ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramsey was scary because he was so comfortable in his evilness.

Joffrey was never comfortable. Always trying to butch up, or put down -- always insisting he was the boss. Whiny little *****.

Last edited:
Joffrey was an idiot who has waayyy too much power that he didn’t earn.

Ramsey was a scheming, intelligent psychopath that knows how to work his way from the bottom as a bastard to eventually being Lord Bolton and also deflowering Sansa.

I think because Joffrey didn’t earn anything made him that much more hate able. Ramsey earned what he got through his own scheming, much like Little Finger. I miss them both on the show but would gladly watch Joffrey die over and over :lol

He played that role too well. Every time I watch Batman Begins I want Bale to throw the kid off the side of the building.

I prefer Ramsey than little finger, though I’m glad they both are dead.

Since we are talking bout these guys, how does the queen’s latest boy toy rate amongst these psychos lol

I agree. Jeoffry was a whiney,spoiled, brat, coward, child that couldn’t stand on his own unless someone was there to protect him and his sadistic antics. If given more time he may have reached Ramsey’s level but cowardess is much harder to overcome.

Ramsey was a total psychopath and a masochist who enjoyed torturing people and had no problem tormenting people with no back up. Even in the face of his own death he didn’t wimp out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Jeoffry was a whiney,spoiled, brat, coward, child that couldn’t stand on his own unless someone was there to protect him and his sadistic antics. If given more time he may have reached Ramsey’s level but cowardess is much harder to overcome.

Ramsey was a total psychopath and a masochist who enjoyed torturing people and had no problem tormenting people with no back up. Even in the face of his own death he didn’t wimp out.

Well put.

I think the 'cowardice' aspect is truly what separates Joffrey from Ramsey.

Ramsey would make a wonderfully sick meal of whimpering Joffrey... but never the other way around.

Joffrey would be his new Reek.

One of the things I dislike the most in this show is that so many great characters were killed, but the characters coming later were mostly dull (Euron, ugh). Most characters in the first seasons were not 100% good or evil, but moved in a grey zone, which made them so likable. It was so great coming to appreciate the guy that pushed a boy through a window in the first episode, or hating Little Finger with time. Joffrey is a perfect example. He was a whiney coward, but once he gets the crown he becomes a terrible menace for everybody, unleashing the sadist inside him. Instead, Ramsey is just plain evil, and far less interesting to me.

One of the things I dislike the most in this show is that so many great characters were killed, but the characters coming later were mostly dull (Euron, ugh). Most characters in the first seasons were not 100% good or evil, but moved in a grey zone, which made them so likable. It was so great coming to appreciate the guy that pushed a boy through a window in the first episode, or hating Little Finger with time. Joffrey is a perfect example. He was a whiney coward, but once he gets the crown he becomes a terrible menace for everybody, unleashing the sadist inside him. Instead, Ramsey is just plain evil, and far less interesting to me.

This is also a well put argument. I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right. That 'gray-zone' was very interesting and many characters, like the Hound, turned from villains to heroes (more or less). It does seem like, nearing the end though, many have chosen their positions -- of course, there's still more to come so who knows...

I do wish there was more heroes-turned-villains characters. In fact, has there been one? One that started as a true heroic character and then slowly became a villain?

Perhaps Bronn will soon fill that gap.

I have a feeling her ego will get in the way for a bit when someone tells her who Jon is -- a rival for the throne.

But in the end, Jon will have given her a baby... so she may just bend the knee to him too.

Of course, I think Jon's a dead man, so that knee bending won't last long.

You think this goes behind the idea that as forces conspire for power they're forced to pick sides?

I have a feeling her ego will get in the way for a bit when someone tells her who Jon is -- a rival for the throne.

But in the end, Jon will have given her a baby... so she may just bend the knee to him too.

Of course, I think Jon's a dead man, so that knee bending won't last long.

Jon's already a dead man :) but interesting point. Daenerys showed herself to be more given to conquest than the mundanity of actually ruling. She loves nothing more than a bent knee.

You think this goes behind the idea that as forces conspire for power they're forced to pick sides?

Could be, not sure. From my understanding it's not that they're forced to pick sides, but to take decissions. Sometimes those decissions align them with other sides, sometimes not. For example Arya doesn't conspire for power, but she's forced to take decissions. She hates the Hound, but she needs siding with him, and eventually she stops hating him. But at one point, she doesn't need him anymore, and she abandons him (to his death, supposedly). That's an example of a great character, to me. Her arc is character driven, her actions (both good and bad) do others react, and she grows learning from the others. She's far from being a hero, but she's better and better as the story progress. Obviously Arya is one of the best characters in the show. Ramsey, in the opposite side, it's just a plot device. He's evil for the sake of it, and he's as intelligent, strong or cruel as the story needs him to be in any moment. His goal is making other characters suffer (Sansa, Theon, etc.) Once he's not needed anymore, he loses and dies.

Could be, not sure. From my understanding it's not that they're forced to pick sides, but to take decissions. Sometimes those decissions align them with other sides, sometimes not. For example Arya doesn't conspire for power, but she's forced to take decissions. She hates the Hound, but she needs siding with him, and eventually she stops hating him. But at one point, she doesn't need him anymore, and she abandons him (to his death, supposedly). That's an example of a great character, to me. Her arc is character driven, her actions (both good and bad) do others react, and she grows learning from the others. She's far from being a hero, but she's better and better as the story progress. Obviously Arya is one of the best characters in the show. Ramsey, in the opposite side, it's just a plot device. He's evil for the sake of it, and he's as intelligent, strong or cruel as the story needs him to be in any moment. His goal is making other characters suffer (Sansa, Theon, etc.) Once he's not needed anymore, he loses and dies.

Tyrion certainly isn't the force he once was. Seems that every man falls under the spell of dragonlady and subsequently loses their nuts. Except Sam... I've enjoyed his arc and interested to see what role he'll have to play in things. He's already planted some seeds in Jon's head.

Back