Threezero - Robocop 2 - Robocain Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God DAMN :eek

OK, if I'm being even-headed the feet could do with being larger and made of metal, but maybe the former's just the camera focal length playing tricks on me.

threezero-Cain-Feet.jpg IMG_0710 by Grant Niesner, on Flickr

No trick, threezero's toes alone are way too small...

Thats all true and the toes might be inaccurate but are they going to care? i doubt it. They are designing what is one of the most complex figures to make in 1/6th scale and they have done a good job on it so far. Sure the minor details may be somewhat off and the proportions lacking but i doubt they are going to go through the process of retooling just to fix it. I can take the minor flaws because its cain and nobody has or probably nobody ever will make it(unless hot toys does) again.
In the end of the day the company is going to do whats most cost effective for it and if that means one or two details are off so be it.

Do we have a price point for it yet? I'm hoping for under 300 but I highly doubt it.

Thats all true and the toes might be inaccurate but are they going to care? i doubt it. They are designing what is one of the most complex figures to make in 1/6th scale and they have done a good job on it so far. Sure the minor details may be somewhat off and the proportions lacking but i doubt they are going to go through the process of retooling just to fix it. I can take the minor flaws because its cain and nobody has or probably nobody ever will make it(unless hot toys does) again.
In the end of the day the company is going to do whats most cost effective for it and if that means one or two details are off so be it.

The toes were just one of many examples that add up to a lot of issues and an overall "fan made" feel to it.

Sadly, you're probably correct though. What WOULD have been the most cost effective in the end (more sales and better rep for future sales) would be to do it right the first time (at no additional cost) instead of just getting it pretty close and hope no one really cares. The fact that it is so complex should demand better accuracy from the start! Oh well.

Thanks to the Toy Soul pics, I have my doubts this'll be 1/6. If HT still has the 1/6 license, I wonder if it'll **** with ThreeZero and unveil a prototype of its own.

Do we have a price point for it yet? I'm hoping for under 300 but I highly doubt it.

Yeah, it's not going to be cheaper than $300.

I doubt it too if you look at the price of their titanfall atlas its around $430. I expect this to be at the same pricepoint around $450 or so.

Yea I'm starting to realize this probably isn't going to happen for me. I'm recently divorced, just got my own place and my teenage kids moved out of their mother's place in with me. Maybe if Sideshow sells it with a payment plan of some kind but even then it's a maybe. I'm thinking this thing will just be out of my price range regardless. Would be cool if they decided to make a 1/12 version later on. I'm sure I could pick that up. Even if it doesn't have as much articulation.

If you order through Sideshow there will be a payment plan available.
A few sacrifices at the supermarket should be enough to help you out.
Goodluck.

Kinda what I'm hoping. Gotta buy furniture n such too tho. Price will determine of I can or not.

Yea I'm starting to realize this probably isn't going to happen for me. I'm recently divorced, just got my own place and my teenage kids moved out of their mother's place in with me. Maybe if Sideshow sells it with a payment plan of some kind but even then it's a maybe. I'm thinking this thing will just be out of my price range regardless. Would be cool if they decided to make a 1/12 version later on. I'm sure I could pick that up. Even if it doesn't have as much articulation.

Don't fret.

Realistically and respectfully, after the initial excitement this will be a forgettable release. Aside from the articulation there is nothing special about this piece. If you are a stop motion animator I could see the value in purchasing this piece. If not, and it will sit on your shelf for years then I say PASS.

Your money will be MUCH BETTER spent buying furniture.

Don't fret.

Realistically and respectfully, after the initial excitement this will be a forgettable release. Aside from the articulation there is nothing special about this piece. If you are a stop motion animator I could see the value in purchasing this piece. If not, and it will sit on your shelf for years then I say PASS.

Your money will be MUCH BETTER spent buying furniture.
$(KGrHqZHJDgE9dPT-UIYBPfFHOlFvw~~60_12.JPG

This piece is gonna be epic, something everyone's been waiting for. I personally can't wait for this, being one of my favourite movie villains/robots.

Back