Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8085050981b1a594086aec32c3a5a5c4.jpg

370aab11f78aa4e6e4a6d6d537189458.jpg

11082f549b94179863ef0bf4047ccdbd.jpg

Yikes, that's horrible.

I don't understand. Were Tyrion, Ned and Jaime not all better than their protos? Jon was a disappointment and the Hound may be as well, but that's still more than half of the figs that came out a little better than anticipated.

The Hound figure looks just like proto with not as good paint on the sculpt. I'd understand if the sculpt was massively different and deformed but it ain't. Some people just hate this company and will make a mountain out of a mole hill. I don't hesitate to criticise something even if I generally like it. I often pointed out the overuse of the rubber on these figures like certain pieces of armor and especially the freakin' belt and boots! It makes it feel cheap. I'm still not crazy about Ned's likeness( though others seem not to have a problem) and the paint is rudementary. The Jon sculpt sucked, we know that but the rest of the figure is good. There's more but I'll stop here. But with the Hound I'm not seeing this awful figure others see. It looks like he has the potential to be the best of the lot,imo.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It looks like he has the potential to be the best of the lot...

I think you nailed it with "potential." After all, that's what customizing is all about. If we have a good basis to work from (sculpt and materials being most important, as you pointed out) then just about everything else can be made better. So unless you're an "out of the box" sort of collector or building figures from scratch, a figure like the Hound provides a good foundation for customizing, customizing, customizing :wink1:

Zod's pics for Daenerys weren't the best, but I appreciate all the SDCC pics Zod's put up in the threads.

She and the Hound looked great in person but none of the booths provide that great of photo ops. I was amazed how small 3Zero's booth was and how little they showed from any of their lines... two cases, one with the her and the Hound, another with a robot thing I don't collect. Tons of art books for 3A and that is all.

I got my shipping notice for the Hound yesterday and I cant wait to get him. I am optimistic that Dany will be great as well.

Hope she ends up looking more like the proto. That proto is the best female sculpt I've ever seen. But if she ends up looking more like the later photos, eh, it's fine. Still good, just not "spellbinding" or "amazing" anymore. I really want some Game of Thrones figures and she's my first so I'm fine. Not like she's a Jon Snow kind of fail on the sculpt.

Hope she ends up looking more like the proto. That proto is the best female sculpt I've ever seen. But if she ends up looking more like the later photos, eh, it's fine. Still good, just not "spellbinding" or "amazing" anymore. I really want some Game of Thrones figures and she's my first so I'm fine. Not like she's a Jon Snow kind of fail on the sculpt.

What was wrong with how she looked at SDCC?

Well the pics on page 43 and 45 look substantially better than the ones on 46. In reviewing them, it could just be the lighting in retrospect. Didn't realize they were ALL from SDCC.

It was definitely the lighting in the convention center mixed with the glass cube the have her in. I saw her in person and she looks amazing... probably still the same prototype or one of a few if there is more than one. The girl at the booth said she thought the Hound was the production figure but was pretty sure Dany was not. I am not entirely sure how much she knows about the lines/company though she could have just been an American hire for the trade shows but she was enthusiastic about both the figures and GOT as a whole.

Not sure if anyone saw this, but she is now on the Threezero shipping schedule for September release.

Not sure if anyone saw this, but she is now on the Threezero shipping schedule for September release.

Wow, that's great. It means after I pay her off, I can have her right away with little waiting :) She'll probably be out as I finish my final flex on her.

I'm not super confident she'll actually ship in September (3Z frequently pushes their estimates back), but it seems to me we really ought to be seeing a pre-order for the next figure ASAP.

Back