ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get why they are doing the TV versions, but I think the book versions would be cooler. I'm not crazy about the actors who play most of the Starks. Ned should have been played by the guy who played his brother. And the guy who plays Jon is just too soft looking. The Northmen should look leaner and tougher. Dany and Tyrion are well cast for the most part. Lady Stark...whatever.

I'd love book versions of the characters. Especially of Robert during the rebellion. As far as some of your opinions on the actors, I disagree. Sean Bean was fantastic as Ned. I didn't like Catelyn in the books but Michelle Fairley brought a humanity and realism to her that made her endearing. I don't think I understand your complaint about Northmen needing to be leaner and tougher. The infantry men( what little we saw of them) looked grizzled and tough to me. The armor, weapons and attitude of the northmen were presented well in the series. It seems you may be more concerned with how they look rather than the acting skills?

Now as far as Jon Snow, the way he looks is close enough. Yeah, in the book he looks more like Ned with a 'long solemn face' etc. but whatever. Im concerned with acting and the representation of the character. That's not to say I don't take issue with Kit Harington. He does a well enough job as Jon, maybe too good.... but that's the problem. I wanted someone to really define Jon and make the character his own, like Charles Dance did with Tywin. Jon Snow is a bit too much of an everyman in the books for me. A bit boring. I don't hate him and he'll end up being one of the most important chraracters in the entire series but he's very meh.

So far there is only one person that I hated for the role they were in and that is Renly Baratheon. Some things they got right; he was pompous green boy with kingly ambitions etc. But in the books as much as he was a little **** he was likable. His dialogue was fun to read(especially the scene between him and Stannis in Storms End) and you understood why people liked him. In the show he was charismatic at all, he was a bore. That sucked for me.

A couple other people I took issue with initially was Ciarán Hinds as Mance Rayder. Hinds is a wonderful actor but the scene where were introduce to Mance is so important to the way he looks, it was one of my favorite scenes from the book. He doesn't looks at al like you would think he would look. This is one exception that I felt at least the age and appearance was important to the character, at least for that scene. I got over it though.

Another was Roose Bolton. In the book he's super weird and creepy. He lost a lot of his characteristics from the books, which I was bummed about. Again, I got over it.

Figures from the books I would LOVE.

Robert Baratheon with his warhammer during the rebellion
Rhaegar Targaryen- Again in his armor when he fought Robert.
Mad King Aries
The Mountain
The Red Viper- Oberyn Martell

Last edited:
I'd love book versions of the characters. Especially of Robert during the rebellion. As far as some of your opinions on the actors, I disagree. Sean Bean was fantastic as Ned. I didn't like Catelyn in the books but Michelle Fairley brought a humanity and realism to her that made her endearing. I don't think I understand your complaint about Northmen needing to be leaner and tougher. The infantry men( what little we saw of them) looked grizzled and tough to me. The armor, weapons and attitude of the northmen were presented well in the series. It seems you may be more concerned with how they look rather than the acting skills?

Now as far as Jon Snow, the way he looks is close enough. Yeah, in the book he looks more like Ned with a 'long solemn face' etc. but whatever. Im concerned with acting and the representation of the character. That's not to say I don't take issue with Kit Harington. He does a well enough job as Jon, maybe too good.... but that's the problem. I wanted someone to really define Jon and make the character his own, like Charles Dance did with Tywin. Jon Snow is a bit too much of an everyman in the books for me. A bit boring. I don't hate him and he'll end up being one of the most important chraracters in the entire series but he's very meh.

So far there is only one person that I hated for the role they were in and that is Renly Baratheon. Some things they got right; he was pompous green boy with kingly ambitions etc. But in the books as much as he was a little **** he was likable. His dialogue was fun to read(especially the scene between him and Stannis in Storms End) and you understood why people liked him. In the show he was charismatic at all, he was a bore. That sucked for me.

A couple other people I took issue with initially was Ciarán Hinds as Mance Rayder. Hinds is a wonderful actor but the scene where were introduce to Mance is so important to the way he looks, it was one of my favorite scenes from the book. He doesn't looks at al like you would think he would look. This is one exception that I felt at least the age and appearance was important to the character, at least for that scene. I got over it though.

Another was Roose Bolton. In the book he's super weird and creepy. He lost a lot of his characteristics from the books, which I was bummed about. Again, I got over it.

Figures from the books I would LOVE.

Robert Baratheon with his warhammer during the rebellion
Rhaegar Targaryen- Again in his armor when he fought Robert.
Mad King Aries
The Mountain
The Red Viper- Oberyn Martell

I find the trouble with making literary character's into toys is that there is no real defining look for the character and as such I think companies no doubt prefer to go by the defined television/movie routes (at least to make realistic looking figures).

