Threezero Ghost In The Shell License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isnt a poor photo issue, the face is badly painted, straight up.

threezero is notorious for cutting comers on production, the 1/12 votoms scopedog i.e. is a perfect example of that, cheap brittle plastic, metal used sparingly and no-where its actually needed. falls apart in your hand, crumbles and this thing priced at 400 dollars, so no surprise to see this fig turn out so bad production wise.

its either passable or horrible via them it seems. always wait for inhand pics with 3Z.. always! and never spend over 200 wit them cuz their products will never be worth that price due to the corner cutting.

is there a difference between 3A & Threezero?

Re: ( 2017 Movie ) Ghost In The Shell - 1/6 Major by Threezero

neck can be fixed by positioning the head slightly above. if it's those quick slide in type you can put bluetacs in the head to level the neck abit.

This right here is making questioning why i'm still in this hobby. Looks like a hasbro 6" black series head, lacks detail. It's 2018 and you would think with 3d printing you could get the head sculpt right let alone the correct scale of the body. I'm going to see if I can salvage this figure and make it at least palatable to my liking. I have that Major head sculpt from OSK to work with.

3A is Ashley Woods company. He designs most of the stuff himself. He’s pieces are produced by ThreeZero. At least that’s how I understand it.

you mean 3A produces Ashley's creation while Threezero produces licensed figures?

but i remember sometimes 3A produce licensed figures too...

are both same company & same owner?

you mean 3A produces Ashley's creation while Threezero produces licensed figures?

but i remember sometimes 3A produce licensed figures too...

are both same company & same owner?

No that’s not what I mean. Both companies are licensed only. But 3A mainly produces Ashley Woods self designed creations and some artistic interpretations that he does of licensed characters. ThreeZero has a different owner and also only do licensed figures. But, 3A figures are manufactured and distributed by ThreeZero.

How is it that retailers in america have it in stock yet ordering direct from threezero i haven't even had an email about upcoming shipment?
I decided I'm going to be delving into the world of 1/6 repainting with this figure, i think if the head is sorted it will be a perfectly fine figure. I am one of the few who seemed to liked the film so its the best related merch I'm going to get for it 😆

If it is the height claimed by threezero on the site then it is accurate to onesixth, but most clothes/bodies are made to closer fit the body type hot toys use, will have to wait until it arrives. Someone on instagram posted a repaint, by the same guy who took the scaling picture i believe, the sculpt is there but the paint app is not
View attachment 413046

What is the IG account with the repainted HS. Would like to see it.

agito_ho_chi_hung that picture is taken right from instagram, there are no other pics or close ups that i've found

Thanks, IG has been F-ed up all day but I saw the page. Well, I PO this when it first popped up on 3Z and i'm going to stick with it and see if I can salvage it into something I can live with.

Mine arrived today , I was quite shocked at just how poor the entire set is. I will try to make a custom of some sort but will not be displaying it as is

Sculptomotoys posted these on instagram, its passable IMG_20180613_020713.jpg

The rage has gone down a bit, those are better pictures. My brother is fairly confident the sculpt will be simple to touch up paint wise.

Back