Threezero Game of Thrones The Hound 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selina Kyle looks great but yeah give me sculpted hair everyday of the week.

The DKR one? If you look around the custom art there are many examples of people re-rooting the hair on that one an improving the look in tenfold. I don't think it looks bad either pr se, same wit the recent civil war black widow, but the work that's been able to be done with tibetan yak by customizers in the recent 1/5-2 years has revolutionized the approach to real hair just totally destroyed the expectation over the mass market stuff. It looks doll like, grains too big, synthetic pasticy looking etc. But to be fair no mass company has figures out how to work with something that's not synthetic.

I really was excited for this because he's my absolute favorite on the show... but I just can't justify spending the money when the quality of the sculpt isn't there imo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I said it before but he just looks like this guy to me
tumblr_lvcrr1izO21qirjoeo1_500.jpg[\img]

I don't think a completely new sculpt is necessary. I think a repaint is all that's needed here. The likeness is solid, as was the prototype. And are we having this conversation about rooted hair again?lol With every release of a figure with rooted hair it's the same. First in hand pics are posted of a figure right out of the box with unfutzed hair and it's seized upon. Later figure is futzed from head to toe and it's " oh, it's not that bad." lol.

Other than that I'm pleased they included a stand for the helmet.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

people just have insane expectations these days, I'm personally fine with the way he looks, better for me I guess, I get to enjoy my figures.

The video pretty much confirms what I've already known. I'm happy with the armor, etc. More rubber belts. Barf. The hair can be styled. Crazy, I know. No problems there. The likeness is solid and I really dig the scars, but they have got to get a hold of the paint. We're five figures in now and it's kinda unacceptable. There are other companies without the name brand as Threezero/threeA that can get it done better. Imagine how good that sculpt would look with good paint. Those scars would be really something to look at. Overall I'm happy. I think most things here came out just as the prototype looked with the exception of the paint on the sculpt. I'll get a repaint. I worry about Daenerys if they can't get a hold of the paint application on these production figures.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the video review! Looks great, I'm more then happy with what I'm seeing. I like the change in the joints they are using now.

Just thought I would take some quick photos has such a great figure. I actually really like the head sculpt. He looks really good with all the rest 20170730_112042.jpg20170730_112049.jpg20170730_112058.jpg20170730_110757.jpg

Back