What I would love is a company to get into the 1/6 scale accessories/costume game so we can purchase new costumes from different times or new accessories. GoT would be a good one to do.

I'm very excited for this line, very excited for the new season in hopes that some characters get a bit more characterisation akin to their literary counterparts (Mance and Roose).

One thing that has always bugged me and will always bug me is why the hell they didn't shave the head Jaimie after his escape with Brienne.

Yeah, I don't ever see a company making high end 1/6 book versions. That list is only a dream. :lol

The only route for book versions are those miniature figures that can be bought.

I think season 4 has the potential to satisfy the show fans that felt season 3 was slow or whatever. Cant wait.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I don't ever see a company making high end 1/6 book versions. That list is only a dream. :lol

The only route for book versions are those miniature figures that can be bought.

I think season 4 has the potential to satisfy the show fans that felt season 3 was slow or whatever. Cant wait.

I'd love any 1/6 representation of GoT, hopefully ThreeZero show something soon! I think anyone who only watches the show and hasn't read the books if going to have to pick their jaw from the floor for the next couple of years.

One of the most interesting characters for me this season will be
Spoiler Spoiler:

She has a very minor part next season and truly didn't become a character until after the fact in ADWD. It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

I'm also hoping for something soon. In the first teaser it looked like Tyrion was nearly done. The outfit, body and sculpt looked done. Only needed some paint and accessories.

Last edited:
I get why they are doing the TV versions, but I think the book versions would be cooler. I'm not crazy about the actors who play most of the Starks. Ned should have been played by the guy who played his brother. And the guy who plays Jon is just too soft looking. The Northmen should look leaner and tougher. Dany and Tyrion are well cast for the most part. Lady Stark...whatever.

Oh yeah, way too soft :lol

kit-harington-pompeii.jpg

I think it's very important to get a actor who can actually act but why can't they get both? With as many actors as there are out there I would think it can be done. But it really comes down to the choices of the casting directors and creators. I love Sean Bean as a actor but he was picked for the part due to his popularity so they could bring in viewers, not because he was the absolute bet fit for that particular role. And I get why they did it but if I'm going to pay a lot of money for a toy than I want it to be one that I think really captures the look and feel of the character. Plus, I just love the books soooo much more than the show. But... figures from the books are probably never going to happen so it's a moot point anyway.

P.S. I'm talking about the actors facial features, not his manly abs.

She has a very minor part next season and truly didn't become a character until after the fact in ADWD. It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

I'm also hoping for something soon. In the first teaser it looked like Tyrion was nearly done. The outfit, body and sculpt looked done. Only needed some paint and accessories.

Is there a casting announcement I missed? I don't think they will show her face personally and leave the casting until when she returns.

I think it's very important to get a actor who can actually act but why can't they get both? With as many actors as there are out there I would think it can be done. But it really comes down to the choices of the casting directors and creators. I love Sean Bean as a actor but he was picked for the part due to his popularity so they could bring in viewers, not because he was the absolute bet fit for that particular role. And I get why they did it but if I'm going to pay a lot of money for a toy than I want it to be one that I think really captures the look and feel of the character. Plus, I just love the books soooo much more than the show. But... figures from the books are probably never going to happen so it's a moot point anyway.

P.S. I'm talking about the actors facial features, not his manly abs.

But Sean Bean looks the part just fine. :dunno.

In the book he has a long, solemn face with gray eyes. Neither good looking nor ugly. I wouldnt say
Bean has a long face but are you really hung up on that? Plus I think he has blue eyes or something but who gives a ****.He completely encompassed the Ned Stark character. He made you believe he was Ned regardless of the different physical characteristics.

And below isn't directed at you, just book people in general.

I love the books more but book purists get on my nerves and are impossible to please. Not to mention they're unreasonable and for some reason don't understand film and books are vastly different mediums.

Is there a casting announcement I missed? I don't think they will show her face personally and leave the casting until when she returns.

Oh, I was speaking about her role in the events in the second half of the book, which is next season. I should have specified. I don't know anything about casting or any of that.

My only must have would be Daenerys, with either this outfit from season 2 or this one, from season 3. Hopefully, with a dragon (or three :D)
post-32784-daenerys-dragon-starbucks-gif-xGUe.gif
emilia.png

Re: ThreeZero Game of Thrones? ?????

I don't know if I'm in any minority here, but I really like Joffrey as a villain and would like a figure of him on the shelf along with the rest of the cast.

Joff.jpg

joffrey.jpg

406927_451262101577652_1153247474_n.jpg

jf.gif

I'd get oen too, but I've GOtta say...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'd probably only get Danny. How much does this company's figures usually retail for?

Back