ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question about these. What is everyone's opinion on the current prices of Ned, Tyrion and Jon? Do you guys think they will come down in price? The current sellers market for them is insane!

I have a question about these. What is everyone's opinion on the current prices of Ned, Tyrion and Jon? Do you guys think they will come down in price? The current sellers market for them is insane!

I'm in the market for a Jon and Tyrion but the Ebay prices are absurd. Hopefully ThreeZero will do a second run or at least a later version of the characters.

Unless they do an alternate/updated version of the characters or enough time passes that people don't care about this line anymore I would think prices will be pretty high at least the next few years while this show is hot.

I'm just happy I got into this line before Jon came out. Was able to get both of those guys for $100 each and a Ned on clearance at Tradesmart for $110. I couldn't imagine paying $300-500 for these guys.

I believe the prices are considerably less if you just want non-EX versions.

I picked up both the non-EX Tyrion and Ned a couple years ago on Ebay for a reasonable price (around MSRP). Ned did not include the EX Ice sword, so I followed other collectors' advice and got a comparable (although slightly out of scale) HBO licensed Ice letter opener - it was probably less than $10.

Somehow I missed The Hound last year so I'm in the market for the EX version.

Any version of Jon is crazy expensive at the moment and Tyrion has gone a similar way. Ned is not quite up there yet though.

That's because Ed was just recently restocked by seller on... Amazon maybe? I don't quite remember; however, they were selling him at a pretty low price and it sort of drove aftermarket Ned prices down for a little bit but they are starting to climb again. This happened around the start of summer I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's because Ed was just recently restocked by seller on... Amazon maybe? I don't quite remember; however, they were selling him at a pretty low price and it sort of drove aftermarket Ned prices down for a little bit but they are starting to climb again. This happened around the start of summer I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is some good knowledge haha! This line has become very popular and scalpers dream come true.

Threezero should strike whilst the iron is hot and get some more figures out. They developed a brand new body for Tyrion - why not relase a season 6/7 bearded version to recoup some of their development costs? A king in the north John Snow would also be very well received.

I personally think they could do four or five figures a year and the demand would be there. Given how popular the show is right now, and going into the final season. But they just don't seem to have the capacity to speed up their process. Whether that's because of design or factory logistics or possibly actor or licensor approval lag time, who knows. But I think a lot of us would be happier if they increased or even doubled their output on this line.

I personally think they could do four or five figures a year and the demand would be there. Given how popular the show is right now, and going into the final season. But they just don't seem to have the capacity to speed up their process. Whether that's because of design or factory logistics or possibly actor or licensor approval lag time, who knows. But I think a lot of us would be happier if they increased or even doubled their output on this line.

I would definitely be happier (my wife ... not so much haha)! I do agree with everything you have said ... since season 6 aired last year the demand for these figures has skyrocketed and now with season 7 just gone we have seen practically all of the Jon Snows dry up (I got in late for Jon and had to source one from a random shop in France after A LOT of searching).

ThreeZero has been similarly slow with releasing their Walking Dead figures too.... they'll also release less in-demand characters first (like Merle) before the more popular WD characters (Daryl, Maggie, Glenn).

I hope they at least get to Arya before this figure line ends... Once the main GOT show is over, I wonder if another company will eventually pick up the GOT license or if ThreeZero will continue producing figures.

I highly doubt ThreeZero will ever get to producing some of the mid-level supporting GOT characters so I ended up getting figures like Sansa and Jorah from custom figure makers.

ThreeZero has been similarly slow with releasing their Walking Dead figures too.... they'll also release less in-demand characters first (like Merle) before the more popular WD characters (Daryl, Maggie, Glenn).

I hope they at least get to Arya before this figure line ends... Once the main GOT show is over, I wonder if another company will eventually pick up the GOT license or if ThreeZero will continue producing figures.

I highly doubt ThreeZero will ever get to producing some of the mid-level supporting GOT characters so I ended up getting figures like Sansa and Jorah from custom figure makers.

Nice, any pictures of your custom ones?

I don't have my own personal pics on-hand but these are the pics direct from the guy's website (in Taiwan) who produces/paints the sculpts and outsources the tailored outfits. You've probably seen these at some point.

I bought the Jorah, Sansa and Danny. For Danny, I ended up replacing the body with a Hot Toys Ada Wong. ThreeZero eventually announced their own Danny several months after I bought this custom figure - but I've been able to enjoy the Mother of Dragons sitting on a third party 1:6 Iron Throne for a couple years now. So I'm OK with that.

The figures are a little pricey but then again, what custom project is not expensive. You can see his work here.

https://www.sculpt4ever.com/display/products

Attachments

• Jorah.jpg
    Jorah.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Sansa.jpg
    Sansa.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 123

Actually, I did find one of my own pictures of Danny on the Iron Throne from a couple years ago (before Jamie, Sansa and Jorah arrived):

Attachments

• Game of Thrones 1.jpg
    Game of Thrones 1.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 125

With the exception of the exclusives, almost every release in this line has followed this pattern:

Figure is released, sculpt is almost universally disliked (personally I think this is due to sub par factory paint app, not the underlying sculpt)

Figure is a shelf warmer and eventually gets sold off at below retail prices (this is how I picked up Jon).

After all the cheap figures dry up, interest is renewed because people post their great deals and custom repaints and, guess what, "that sculpt isn't that bad after all."

Everybody goes looking for the earlier figures, which are now climbing in price because of the renewed interest and stock is drying up. (This is why I don't have Ned or Tyrion. I picked up Jon on a whim and when I looked int to the others, the prices had already skyrocketed.)

So, there is kind of a "golden window of opportunity" when you could pick them up for a good price, but it doesn't stay open forever.

I don't have my own personal pics on-hand but these are the pics direct from the guy's website (in Taiwan) who produces/paints the sculpts and outsources the tailored outfits. You've probably seen these at some point.

I bought the Jorah, Sansa and Danny. For Danny, I ended up replacing the body with a Hot Toys Ada Wong. ThreeZero eventually announced their own Danny several months after I bought this custom figure - but I've been able to enjoy the Mother of Dragons sitting on a third party 1:6 Iron Throne for a couple years now. So I'm OK with that.

The figures are a little pricey but then again, what custom project is not expensive. You can see his work here.

https://www.sculpt4ever.com/display/products

Wow that custom Jorah looks excellent. Thanks for the link. I'll check these out.

I don't think there's other line with so many people regretting not jumping into it earlier than this one. Back when it started I was surprised not many collector's were interested in the line given that it's based on one of the best stories of our time.

Glad that it has more fans now! Hopefully there are many more figures in the future.

Back