Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like the hobby has become more about the amount of **** you can talk instead of collecting the things you like.

Yah...seems like it...

The downgrade in HS is unfortunate but honestly, its still the best (easiest / cheapest) Dany you can get without going custom route. I'm still happy I'm getting it. Just find the best angle /lighting for the figure and that's it. I don't think I've reposed any of my 1/6 figures since getting them out of the box and onto the cabinet lol...

24845425_355614088236538_3137463623929036800_n.jpg

25005133_194284771133890_3967213453969457152_n.jpg

Wow! Like night and day!

Which Owen Qi repaint and rehair did you prefer, top row or bottom row or both?

I actually reviewed Tyrion pretty highly (except for his hands) so it made it extra disappointing that every release has dropped worse and worse quality wise. A company should get better not worse.

You can’t even blame the cheap price because a company like QMX who misses their fair share of the mark also hits it strong many times too. A comperable price and even comes with stands unlike these figures (though it can be argued that the intricacy of the outfits is where the money goes)

They should stick to their armored figures. I’m not an expert in those but what I’ve seen looked good.

I’ve also stated that I think hot toys has declined overall in quality, and no company is perfect but in my estimation aside from Hot Toys, Blitzway and the now seemingly defunt Enterbay are the only ones who are coming close to the hot toys level. The price reflects it yes, but when you are spending over 150 for a figure it becomes moot. You might as well just stick to NECA figures or the like. And a lisence as high quality and publically acclaimed as the Walking Dead and especially GOT deserve better treatment.

They knocked it out of the park with the prototype and not being able to deliver on that is truly shameful. You could almost argue it’s false advertisement.

Say what you will but I firmly believe that if something differs that strongly from the prototype on a hot toy in most cases it’s actuslly improved upon based either on customer input or their own desire to improve

:lecture QFT

Repped...if I could. He’s so awesome, I’ve repped him too many times.

In all honesty that prototype still wasn't perfect but it was very good and should be the minimum that Threezero should be giving us for this price point. I will be writing Threezero a very angry letter on facebook and think everyone else should do the same because they need to know that what they are doing is totally unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Seeing that comparison, it looks like the head clearly got distorted in the casting process. The sides of the face are pushed in more, which is throwing everything else off and making the nose seem bigger...

A friend of mine has the complete line so far and while not perfect, the figures were decent representations, especially The Hound, which looked amazing. Sadly this latest release has to be the worst of the line. That Proto / Prod comparison is mind-blowing.

If you're in this far, you might as well pick her up but I'm just glad that I'm not collecting the line. (Although I wouldn't mind just getting a Hound and calling it a day. (Would have loved Tyrion and Jon Snow but they're secondary market pricing has gotten beyond ridiculous...)

In all honesty that prototype still wasn't perfect but it was very good and should be the minimum that Threezero should be giving us for this price point. I will be writing Threezero a very angry letter on facebook and think everyone else should do the same because they need to know that what they are doing is totally unacceptable.

Did it this evening and honestly, I’m usually very easily pleased and have loved this line so far. I just can’t get over how bad this turned out.

Awful likeness and cheap outfit, the Mother of Dragons doesn't approve:
IMG_3125.JPG

Someone other than threezero needs to make this:
IMG_3123.JPG

The line has been gradually getting worse, especially in the head sculpts. The hound dropped in head quality too, mostly in paint and somewhat in hair but it wasn't as atrocious as this. People were upset about that too but Threezero still didn't listen. This time I will get very vocal with them, sending photos and links to this forum showcasing the extreme upset from everyone. In addition many people have cancelled their orders and if they don't care about our comments hopefully they will at least take a huge dip in sales into consideration.

Every time I see one picture that makes this look pretty good, I see two that look bad.

Such a shame, the proto was the best female figure I'd ever seen.Threezero just doesn't have the talent to deliver that quality to the final product, simple as that.

Have they given any defense or explanation about it yet? I looked through some FB comments but couldn't find any response from them.

In the past when folks have complained their response is always to return it for a refund if not happy. Never a comment on the criticism itself.

Tracking says mine just cleared NY customs. If i hate it I will eventually flip it. Being the exclusive I assume it will hold it's value.

Back