Threezero Ghost In The Shell License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this figure in the post a few days ago, before having seen any of the in hand photos in this thread prior. The headsculpt has definitely received a downgrade from the prototypes shown, but it's really not as bad in person as it appears in photos. In trying to pinpoint what's wrong with it in comparison to the proto, there seems to be a few differences. I can't tell whether the face sculpt itself has changed, or it's bad casting, or whether the more basic paint apps just make it appear worse, but in the very least the hair sculpt is different, which in itself alters the look of the face. Besides that, the eyes seem to be a darker shade than was originally shown, and I think the key thing that throws the face off is the eyebrow paint apps. Where as the proto had them darker, and shaped giving a fairly stern impression to the Major's face, the ones on the actual figure are lighter, and in a much more neutral state.

The rest of the figure though I'm really pleased with. Despite most people seemingly being down on the military outfit, I quite like it, although articulation is severely limited with it. I did mostly get it for the street wear attire though, which is a personal favourite of mine from the movie, but I haven't had a chance yet to change the figure in to it.

Overall however it is disappointing, and I do feel a pang of regret having purchased it. This is the first 1/6 figure I've bought for probably 6 or 7 years now, solely due to me liking the movie, franchise and the look of the prototype so much. Had the figure from the start been what was in my hand now, I don't think I'd have purchased it.

I got this figure in the post a few days ago, before having seen any of the in hand photos in this thread prior. The headsculpt has definitely received a downgrade from the prototypes shown, but it's really not as bad in person as it appears in photos. In trying to pinpoint what's wrong with it in comparison to the proto, there seems to be a few differences. I can't tell whether the face sculpt itself has changed, or it's bad casting, or whether the more basic paint apps just make it appear worse, but in the very least the hair sculpt is different, which in itself alters the look of the face. Besides that, the eyes seem to be a darker shade than was originally shown, and I think the key thing that throws the face off is the eyebrow paint apps. Where as the proto had them darker, and shaped giving a fairly stern impression to the Major's face, the ones on the actual figure are lighter, and in a much more neutral state.

The rest of the figure though I'm really pleased with. Despite most people seemingly being down on the military outfit, I quite like it, although articulation is severely limited with it. I did mostly get it for the street wear attire though, which is a personal favourite of mine from the movie, but I haven't had a chance yet to change the figure in to it.

Overall however it is disappointing, and I do feel a pang of regret having purchased it. This is the first 1/6 figure I've bought for probably 6 or 7 years now, solely due to me liking the movie, franchise and the look of the prototype so much. Had the figure from the start been what was in my hand now, I don't think I'd have purchased it.

I dont feel the headsculpt is ever going to look as bad as people photograph.. no offence but the majority or peoples picture takings skills are not great for smaller scale stuff at least. Did you get any shipping notification? i ordered mine from 3zero direct in the first hour of preorder but nothing yet for me :(

I dont feel the headsculpt is ever going to look as bad as people photograph.. no offence but the majority or peoples picture takings skills are not great for smaller scale stuff at least. Did you get any shipping notification? i ordered mine from 3zero direct in the first hour of preorder but nothing yet for me :(

I tried to take some photos of mine earlier, but it just doesn't look great in them. And I ordered mine from a third party, so assumed that anyone that ordered directly from threezero would have received there's earlier than I did mine, if anything.

Here's a few photos of my figure. They're not great, and I think it looks better in hand, so I wouldn't judge the figure too much based on them. They give a rough impression though.

phJJgrT.jpg

s6rWnJa.jpg

fEYZwaA.jpg

hJpAzT0.jpg

WuiH8m5.jpg

XS61DXq.jpg

AOww4kS.jpg

I think the likeness holds up from certain angles to an extent, especially from the profile, but from straight on it's not too good. It's almost like the head is too elongated. The paint apps are also very basic looking, which gives the head a rather doll like appearance.

I think the likeness holds up from certain angle to an extent, especially from the profile, but from straight on it's not too good. It's almost like the head is too elongated. The paint apps are also very basic looking, which gives the head a rather doll like appearance.

yeah it doesnt look as bad as people are going on about, i swear it is the exact sculpt on the prototype, they just didnt show any unflattering shots below the eye line to make it look like a long face. Cant believe im still waiting for shipment though, still says processing on the website..

Just needs some skin tone and darkening features on the face..

Thanks for posting your pics, Joshy, :duff

That sucks.

I got this reply -
Dear Crys,
All Ghost in the Shell Major figures are already in the shipping process. Kindly note that the shipping process takes time, as it depends on many factors outside of our control including freight, your country's customs/duty processing, and your local postal/courier service. If you have a specific question about your order, please contact our Customer Service department ([email protected]), who can assist you directly. Thank you for your interest and support in Threezero collectible figures!

Kind of skipping the point that it hasn't even been shipped yet.. Should there be a reason at this point when it has got to suppliers in other countries weeks ago?

I got this reply -
Dear Crys,
All Ghost in the Shell Major figures are already in the shipping process. Kindly note that the shipping process takes time, as it depends on many factors outside of our control including freight, your country's customs/duty processing, and your local postal/courier service. If you have a specific question about your order, please contact our Customer Service department ([email protected]), who can assist you directly. Thank you for your interest and support in Threezero collectible figures!

Kind of skipping the point that it hasn't even been shipped yet.. Should there be a reason at this point when it has got to suppliers in other countries weeks ago?

IMO anyone who bought directly from ThreeZero should have, at the very least, received notice of pending shipment by now.

Thanks for posting their response. :duff

Last time I pre-ordered item from 3zero directly was "Power Armor T-51 Nuka Cola pack"
never received any shipment notices/email...the package just showed up all of sudden after 2 months behind the delivery schedule (Jan ~ March)
for whatever reason...their Customer Service also goes downfall as well (late reply or no reply) since this year as long as I can tell ~

I've emailed Threezero CS today at 1PM US PST, and they replied back after 6 hours. It says:

Dear Customer,

Tracking information will be provided shortly.
Best Regards,
ThreeZero CS

For some reason, every time I would email them, they'd reply back after a day. This last one was the fastest response I got from them.

Good to hear...
I couldn't careless about this piece of junk anyways and gonna sell it right away once it arrives since they don't accept the PO refund...
so Yeah **** them ~

Last edited by a moderator:
I've emailed Threezero CS today at 1PM US PST, and they replied back after 6 hours. It says:

Dear Customer,

Tracking information will be provided shortly.
Best Regards,
ThreeZero CS

For some reason, every time I would email them, they'd reply back after a day. This last one was the fastest response I got from them.

That's good to hear. Thanks for posting the information. :duff

Back