ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyrion certainly isn't the force he once was. Seems that every man falls under the spell of dragonlady and subsequently loses their nuts. Except Sam... I've enjoyed his arc and interested to see what role he'll have to play in things. He's already planted some seeds in Jon's head.

Agree!

Martin's thesis seems to be that those who desire power shouldn't have it. That the rulers who are best for the people are those who have power thrust upon them, rather than seeking it out. This is why I see Jon and Daenerys eventually (hopefully) ending up on opposite sides in the conflict. It may not happen, but I think it would be interesting from a dramaturgical point of view. I just think it'd be more nuanced and interesting than "The Good Guys" vs. "The Evil Ice King".

That said, I would TOTALLY still enjoy The Good Guys vs. The Evil Ice King! :lol

Martin's thesis seems to be that those who desire power shouldn't have it. That the rulers who are best for the people are those who have power thrust upon them, rather than seeking it out. This is why I see Jon and Daenerys eventually (hopefully) ending up on opposite sides in the conflict. It may not happen, but I think it would be interesting from a dramaturgical point of view. I just think it'd be more nuanced and interesting than "The Good Guys" vs. "The Evil Ice King".

That said, I would TOTALLY still enjoy The Good Guys vs. The Evil Ice King! :lol

Cool, I didn't know that. Honestly I was super late into the show, saw the 7 seasons last year. It's really huge, and have so much behind. Let's see how it all wraps! :)

I don't agree about Ramsay serving no purpose and just being evil for evil's sake. He's basically what either Jon Snow or Theon Greyjoy could have become if they were purely driven by hate and malice. He also had to be as bad and twisted as he was in order to justify the start of a rough redemption arc for Theon, and to force Sansa to harden into the leader and become the force that she now represents. Littlefinger could only take Sansa so far, she had to be forged in iron through surviving The worst imaginable in Ramsay as well to be fit for leadership and respected on her own terms in the North. Ramsay was Sansa's crucible, just as Jon being betrayed by his brothers in the Night's Watch was his.

My take, anyway.

I don't agree about Ramsay serving no purpose and just being evil for evil's sake. He's basically what either Jon Snow or Theon Greyjoy could have become if they were purely driven by hate and malice. He also had to be as bad and twisted as he was in order to justify the start of a rough redemption arc for Theon, and to force Sansa to harden into the leader and become the force that she now represents. Littlefinger could only take Sansa so far, she had to be forged in iron through surviving The worst imaginable in Ramsay as well to be fit for leadership and respected on her own terms in the North.

My take, anyway.

Yeah, totally agree he has exactly that purpose as a character. I didn't see he has no purpose, just he's a plot device, and not so great as a character by himself. He's a great pure villain, and serves to make other characters grow, which is fine. But his arc is plot-driven, instead character-driven, which makes him way less interesting than, let's say, Little Finger, Jaime, the Hound or King Robert, for example. Still, totally truth that Sansa needed him to being believable as the leader she's become now.

another pic of joffrey (not my pic):

222026xjgfm5m3zdtjh3fo.jpg

The likeness looks better in that shot. Not perfect, but much better than the prior pics. (Still hoping the final version has his signature douchey smirk.)

Also, man, those colors are really going to really POP on the shelf!

I was disappointed when I first saw the Joffrey proto a few days ago, not because of the likeness,( I don’t expect hot toys quality from ThreeZero), but more the character choice. I’m really wanting a Sam, Tormund or Mountain next. But he’s growing on me and the other comments are right, colours are going to pop on the shelf!
Think I’ve got the whole line so far with pre-orders on Cersei, Breienne & season 7 Tyrion. Hopefully “The Advisor” arriving from HK today!! Becoming a real favourite line for me.

I don’t think a Sam figure is going to do well in terms of sales.

Probably not, but I’d like him!

This turned up today, pretty happy with result.

Head and “old man” hands better than I’d expect from ThreeZero, clothing and body worse (shiny material feels cheap and forearms are weirdly long. But for less than £100 delivered, not bad!74C78AC5-B57D-43F1-ADDC-427E7AB4FDC5.jpg

Oh I don’t know, I think there’s a very good chance 3Zero will do a mountain... they’ve already produced a bespoke dwarf body, (Tyrion) an oversized male body, (the hound) a tall female (Brienne) and a small female, (Arya). ...I can see them going for a giant Zombie madman body!

I'm sure they could probably modify a few components of the Hound body for this guy. Thicker arms and a big barrel chest. (At least I hope they would do a modified body rather than using padding.) I just worry the line will run out of steam before they get around to him. 3Z doesn't seem to be able to manage more than a few GoT figures per year.

I hope so.

I just got Tywin and a White Walker today.... so my GoT villains line-up desperately needs zombified Gregor (hopefully in that gold armor he can barely squeeze in to rather than the new black armor).

I can't believe the lack of interest in Stannis, of all the figures they should make, Stannis should be right near the top of that list, him and Davos.
Melisandre would also make for a very visually appealing figure, and after seeing all the Tywin pics from Xensation, I'd say they could make Littlefinger and Varys next since they're easier figures to make compared to other characters.

As for all the others I do agree that we desperately need a Night King and updated Jon Snow, I didn't buy Jon nor Dany because their sculpts just don't do anything for me, oh and Jorah needs to be made as well, it's a pretty long list for threezero tho and I doubt they'll ever make every character we want, threezero just wastes their chances imo, they had TWD line while the show was hot and did nothing with it.

Back