Threezero Game of Thrones Jon Snow Ver. 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, I hate futzing with wired cape so I made a tiny hole on the inside to remove the wire.. It can be inserted back too

Nice! I feel like that looks much more natural. Did you make the hole on the inner fur liner? I might bust out my X-acto knife and try later.

Nice! I feel like that looks much more natural. Did you make the hole on the inner fur liner? I might bust out my X-acto knife and try later.

it is more natural-looking in my opinion! :) and yes the inner side of the fur lining, don?t make the cut at the extreme bottom though as that might make the wire come out too easily in the future if you decide to put it back in. You can tug the cape down for a more natural drape afterwards
82de5d28c46dbf368cec749f11ab0c01.jpg

I received 3zero Jon Snow S8 today and immediately swapped the head and body. Took a couple of hours but it was worth it IMO. I'm done with GOT. No more buying and swapping things and commission repaints. 3zero never really had a figure with close likenesses of the tv show counterparts except for Tyrion S7.
Now have to sell Jon clown imposter and statsmann smaller gloves and boots on ebay.

20200622_194132.jpg
20200622_194210.jpg
20200622_194239.jpg
20200622_194301.jpg
20200622_194333.jpg
20200622_194503.jpg
20200622_194525.jpg
20200622_194541.jpg
20200622_194611.jpg
20200622_194759.jpg
20200622_194820.jpg
20200622_194837.jpg

Curious to know why you changed the body. Isn't the stock body slimmer because the padded armor is quite bulky?

Mine should arrive today as well.

I used World Box body too. It is much better than Three zero body minus having to shave ankle pegs a bit. My only gripe overall is the plastic collar piece around neck of armor that I?ll probably replace with leather at some point. And the Nut Pisz head is light years better.

I received 3zero Jon Snow S8 today and immediately swapped the head and body. Took a couple of hours but it was worth it IMO. I'm done with GOT. No more buying and swapping things and comission repaints. 3zero never really had a figure to close likenesses of the tv show counterparts except for Tyrion S7.
Now have to sell Jon clown imposter and statsmann smaller gloves and boots on ebay.

View attachment 488193
View attachment 488194
View attachment 488196
View attachment 488197
View attachment 488198
View attachment 488199
View attachment 488200
View attachment 488201
View attachment 488202
View attachment 488203
View attachment 488204
View attachment 488205

glad to see you prefer it too! did you use epoxy on the ankle joint too?

Curious to know why you changed the body. Isn't the stock body slimmer because the padded armor is quite bulky?

Mine should arrive today as well.

the clothing has room to accommodate the slightly larger body.. only problem is the ankle joint. but otherwise the proportions are better and the Nut Pizs is more stable on a necked body
78269d5693239763c13cd1e71eb05a91.jpg

glad to see you prefer it too! did you use epoxy on the ankle joint too?

I used the 3zero ankle pegs, they were a little short though. I used a heat gun to soften the lower legs, then pulled the ankle pegs out of both bodies. I had to cut a little bit off at where the peg goes into the leg cause the 3zeros were short but it was enough for them to insert. Then popped on the boots. Guess it worked.

I'm still undecided on Jon. Up until Season 8 he was one of my favorite characters. Tempted to get the figure to honor the Jon Snow that drew his sword alone against Ramsay's army, one of my favorite scenes in the show.

I guess it depends on whether the Nut sculpt is still available, I'll have to check OSK.

Ok so, figure arrived today, couldn't be more disappointed. Mine has some serious, serious issues. Please let me know if you ran into something similar. I don't remember seeing any of you reporting anything of the sort.

As soon as I opened the main tray, the one with the figure itself, I was assailed by a strong smell of gasoline. Then I picked up the figure and noticed that it was all sticky. In particular the grey gambeson, the hands, the feet. In smaller measure all of the black/brown painted plastic pieces, like the collar, the shin guards the dagger's sheath, the rubber knotted piece that holds the scabbard. The paint was rubbing off from all of the figure, really.

Just have a look at the hand peg that I removed when I went to check if the paint was staining the body.

IMG_5838.jpg

The neck is also stained.

IMG_5839.jpg

You can see that the hands and the feet all have this sort of wet look. It's not a look, that's melted paint coming off...

IMG_5840.jpg
IMG_5844.jpg

The cloak is also full of fingerprints (unless you tell me that's just weathering...). I can't tell if it was already like this of if that's the result of me touching it with the fingers full of leaked paint.

IMG_5845.jpg
IMG_5846.jpg

Honestly, what should I do? Return it? I bought it from KGHobby.

Damn, my fingers are still sticky, it's not coming off after whashing my hands several times and using tons of hand sanitizer...

Most of it is probably weathering, but I didn?t have the stickiness on the grey clothing. Threezero?s wet hand paint problem seems to be a thing since older releases, affected mine too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not sqeezing it, just making enough pressure to pose it. Will exposure to air dry the paint?

Also, what about the cloak, is that weathering or smeared paint?

Back