lot better once you take photos of it. Not worried about this one at the moment, unlike the Jesse sculpt.

Jesse sculpt does look a little sketchy without the hood. I'm waiting to get Heisenberg before pre ordering Jesse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest issue with the Jesse sculpt is that the angle of the sides of his head seem reversed from reality. Paul has a slight upside down triangular shape to his head (top wider than jaw line) and the sculpt is the reverse, with the top thinner and a bigger jaw. Throws it off for me big-time. I'm still also not liking the leather jacket at all in any photo unfortunately. It's one I'll wait for until retail availability.

Liking this Rick in the promo shot however, even more than I've liked any of the first GoT or BB promos.

I think the sculpt is pretty good but it suffers from the same problem as Heisenberg - the eyes. I can't put a label on it yet but the eyes are just off somehow.

Last edited:

Im thinking they didnt do a full reveal cuz then we would start clamoring for a PO date. This just might be a bone to pacify for another 6 mos.

No, usually when they do these type of previews we get a PO real soon

Im thinking we will see a pre order pretty soon too. Heisenburg was like a day or 2 after the preview picture right? Whats everyone expecting for accessories??

The sculpt's a little meh, but will probably buy anyway.

I hope they haven't abandoned Deputy Rick.

This can't be more than $150, seeing how you can make a custom that looks just as good for about $120

Considering we've seen them working on a Bicycle Girl and Teddy Bear Girl (which I doubt ever gets released based on McFarlane's unsuccessful attempts) a deluxe Exclusive edition like John Snow is entirely possible. But yeah, unless he's got some epic accessories, he should probably be in the mid $100's.

Love that rick was announced but really want the deputy rick, IMO his most iconic look.

The previous preview showed a different bearded sculpt with a more wide eyed look. This looks great but that was the spitting image of Andrew Lincoln even from a distance.

Well, if he looks that good when finalised (in 2050) I will definitely be buying one. :)

12115855_1219756794716813_3040677848988686715_n.jpg

Well, I have to agree with the others that are lukewarm about this. I'm a big fan so my desire isn't waning. I'm still in for Gov, Shane, different looks of some main characters and most walkers that they'd probably do, but I hate to say I'm not loving their human likenesses overall.

Threezero is putting out a lot of other great stuff but I feel like they are falling more toward the SSC side of the quality spectrum than they are the HT side when it comes to human likenesses and paint quality. Even the outfits seem to be more of a B/B- level as opposed to HT's A+ (mass production) quality stuff. Tyrion turned out really well (aside from the hands) but that looks to be their stand out figure. I've yet to see another human sculpt of theirs match him in likeness and paint.

I've been waiting a while and I've been keeping optimistic but I hate to say at this point I wish someone else got this license. To me, Star Ace would be the prime candidate. Their likenesses, production paint, outfits and accessories are all riding right on the heels of HT quality. Hell, even Storm Collectibles are producing a high quality product that's also nearing HT level.

Maybe this isn't the best possible pic to go on and maybe we need to see more, but judging by the other human figs we've seen so far I think this will be right in line with that level of quality

While I really like much of the Star Ace stuff, their absolute home runs have been the exception rather than the rule. This Rick is IMO, one of the best likenesses they've shown out of the gate. And anyone who's been collecting for a while knows that stuff usually looks better in hand.

IMO, while I love Hot Toys, they don't hold a candle to Threezero, Star Ace or the customs from the talented folks on this forum and FB - in terms of creativity, variety and likeness. They're basically an assembly line now. High end for sure, but more in common with Hasbro than a piece of art. I'm still buying some of their stuff of course, but I buy stuff from a wide assortment of producers.

There are plenty of unlicensed options available to anyone who doesn't like what's coming down the pipe - let's just not discuss it in this thread.

IDK man, I'm not sure I agree. I've seen SA's stuff up close at NYCC and they have a very impressive standard of quality across the board. Maybe not every single piece is a total grand slam, but that's not the case for HT either, who I feel is still by far and wide the gold standard on the mass production level of the 1/6 game. The art is still at the root of it all. Just because they ramped up production over the last few years doesn't make them Hasbro.

I do agree that's Rick and I'm optimistic that the fig will be solid, but I think that there's a clear line between Threezero, SSC and the like when compared to HT, and that line gets more blurred when comparing SA, Storm, etc.

I thought their revised attempt at Merle was really good but most of the things that actually went up for PO aren't that same quality IMO

I find merit in both Kid's and Pix's posts. :duff

What I'd really like are some more pics of this guy.

That very much varies from figure to figure.

Just to make sure I didn't say "all figures" initially, I also wrote "usually" which in itself implies it can vary.

But, I've yet to see any figure myself that doesn't look better in hand. YMMV, but that's the case for the over 50 higher end figures I have and what I hear from most other collectors for release after release.

Back