ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the books Ned was 19 at the end of Roberts Rebellion. There is 15 years between the Tower of Joy and the events of A Game of Thrones. So he's 34 in the books. In the show they don't give exact ages only illusions to time, but Catelyn does specifically say that the rebellion was 17 years ago. Everyone is a little older in the show, a change that I agree with.

That battle was better than all the prequel saber fights combined. Such an awesome scene!

If it wasn't for the sword, armor, and fighting style, I wouldn't have ID'd him as Ned just willy nilly. The likeness of the actor who portrayed him was not right for Sean Bean, I think. His imitation though was very good.

The ages in the books really threw me after watching the show. Daenerys being very young is one thing, but Jon, Rob, etc. are just too young to be believable given their deeds. My mother has read the books, but prefers the show. She says GRRM is just too ponderous.

Yeah my first read through of the books I was really thrown off by the ages. I guess to an extent it kinda makes sense, the medieval era did somewhat function like that I believe. Once you hit puberty back then you were basically considered an adult, but it is still very jarring to think about. I think aging them all up on the show was a very good call. It works better visually, I think.

Isn't Tyrion only 23 in the books as well? Lol . I do agree that in our times today it is better to see these characters older than they were written in the books.

Especially since GoT isn't Medieval (non-fiction), it's Fantasy (fiction). A 23 y/o Tyrion would have had pretty much no gravitas.

Yeah in the books Tyrion I think is 23, Jaime and Cersei I think around 24-25, Bran's like 8 or 9 I think, Arya's around 10, Joffrey, Jon, and Robb around 14-16. All the ages are so weirdly young it makes a lot of what happens in the books just so jarring because of how young the characters that it's happening too are. I will agree, I'm not sure why GRRM picked such a young cast. It's not like he's writing a non-fiction story. But, I dunno. I like the cast they picked on the show. Like I said previously, aging them up just works a lot.

Yeah in the books Tyrion I think is 23, Jaime and Cersei I think around 24-25, Bran's like 8 or 9 I think, Arya's around 10, Joffrey, Jon, and Robb around 14-16. All the ages are so weirdly young it makes a lot of what happens in the books just so jarring because of how young the characters that it's happening too are. I will agree, I'm not sure why GRRM picked such a young cast. It's not like he's writing a non-fiction story. But, I dunno. I like the cast they picked on the show. Like I said previously, aging them up just works a lot.

So Cersei had Joffrey when she was 10 in the book?

As far as that young Ned goes... I think he looks nothing like Sean. He would never grow into Season 1 Ned even in 30 years. The jaw shape is just wrong. Not loving the flashbacks, nor how old Bran looks now that they skipped him for a season. All of the "kids" on the show look to have shot up into ugly duckling stage of puberty and it isn't as fun to watch them anymore. Tomin needs to grow a pair quick or get offed.

14 (5).jpg

Awesome pics fellas!

I recently got both Jon and Ned. Amazing figures.

Sadly tyrion is a bit too pricey for me.

I just noticed he was no less than $200 shipped on Ebay. I was looking and bought him a couple of months ago for $109 shipped off Ebay. That was kind of the norm $110-130 shipped. I wonder why the price jump. At least other have pointed out he's still available other places for a decent price.

Love this line, can't wait for Jamie and the next announcement. COME ON THREEZERO!!!!!

Back