ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1555398_783471208345376_323486346_n.jpg

Looks good, but needs some work. Like I said, it have to be atrocious for me not to buy. I can't wait!

Being that it says it's not the final product, I hope they do some improvements. It's not bad, but this one is better.

peter_dinklage_wip_continued_by_jessejamesbonelli-d5duc14.jpg

Where'd that come from?

The Walking Dead pets don't include a portrait likeness (or arms) - and their costumes are incredibly simplistic especially compared to GoT costumes. So I wouldn't count on the $130 price point for GoT.

Yup.

I think the main problem can be fixed with a more accurate paint up, but the sculpt is good, IMO!
SddLDG0.jpg

Yeah, that definitely looks better. Especially the hair.

You're a complete buzzkill LJ :nana

:lol:lol:lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I'm becoming more and more curious of what the accessories will be. I can't imagine it will be that much.

Goblet
Skin of wine
Hand of the King badge.
Bag of coins

A book?

They could throw and axe and make it an exclusive or something. Wouldn't make much sense for the outfit but whatever.

The Walking Dead pets don't include a portrait likeness (or arms) - and their costumes are incredibly simplistic especially compared to GoT costumes. So I wouldn't count on the $130 price point for GoT.

True, but I cant see the imp being too much more because of the size. I mean the SS yoda was under $100. But yeah, for sure the other characters will be a lot more. Merle will probably be the first human up for pre order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but I cant see the imp being too much more because of the size. I mean the SS yoda was under $100. But yeah, for sure the other characters will be a lot more. Merle will probably be the first human up for pre order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this will be $100 or under. I'm thinking at least as much as the pets.

What's the average retail price for this company's figures?

Well the pets are going for $130 each, but like Dave said they don't have an actors likeness nor the tailoring this will have. But the pets are an excellent value and great figures ,sooo...its anyones guess. We don't know how much this license was either

TheFiend, that head sculpt is something I found on DeviantArt. Once the artist finishes it, he says he's going to sell them for $90 each. I might bite.

https://jessejamesbonelli.deviantart.com/art/Peter-Dinklage-WIP-Continued-325581160

Cool, thanks! :)

$90 is a bit steep for an unpainted sculpt but its good to have options.

Last edited:
The angle you are looking at the sculpt from also makes a difference.. sometimes a head sculpt looks awesome from one angle, but not so much from another.. middle photo, bottom row of the custom HS is excellent, especially compared to the photo.. the other shots don't look as good.

It happens with HT as well, Agent Coulson looks slightly off from certain angles.. and more noticeably imho, so does the new Alfred Pennyworth / Micheal Caine figure.

..mind you, this is also an image of his Dinklageness -
dinklage-stone-640x870.jpg

.. with comparison -

Cool, thanks! :)

$90 is a bit steep for an unpainted sculpt but its good to have options.

I agree, but the sculptor is young and inexperienced with pricing, methinks. He's like 22ish. I've spoken with him and he's super nice. I think he'd be willing to negotiate!

I'm waiting to see WPG's and now ThreeZero's final sculpts before I decide on whether or not to buy Jesse's. As it stands, it's the best I've seen - especially considering he's not finished!

I'm not impressed with this at all, at least not from this angle. I'd like to see more pics 'cause just about every detail but the nose looks slightly off to me. The chin is too deep, the jowls too full and the brow too heavy and the eyelids the wrong shape. The whole face looks stretched. The sculpt agen_kolar posted looks better imo, though not from every angle.

You're a complete buzzkill LJ :nana

You sure?.. :thud: .. It's not perfect (eg. hair color probably too dark) but I'm seeing his awesomeness, Peter Dinklage all over that head sculpt.

:lol:lol... but then I said this:

Shows how much I know, that looks heaps better. Still needs to lose some length off the chin though I think.

I've come around somewhat... show me another angle or two and a smaller chin and I'll be on board with the rest of you :)

I agree with dominishin about the expression, but at least it's not the vacant stare we see with a lot of figures.

:lol:lol...
I've come around somewhat... show me another angle or two and a smaller chin and I'll be on board with the rest of you :)

Yeah, after I looked at some of the photos, I agree with you.. slightly too much 'noble chin' going on in that HS.
:)

:lol:lol... but then I said this:

I agree with dominishin about the expression, but at least it's not the vacant stare we see with a lot of figures.

Also the pic posted is extremely close up, I think from normal viewing distance of a few feet away it may be more appealing and show less flaws. :dunno

this line has so much potential. this is definitely a good start. this and the walking dead are 2 licenses i'm really anxious to see. i hope they just don't drop the ball on this. but so far so good.

This is the only line I am not 100% bothered about the likeness. I will collect these to have a representation of ASOIAF more so than the TV show so any that are slightly off will get away in my mind as crossover of book and tv characters.

I hope they turn out a load of these figures. I have been collecting Hot Toys for going on 5 years and have only 28 figures so far (not including pre-orders).

I don't want to wait 5 years to get a good collection of these guys, and that feeling will only get worse when the first one is in hand!

Sometimes I wish these companies would release a list of what figures they intend to make because for me the guessing is the worst part of the hobby!

I really like the sculpt! I don't really see these flaws mentioned, and think it's at least in part the angle and zoom--except for the hair. The hair seems awkward and cartoony to me.

:gah: I guess it always happens - people hate on a fantastic sculpt.

You can post a picture of the actor to support just about any criticism and then a different photo can justify a change in the opposite direction. Threezero doesn't have a lot of experience with likenesses, but I'm very encouraged by this and what we've seen from TWD.

:gah: I guess it always happens - people hate on a fantastic sculpt.

You can post a picture of the actor to support just about any criticism and then a different photo can justify a change in the opposite direction. Threezero doesn't have a lot of experience with likenesses, but I'm very encouraged by this and what we've seen from TWD.

I'm not hating on it, I'm just not as impressed by it as many here :lol

It's not surprising given how high some companies have set the bar in recent years. But you're right - this is a company new to photorealistic sculpts, and especially given that this is not the final product, and that it is a single pic taken from one particular angle, I should cut them more slack.

I'm not hating on it, I'm just not as impressed by it as many here :lol

It's not surprising given how high some companies have set the bar in recent years. But you're right - this is a company new to photorealistic sculpts, and especially given that this is not the final product, and that it is a single pic taken from one particular angle, I should cut them more slack.

wYffLQM.gif

:D :1-1:

Back