Threezero Game of Thrones - 1/6 Jon Snow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with Jon is he is too dark. The repaint looks ok but it is still too dark and the beard is too thick. Kit doesn't grow in the thickest of beards so you need to see skin under it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Too thick? I think Raymond got it just right. Looks like he barely touched it areas with the skin showing underneath. I do agree that the stock sculpts skin tone is too dark

uploadfromtaptalk1454807582236.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

wasnt neds skin tone all dark and orangey as well when we saw the first ones arrive? got mine much later at retail he isnt orange at all. maybe the same will be for retail jons?

Which along with the upper lip and area immediately around it, is also the major problem with the Threezero sculpt IMO. But they delivered precisely what they've been showing all along so there isn't any reason to be surprised here. I'm loving the figure while realizing some things could have been done differently/better here and there.
Yeah, I'm also a bit surprised at all the disappointment. I guess a lot of folks were expecting/hoping it would improve from the prototype. But no surprises here, in terms of the sculpt, or Ghost, or anything else for me.

did we really only pay 30 for ghost?:lol such a good deal, jon on display next to ghost looks so cool.

wasnt neds skin tone all dark and orangey as well when we saw the first ones arrive? got mine much later at retail he isnt orange at all. maybe the same will be for retail jons?
Yeah, some had an orange tinge. There were variance in tone. I've already seen some with Jon.
Yeah, I'm also a bit surprised at all the disappointment. I guess a lot of folks were expecting/hoping it would improve from the prototype. But no surprises here, in terms of the sculpt, or Ghost, or anything else for me.
Pretty much. It's the same sculpt as the prototype, although with a weaker paint application I'll concead. I just wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it in hand.

Thanks to all of that natural light, the face is much more pale in Leenart's pics, which helps. But the eyes are still too far apart.

440px-Kit_Harington_June_2014.jpg

Unless Rocco's custom is a knockout though, I'm not sure I'll replace it. :(

I'll unlikely replace the sculpt either, but it is disappointing that ThreeZero's standard with their sculpts has gone downhill a bit. I haven't received my Jon figure yet, so I will have to wait until then before I pass my final judgement. It just appears that it really isn't up to the standard that they set with Tyrion, which has a fantastic likeness and excellent paint app.

I think QMX did a better job with their Mal figure as they didn't accept a subpar sculpt and paint job on their original production run.

ThreeZero is becoming a little hit and miss in my eyes, a bit like Star Ace and Asmus. I want to pick up Jaime and also the TWD line, but they've had some lackluster releases of late with RoboCop and Mass Effect.

I'm still going to support ThreeZero though. I like the pricepoint with their figures and I'm interested in their licences. I just hope they can get back to the standard they set with Tyrion.

image_jpeg.jpg

I did little more of photoshop painting on the picture Raymond posted. I would like to know what did you use to paint those beard? Such a great job! I haven't got mine yet since I bought it through ebay, but to me it looks like it definitely needs some custom painting of your own.

imagee_jpeg.jpg

I kind of massed up the eyes so you can see here with out the eyes. It's always difficult to get the eyes look right.

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s the Hero Club throne. It’s a close enough facsimile of the Iron Throne and poses great with 1:6 figures. As evenflow mentioned, I believe you can probably find it in the sub $200 range... I wonder if it's a recast though.

If I recall correctly, Dark Horse sold a licensed throne with a base but it was extremely limited and heavy (25 lbs). I forgot if it was 1:6 scale but it was slightly over a foot.

Unboxed Jon Snow and I’m actually quite satisfied with the purchase. It’s not perfect (and I do have gripes about it as collectors have posted in this thread) but when you factor in the price and the relative accuracy, I believe ThreeZero deserves some credit. As other have said, I was surprised how weighty Ghost was and it compliments Jon Snow well.

Still figuring how I want to display my Game of Thrones collection:

View attachment 243488

View attachment 243490

Hey Sabin23 could you post a pic of Daenerys with Jon? I would like to see the size difference. I'm interested in getting her, but that $390 price is kinda high for me...do you recommend purchasing Daenerys?

I still see Rob whenever I look at this figure. Regardless, I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to this so I'll just take the figure and move on haha...

I can't believe this! I got the exclusive from Threezero and it came without Longclaw! Looked everywhere in the packaging and its no where to be found!! This is outrageous

Hey Sabin23 could you post a pic of Daenerys with Jon? I would like to see the size difference. I'm interested in getting her, but that $390 price is kinda high for me...do you recommend purchasing Daenerys?

That's why I had to pass. I would have gone if it were closer to $300 but nearly $400 is out of the question.

I believe ajkhunter once told me it’s all relative whether something is a worthwhile purchase. To me it was expensive but worth the price. Yes, I would recommend the Dany but I don’t know what type of budgetary constraints you are on. I understand that it's a lot of money to spend.

As a fan of the Khaleesi and Emilia Clarke, I had to have it - so price didn’t really factor into my decision. I’m relatively new to the 1/6 hobby but I know that small produced customs like this typically cost more than mass produced lines so I was OK conceding paying more.

I also factored in how much longer we’ll have to wait for a 1:6 Dany. ThreeZero may make her eventually but there are no guarantees of if/when or what the quality will be like… I’m happy with this sculpt - it’s not perfect but at least I have her in my collection (in the present) and can admire it whenever i look at my display. If ThreeZero produces a better looking Dany in future, I can live with that and will buy theirs as well.

You could buy the sculpt separately and then look for your own outfit/body. I opted to buy the head and outfit but ended up replacing the body with Ada Wong to get the seamless arm look. I’m not a diehard Game of Thrones aficionado but the tailored outfit is close enough for me.

Here are a couple pics (per your request). Not the best quality and sorry for the bad posing but hope it gives you a better idea of the scale between Jon and Dany. Dany appears to be only slightly shorter than Jon Snow.

Keep in mind that Dany is on an Ada Wong body so that might throw off the scale. In real life, I believe Kit Harrington is 6-inches taller than Emilia Clarke. Also, the heels of her boots give her some additional height... but i will be posing Dany on the throne so I won't be able to notice the inaccuracy.

Dany & Jon Snow 1.jpg

Dany & Jon Snow 2.jpg

Dany & Jon Snow 3.jpg

I put my Dany on a Sucker Punch Babydoll body from Hot Toys. I also had to sand down the lower legs to get them all the way into the boots. She scales very well with this body.

GoT-four_zpsgznmisrm.jpg

:clap

That's more like it. Much better to scale. Baby Doll is not a cheap figure so I'd be a little reluctant to modify or use that but it looks great.

How were you able to get the left hand (with the ring) onto Baby doll's arm?

I tried with the Ada Wong but it didn't seem to be the right fit so my current Dany setup has the Ada Wong left hand (no ring).

Back