ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4553dc46224d127936602338231ae5ac.jpg

Here is a copied and pasted one. Par for the course it is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks amazing. :rock

Two questions. Does Owen take commissions? IS he on Facebook to follow his work?

I have heard rumours that Threezero has actually said they have three figures in the works, but I haven't seen anything remotely close to this on their social media. I'm hoping one is Cersei and one is Jorah.

I don't know how in the hell Owen does it. He's like a sixth scale savant or something. Always incredible work. And, no, he definitely doesn't take commissions. However, every once in a blue moon he'll sell one of his repaints (he just sold the Hound on Facebook). It probably sold for the price of two Rainman figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His work really goes the distance in showing just how good Threezero's sculpts are. It's a shame that their production paints don't reflect the quality of their pieces.

Is it truly a good sculpt, or is it just amazing paint?

I'm reminded of Noel Cruz who repaints Barbie heads into amazing likenesses. I don't see many people saying Barbie heads are great sculpts.

If I had to put a number to it, I'd say that result is 20% sculpt and 80% paint.

I'm sure I'd look like a movie star, if I had a make-up artist, but instead I'll just have to settle with being a 7/10. I'd like to think I'm more attractive than a threezero sculpt.

Specialized bodies don't seem to scare off 3Z. Which is a very good thing, since so many GoT figures need them. Tyrion is a super specialized body and the Hound seems to be somewhat unique or at least heavily modified. (Also, I think Daenerys is probably modified as well, given how short she is.) Arya and Brienne would likely need special bodies, as would a White Walker (or Drogo, if they ever made one).

I'm hoping we see Arya soon. The Bioshock body does look too small (but that is a very cool set from a memorable game). Arya/Williams is just a bit shorter than a standard female body. As long as they made her appropriately flat-chested, I could live with her being slightly too tall. With Brienne they need an entirely new body like HT did with Captain Phasma.

Made a generic Kingsguard figure with this new head. Wanted something older and more mature looking so went with this (Jeff Bridges??, Iron Man maybe) head. Trying to a get a helmet made also. I'm hoping for a sculpted Selmy or Trent head one day.

dldQT35.jpg

Kings guard seem a moot point without a king (or queen) to guard. Hopefully we see someone soon that has actually sat on the Iron Throne, not the ones that either pine for it, fight for it, or struggle against it.

Kings guard seem a moot point without a king (or queen) to guard. Hopefully we see someone soon that has actually sat on the Iron Throne, not the ones that either pine for it, fight for it, or struggle against it.

I'm anticipating a Cersi at some point, I really hate the current Kings Guard look. Plus like I said, plenty of guys doing amazing custom work here.

Great job on Brienne. I haven't pushed a custom of her, because I want to see what ThreeZero does before putting in the 100+ plus hours of work it would take to sculpt her armour and design the clothing.

I assume if ThreeZero does release her, that it will be her black armour. Personally I love her first armour. Your solution is great.

Thanks for the comments on Brienne. Have not figured out how to make the armour yet hence the kingslanding outfit.
Hopefully make a second outfit somewhere down the road.

Slowly getting there:

View attachment 359588

Now if only ThreeZero stars to finally deliver on the female characters...

Where did you get that "Ghost" statue?

I got the ThreeZero exclusive one - while it's a solid piece, I did not like the stance or facial expression of Jon's direwolf.

BTW, wonderful collection. I got the Jorah too (from that custom sculptor in Taiwan) and am very pleased with Captain Friend Zone..

Back