Threezero Game of Thrones The Hound 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had Jon Snow but was noy impressed with the shoddy paint and sculpt so quickly sold it. I was willing to give Threezero another chance after how great their prototypes have been, especially Daenerys. If they couldn't even get the Hound's rough mug right, there's no way they can match the delicate features of the Daenerys proto.

Cant believe all the negative comments. He looks great. Do you guys remember Jon Snow? That was a POS, this looks awesome. That lighting is glaring and completely overshadowing the figure. He looks great in the video and taking a bunch of pictures of the actor out of prosthetic, makeup, and costume has zero likeness to the character as he is portrayed here anyways.

I should not be surprised, this is the standard wash, rinse, repeat cycle on this board for any figure regardless of company, in hand quality, or proto vs production.

I am stoked for him. He will still easily surpass the mediocre Ned, acceptable Tyrion, POS Jon, and pretty decent Jamie.

I agree. I think he looks very good. Could the paint job be better? Of course. But we have a sense of what to expect from this company and at this price point, so I'm good.

Do I wish that they would charge a little more and give us better paint and maybe metal swords? Yes. But as my mother always says: "Wish in one hand and s#!t in the other, and see which one fills up first."

(I have a colorful family.)

Cant believe all the negative comments. He looks great. Do you guys remember Jon Snow? That was a POS, this looks awesome. That lighting is glaring and completely overshadowing the figure. He looks great in the video and taking a bunch of pictures of the actor out of prosthetic, makeup, and costume has zero likeness to the character as he is portrayed here anyways.

I should not be surprised, this is the standard wash, rinse, repeat cycle on this board for any figure regardless of company, in hand quality, or proto vs production.

I am stoked for him. He will still easily surpass the mediocre Ned, acceptable Tyrion, POS Jon, and pretty decent Jamie.

:goodpost:

This sculpt is pretty close to the quality of Jon's. Neither one is very good.

The rest of the figure looks pretty good, great detail on the armor, but that sculpt is cringe worthy. At least in those pics.

The rest of the figure looks pretty good, great detail on the armor, but that sculpt is cringe worthy. At least in those pics.

Everything else can look perfect but if the sculpt it subpar then it brings the entire figure down. I'd rather have a bang on headsculpt and the clothing/accessories lack a little bit.

Everything else can look perfect but if the sculpt it subpar then it brings the entire figure down. I'd rather have a bang on headsculpt and the clothing/accessories lack a little bit.
Agree with you there. The sculpt is the strong point of a figure for me, it's the first thing I look at.

Just because this was $30-40 cheaper than most Hot Toys doesn't excuse a bad sculpt.

Hmm looks OK, just OK though atm....hopefully it's just bad lighting/pics and looks better in-hand. :)

I actually can't get over the negativity! I must have rose tinted glasses on. To say the sculpt is "cringe worthy" is bizzare to me. Way over the top IMO.

I actually can't get over the negativity! I must have rose tinted glasses on. To say the sculpt is "cringe worthy" is bizzare to me. Way over the top IMO.

Indeed. I'm just happy that there's a figure of my favorite GOT character. :yess: Maybe these are just bad pictures since the general consensus was more favorable when we just saw the video review. Come on threezero ship this one already. :impatient:

So since you like it everyone else must as well or keep silent? Not hard to understand. I'm not impressed with the cheap looking hair, paint or the subpar likeness.

Cringe worthy is pretty accurate and fair to me. There are hundreds of amazing 1:6 sculpts out there. The bar is very high. I'd say this hits about the 40 percent mark.

Cringe worthy is pretty accurate and fair to me. There are hundreds of amazing 1:6 sculpts out there. The bar is very high. I'd say this hits about the 40 percent mark.
Threezero just posted more pics on their Facebook. The helmet is definitely staying on until a custom sculpt is made.

The Threezero pictures do look a bit better but yeah it's not looking like their best work to date. Oh well I'm still all in for this whole line and I can't really argue that it is the best Hound figure we have to date. I'm still thinking that some pro paint work could help it out a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get the negative stuff either. I think he looks great. Every figure has been much better in hand. For some reason these don't photo very well. FB page says they are shipping as of an hour ago. Can't wait.

I never did make a new account on their new site. Is anyone getting shipping emails?

i made a new account. The info does not transfer over nor do they do it for you. I recently emailed them about it and their replay was that they have a record I paid and it will ship in July. They also told me I should open a new account for future preorders. Well I have one. DUH!!! That's it. I guess it just shows up on the doorstep one day. For me this is a neVer order direct again indication. Piss poor customer service ...

i made a new account. The info does not transfer over nor do they do it for you. I recently emailed them about it and their replay was that they have a record I paid and it will ship in July. They also told me I should open a new account for future preorders. Well I have one. DUH!!! That's it. I guess it just shows up on the doorstep one day. For me this is a neVer order direct again indication. Piss poor customer service ...

Their customer service is horrible. I only ordered Jon Snow from them and he came without a sword! It took over 2 months to get a replacement after constant struggle and endless "Chinese New Years celebration". Its way better to order from s secondary source. I usually get mine from ebay.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

The only reason I ordered The Hound direct from threezero was the exclusive helmet. I'll be glad I did if the paint job on the face doesn't look a little better in person. Overall it looks okay to me though... and the armor/accessories look awesome.

I am more worried about Danny's quality now, though.

The only reason I ordered The Hound direct from threezero was the exclusive helmet. I'll be glad I did if the paint job on the face doesn't look a little better in person. Overall it looks okay to me though... and the armor/accessories look awesome.

I am more worried about Danny's quality now, though.
The exclusive can be preordered on ebay too although maybe slightly more.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Back