ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead Michonne's Pet Walkers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead

Well, nothing was shown at NYCC but I did get a chance to chop it up with a rep who was super cool and was happy to share all the info he could.

According to him, the other licences that they have all have deadlines worked into the contracts, and TWD is a more open ended arrangement. So they had to tackle the more time sensitive stuff and all of this kind of got pushed to the back.

I'm not sure what his exact position is but he says he's a big 1/6 collector and has high standards, so he's always behind the scenes pushing for quality and improvements. In fact he said that Rooker was ok with their first attempt but he (the rep) was like, "nah, we can do better than this". He confirmed that S1 Sheriff Rick, Michonne, Daryl & Merle are all still confirmed and in the works, but still doesn't know in what order they'll be released, or any type of ETA's.

He also said that Well Walker is confirmed and is currently in production :rock. He said that they've kicked around ideas of Bicycle Girl and Daryl's chopper, but that was more brainstorming than anything else and isn't current slated but are still possibilities.

Well, nothing was shown at NYCC but I did get a chance to chop it up with a rep who was super cool and was happy to share all the info he could.

According to him, the other licences that they have all have deadlines worked into the contracts, and TWD is a more open ended arrangement. So they had to tackle the more time sensitive stuff and all of this kind of got pushed to the back.

I'm not sure what his exact position is but he says he's a big 1/6 collector and has high standards, so he's always behind the scenes pushing for quality and improvements. In fact he said that Rooker was ok with their first attempt but he (the rep) was like, "nah, we can do better than this". He confirmed that S1 Sheriff Rick, Michonne, Daryl & Merle are all still confirmed and in the works, but still doesn't know in what order they'll be released, or any type of ETA's.

He also said that Well Walker is confirmed and is currently in production :rock. He said that they've kicked around ideas of Bicycle Girl and Daryl's chopper, but that was more brainstorming than anything else and isn't current slated but are still possibilities.

Some awesome information right there. Thank you! I can hold off longer knowing that information. I don't want to go down the custom route for this show. Happy to hear that they are all still being planned. :rock

It was great info! Definitely recharged my pump and restored my faith in this line. I said that I'd love to see Daryl's chopper if they can produce a top shelf offering in the $200-$250 range. I think it's a great idea to tackle the more memorable walkers and I'd likely be in for most or all of them. Even a generic (and reasonable) Walker 3-pack would be cool

On another note I finally unboxed my Pets yesterday and I'm really happy with them. Overall I would put them more on SS level of quality than HT, but they aren't exactly HT prices either. I think it's mostly the jeans that I feel are a step behind HT, because the bodies, articulation and sculpts are up there, but the paint and detailing are a shade behind HT also IMO. Still look amazing and are killer on display; very nice for the MSRP but an insane steal for anyone who got lucky with that two-fer mix-up, and a total no brainer for any fan who can score them for less than retail.

One thing that I see with mine and didn't notice in anyone else's pics; my "Red Pet" has a short chain (go ahead Pixelpiper... run away with that one :lol). My "Green" guy has at least an inch of slack that lays on the floor, but "Red's" chain barley touches. Anyone else have this? Who should I contact?

Last edited:

I am extremely happy that they haven't abandoned this line; which is what I was really afraid of after not hearing or seeing anything from it for so long.

If they keep their prices down, I might have to get every main character they make. Might even pick up the pets after Michonne is released, if I can find them.

I'm a bit surprised that they want to do another zombie before Rick, or Daryl. I hope they can capitalize on this show before it's too late, but damn. We're already in season 5.

I'm a bit surprised that they want to do another zombie before Rick, or Daryl. I hope they can capitalize on this show before it's too late, but damn. We're already in season 5.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but with the lack of this type of scale figures even if the show ended I think they would still make a fortune. But seriously who's buying the new 2013 RoboCop figures I would think the walking dead being the number one show on television would be priority one

Greeeeeaaaaat another Walker before a main character?
Not too excited to hear any of this "news"
Why make Daryl's chopper when we don't even have Daryl?
Not sure ThreeZero knows what they're doing with this line.
:confused::rolleyes2:cuckoo:

The Well Warker is confirmed and is in production, but so are Merle, Daryl, Michonne & Rick. Sorry if what I said came across like the Walker is next because that's not what I meant and that's not what the rep said. Actually, he said there's nothing etched in stone about who's next and when the first release is. It's probably safe to assume that the characters who have been teased have been in the works way longer than Well Walker

We were just speaking loosely and both agreed that at this point Michonne would make the most sense, so all those who bought the pets could complete their displays. But again he said he's not sure who's first up to bat or when.

Daryl's bike was more of us just talking small talk. I said it would be cool and he said that he's already thrown the idea around. So no one get too worried... it's not confirmed :lol

And he said that the whole team is well aware of the demand. Every time they post something else on FB people tend to respond "nice... but where's the TWD stuff" (his words). The delays and prioritizing have more to do with tighter deadlines with their other licenses then not wanting to ride the hype-wave while it's hot.

Personally I agree with most here. If I were Threezero, I would have focused my energy into making the best TWD figs possible, and wouldn't have even invested any time or money whatsoever into the new Robocop line.

I can't say that I'm disappointed to hear that there interested in making walkers though. I think that those type of figures and likeness are right in this company's wheelhouse, more so than human likenesses. I saw their Ned Stark and while it definitely looks good in person, I have to say it's not really a HT level of realism. I suppose most aren't though and more fall into the SS quality category. So far only Blitzway & Enterbay have reached HT standard when it comes to realism and likeness of humans IMO

I'd happily get bicycle girl, bunny slipper zombie, zombie Sophia, RV zombie and this guy: (and any other cool looking walkers)

In fact he said that Rooker was ok with their first attempt but he (the rep) was like, "nah, we can do better than this". He confirmed that S1 Sheriff Rick, Michonne, Daryl & Merle are all still confirmed and in the works, but still doesn't know in what order they'll be released, or any type of ETA's.

