Threezero The X-Files Agent Dana Scully

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
‘If you don’t call that terrible, then what is?

39B9DC98-EF44-432B-9F6D-14AB9C2F04A6.jpeg :gah:

Idk. I quite like my TZ Scully. We all have our own peculiar and particular standards.

Here is the difference back in the day that was a great figure. It was top of the line with what was expected in this scale. It was made to the highest standard of what was out there and certainly to the other figures in the line. You can call it terrible now by comparison to this new one but you are deluding yourself if you think that?s a compelling argument.

And if that thing was enough why would we be clamoring for new ones in 2019? Because the industry standard changed so much. In the mid 2000s this is what we called a good figure.

Here’s the difference in 2019 this abomination released by threezero is not even in 2019 industry standards it’s not even in the same scale as all of the other figures in threezero’s own collection if you don’t want to compare it to other companies even. In 2019 this is what we call a terrible figure.

Why is Scully's coat made from a different material than Mulder's? It feels like velvet and attracts a lot of dust specs which cannot be brushed off. You can see it in the super close-up.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

I'm thinking of commissioning a new head to replace this steaming pile of crap. Not only will this one have a better likeness it will not be 1/12 scale.

I have a top artist in mind who's commissioned some of the best female portraits which I would personally art direct... the head would cost around 100 for an unpainted cast. There would be no obligation to get it until after photos are shown and it is available for sale but I need a gage on how many people would be wanting/willing to put 100 in for an unpainted upgrade before I went down this road.

The last time I tried to get 10 people for X files portraits it was like pulling teeth and nearly killed me. So I'd need to see strong interest.

I'm on the fence about getting a new head sculpt. Wondering how much it would cost to get painted and if it'd be worth it.

This is an odd one. The figure itself looks pretty good, I liked what I saw, then I Saw them paired in a video and was like, gah, that?s off. Then I see a few smart displays and think it could still work.

On another note, Ray, so odd to see you hating on this company/these figures for three years, buy them, hate on them some more, then try and improve them...Not saying your points are necessarily wrong, just. Very odd read to go through.

Well There is not much to improve on this I’m pretty much building a new Scully from scratch because I don’t have a choice because the figure is abysmal. I will be able to get a badge or a flashlight out of this and that’s about it.

Not a lot of interest so I’ll likely just be doing a one off. I will contact those who expressed interest once I have the sculpt in hand to see if they are desperate enough to get in with me, I will split The cast and total fees on whoever would like to be on the commission. But there are only two of us on this now so it would still be a few hundred dollars if that’s the case. It gets to be about a hundred a sculpt if there like 10 guys

Last edited:
Well, Ray, for me, two things will have to be important in my decision.

-if I can afford it

-if it is substantially better than Sdabbs’ sculpt which, to me, so far has never been surpassed. It is evident though that dog ***** would surpass the threezero’s one though! :)

Well, I scooped up a ?Deluxe? from BBTS. Saw they had a few and then they got down to 2, and didn?t want to miss the trench coat. It?s pretty necessary to have it on her to bulk it out. I don?t think you can get away with this figure without it.

In fact, probably makes the coat worthless with Mulder as you don?t want him looking any bigger.

I haven?t bought anything from 3Z ever, but longtime X-Files fan that got lucky these were in stock when I got back to picking stuff up. Well, I say lucky...

Back