Threezero-The Great Wall -Commander Lin Mae(Tian Jing) 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, the people who bought this set got burned. On the in-hand actual photos and video of the shipped Lin Mae by Threezero, the head looks bloated with inferior sloppy paint work and she look like she aged another 20 years. On the videos showing the prototype, it looked very detailed, the face paint are vibrant, and she had a realistic gaze. I suspect they changed some of the material, paint, and production methods once it reached manufacturing. I'm glad I didn't preorder and would try to return this if this was what I got for my hard earned money. And Threezero are staying silent and not responding to these issues -- but they respond to everything else. BEWARE!!

I was going to repaint her face anyway. In addition, I already saw the photos from people’s unboxing and what not so I won’t be surprised if the stock face is a turd. Imo, her stock face is still a lot better than the stock Daenerys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what people do when they take pics.. but the fig looks pretty decent. Yeah not 100% proto, but show me a comp besides HT that can near match proto.

The hair is actually very easy to work with because it's very soft and thin... you don't need any product.

DSC05242.JPG
DSC05243.JPG

Last edited:
I'm cross posting from OSW. Some shots didn't turn out as well but gives you all an idea.

HS Front by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

HS Front 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

HS Side by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

HS Side 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

HS Front Angle by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

HS Front Angle 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

HS Back by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

HS Back Angle by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

HS Back Angle 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Ripped the cape off the breast plate (looks way more better for me):

Pose 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Pose 3 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Pose by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Pose 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

It does have flaws (like the body suit being sewn/glued together, no ankle movement without popping the feet, etc). But the armor suit is wow. LOL

somehow the shop where I ordered this figure kinda lost my order so they don't notice me when it has arrived, and I decided to come and ask about this figure myself, and hold and behold, I finally got the figure, so very late lmao

Kinda nervous when open it because I just saw one at Akihabara and it kinda sucks, but somehow, my figure looks good, and here are some of the pics that I took, using nothing fancy but my phone

IMG_20180607_220055.jpg IMG_20180607_220741.jpgIMG_20180607_221511.jpgIMG_20180607_223121.jpg

I think what makes the head looks bad in some of the photos is that it is kinda flat, like her eyeballs are so close to her eyelids that result in failure on making shadow on her eyes that help making her eyes look more alive

I think it's just the hair. In all the bad pics I've seen the hair is flailing out to the sides. Any pics where it's down, the figure looks fine. Not exactly proto quality either way, but way better than that mess that was Daenerys. The figure isn't bad all in all.

My only question for those who have it - How is the articulation? I've never seen her in much of a dynamic pose outside of raising an arm and one leg stepping slightly forward. Does the body suit restrict movement that much? Any answer would be appreciated!

My only question for those who have it - How is the articulation? I've never seen her in much of a dynamic pose outside of raising an arm and one leg stepping slightly forward. Does the body suit restrict movement that much? Any answer would be appreciated!

The body suit is not that restricting, even in her crotch part the material is fabric, and her waist armor made from soft plastic,
her joints are more restricting, because it's kinda stiff, but i think it's better than having a loose joints

i didn’t care for the movie but they did have some really cool armor and character design

11fd17cb25857bec5fb28a223e754c1f.jpg

She’s not great, but not extremely horrible either. Somewhere between mediocre and decent.

^looks pretty good in that pic either way

The body suit is not that restricting, even in her crotch part the material is fabric, and her waist armor made from soft plastic,
her joints are more restricting, because it's kinda stiff, but i think it's better than having a loose joints

Thanks cillaf! Exactly what I wanted to know, may just pick this figure up after all. Cheers!

Hello

I know this thread is a thoudand years old, but if anybody was wondering if this figure works for a SHI headsculpt (the one from Phicen that looks like Zhang Ziyi), here it is :

20240127_131410.jpg

20240127_131423.jpg

The skin tone is a bit different (the figure body is lighter) but it's barely noticeable

Hello

I know this thread is a thoudand years old, but if anybody was wondering if this figure works for a SHI headsculpt (the one from Phicen that looks like Zhang Ziyi), here it is :

View attachment 685775
View attachment 685776

The skin tone is a bit different (the figure body is lighter) but it's barely noticeable
Where did you get the Shi figure from and how much?

I remember looking into getting the Zhang Shi in the secondary market several years ago but it was selling for more than I was willing to pay.

I own Lin Mae too - Cool figure but the Great Wall film, not so much. :lol

Where did you get the Shi figure from and how much?

I remember looking into getting the Zhang Shi in the secondary market several years ago but it was selling for more than I was willing to pay.

I own Lin Mae too - Cool figure but the Great Wall film, not so much. :lol
I only got the head of the Shi figure, on Ebay. For maybe 60$
But it was one or 2 years ago I think. It doesn't seem easy to find now.

The Lin Mar figure is good but the head is not great. I was looking for a cool outfit for the Shi head. I think I will keep the Lin Mae head but for now I use the Shi head.

Back