I wonder if that means they have to get actor approval on each likenessed figure? That could (and usually does) slow things down a bit getting approval for each figure from different people rather than just the licensor.

I wonder if that means they have to get actor approval on each likenessed figure? That could (and usually does) slow things down a bit getting approval for each figure from different people rather than just the licensor.

Well, my question that led to his response about Rooker was, "Which actors are real pains about signing off, and which are more lax?". His response was that all the actors were pretty happy with what they saw and none had issues. It's red tape with AMC that's the hold up; not the actors. Then he told me about Rooker giving the thumbs up on the first attempt and I thought to myself, "damn!". I would not be that forgiving if I was the actor! :lol

Same subject but unrelated, the guys at Star Ace said that Oldman has been very picky with them and asked for a few revisions already. Maybe he learned from his HT fig :lol

If the actors are picky in a good way (ie know what actually looks like them and what doesn't, including idealized versions of themselves), then I'm OK with that. It means getting a better quality figure. I think Oldman being picky on Sirius was a good thing. That sculpt looks amazing! I thought HT's Gordon was great though, so maybe that set a new standard for him.

Rooker might just not care or just doesn't understand the level of detail out there. I don't think many people (let alone actors) realize things of HT quality exist for "toys." If a toy has a passing resemblance to an actor, they seem to be OK with it until they are introduced to something better.

Glad to hear the Walking Dead guys are liking everything. Not sure if AMC being picky is a good thing or a bad thing. It did make Carl lose his gun from McFarlane (the building sets version of him just has him holding a knife and flashlight even). The Pets turned out great, so I'm not worried about anything yet. Frustrated we still only have the Pets a year later, but not worried just yet.

I think your talk with them confirms they bit off more than they could chew though. They put Walking Dead on the back burner to focus on those more time sensitive licenses. They either need to back off on licenses or get more employees.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but with the lack of this type of scale figures even if the show ended I think they would still make a fortune. But seriously who's buying the new 2013 RoboCop figures I would think the walking dead being the number one show on television would be priority one

Yup you sometimes have to wonder if they realize the potential gold mine that they're sitting on. But as Pop said they have other obligations first, so I respect that. I just hope when we the ball really starts rolling the momentum doesn't let up. I think showing some more production updates would help calm the wait too. Some of those early shots of the main character sculpts looked really good (Daryl especially) and it would be great seeing some more progress. Anyways thanks for the info Pop.

Yup you sometimes have to wonder if they realize the potential gold mine that they're sitting on. But as Pop said they have other obligations first, so I respect that. I just hope when we the ball really starts rolling the momentum doesn't let up. I think showing some more production updates would help calm the wait too. Some of those early shots of the main character sculpts looked really good (Daryl especially) and it would be great seeing some more progress. Anyways thanks for the info Pop.

Watch them flood us with like 4 releases at once then we will all be crying we are broke lol

Watch them flood us with like 4 releases at once then we will all be crying we are broke lol

I'd actually be alright with that as long as they didn't have the PO go up right before Christmas like they did with the pets. They've got to make up for lost time.

Hey King did you try looking on there Facebook page for the sneak peak pictures? I think they were all posted over there first and just reposted here.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413482913.999206.jpg

If the actors are picky in a good way (ie know what actually looks like them and what doesn't, including idealized versions of themselves), then I'm OK with that. It means getting a better quality figure. I think Oldman being picky on Sirius was a good thing. That sculpt looks amazing! I thought HT's Gordon was great though, so maybe that set a new standard for him.

Rooker might just not care or just doesn't understand the level of detail out there. I don't think many people (let alone actors) realize things of HT quality exist for "toys." If a toy has a passing resemblance to an actor, they seem to be OK with it until they are introduced to something better.

Agreed. I like picky actors. Better for us :)

Also agreed about Rooker. It's most probably a mix of both. Not knowing and not giving a flying F :lol

My pleasure brother-man. I would've liked some more definite answers but I felt good after out talk :lol. It was just reassuring to hear that everything is still in the works, that they're well aware of the impatient rabid fan-base, and part of why things are taking so long.

But Jesus, hurry the hell up already!!!

I still want me a gov-ner. A set of fish tanks as part of the package or a separate release would be the cat's testicles

Does anybody have the sneak peeks ThreeZero has posted saved on harddrive? I cannot find them all. :dunno

These are the other ones on their FB page aside from the one that Lahkota posted. If I remember correctly, there were other convention pics of the 1st Merle (pre-revision). Maybe someone else has other pics handy that they can share

That Merle is so close , but I agree it need a bit more work. Some of us are spoiled with customs but with the price point of ThreeZero you can't go wrong,

I'm not sure if that is the 1st Merle or the revised sculpt. I think it may be the revised because if I remember correctly, the first attempt was way further from the mark.

Again, thanks for the info. Even if it's 2nd hand, it's better than us sitting in the dark. And agree it seems like the priorities were misplaced. Note sure if they were expected new robocop to be a barn burner or what, but why not focus on properties that are already winners?

2nd round characters: the gov, Shane, Hershel, Carl? Maybe Rambo Carol. I'm not buying any zombies (except the pets), but if I did I always thought the mud zombie that ate the gov's "daughter" was cool.

Back